Sign in to follow this  
Jel

Good to read

Not sure why you made a new thread to post something like this. Unless your maybe concerned still and unclear what I personaly have said about the recent (and old) feedback meant to be helpful.

I and a few others use to praise the UAW work, but never got a thank you or similer thought in return. So I turned to just giving feedback as an un-emotional helpful information. (buts its takenmost the time in a misguide way).
Then I relized there was something else wrong with the way people behave in this community (in partial the codegroup) and refrained from much praise at all.

I have praised VBHs work as well, but have refrained from doing so too often in recent times. Not for the same reason though as I know he knows I mean well, even if I sound concerned myself about a change.

Why did I bother posting this? IDK, not much else going on in the forums at the moment. But its definatly something to think about when it comes to people's thoughtful feelings.
Most people that have posted without praise still mean it, they are just too ocupied at getting EAW working in the first place (a universal problem) and then when they do they enjoy it I would like to think.

Thanks, and it was good to read the thanks from "Schming56" who needed a bit of help to get going, but is now a happy long time EAW user :smile:

Yeah, I didnt want to mention he needed help as I read in the SimHQ forum. I was concerned it would have been seen as an attack on 160, but wouldn't have been, and is not now.

Everyone almost have issues with EAW it seems when they first get going. The fault lyes in the original code and windows os issues primarily , and other subtle file management issues by users.

Your welcome BTW.

I had a PM from OldGrognard at SHQ who tried to install UAW160, and things went from bad to worse.

From what he wrote he got the PC Accelerator "virus" from the MediaFire download, which caused a multitude of problems.
I did not think that this was possible, and it is certainly not bundled with the downloadable 7-zips.
What are your thoughts?

Perhaps his system was already infected, IDK. I'm not expert to these types of things.

Or perhaps one of the advertisements was infected when he clicked to download.??

Edited by MarkEAW

3 hours ago, MarkEAW said:

Perhaps his system was already infected, IDK. I'm not expert to these types of things.

Or perhaps one of the advertisements was infected when he clicked to download.??

One would think the ads were carefully screened by the download site; not to do so would be financial madness.  I suppose anything is possible, but I rather doubt his computer caught the virus from Mediafire site ads.  I could be wrong.  No expert, either.

As far as I'm concerned, my anti-virus ware always scans any download.  Yours should do the same, and probably does.  If not, then check settings and allow security scans of anything downloaded.  

Maybe OG should delete the suspect program(s)/download(s), update their antivirus programs, and run them.  I suggest Malwarebytes as a very good, free program which can be run, in its free version, as a sort of "clean-up"/backup program.  It sometimes catches things that Windows Defender misses.

It is always good practice to manually update one's antivirus programs prior to downloading anything.  This is often forgotten, sad to say.

Other than this general advice, I have nothing to offer.  I certainly hope the situation is resolved, and the cause of the problem found so that we can all avoid such problems.