Sign in to follow this  

how do I replace the modern runways with WWII  airfields ?

5d7d41f93b081_Takeoff1.thumb.jpg.329f5c9b4dfe77616bf275bcb81c8d36.jpg5d7d41fb60464_Takeoff2.thumb.jpg.7a50a65235027b9e5018e57d0c10988a.jpg

a lot of runways were simple meadows.

Take the airfield.ini from First eagles and an empty, flat place on the map.

Edited by Gepard

7 hours ago, Veltro2k said:

how do I replace the modern runways with WWII  airfields ?

What you're considering would be quite a bit of work, I think. You could add new runway lods to the terrain folder then adjust the Types.ini to use the new lods instead of the stock ones. Of course now you will have to use Mues Target Area Editor to reposition all the buildings, hangars, vehicles etc. that are now out of position. Not impossible but like I said, lots of work. 

Regarding Major Bloodnok's first post, I have that airfield installed but I don't think it ever had a data.ini file to go with it. I put one together with taxi, take off, and parking positions but haven't done any lights yet. Here's a screenshot and the ini file attached. With the curved taxi ways it was a PITA!

TaxiPositions.thumb.jpg.888a47106b196a9b38fd5617abc5b19a.jpg

WW2 Airbase ini:   WW2AirbaseData.zip

• Like 1

Nice work Baffmeister! I have done that TEDIOUS S#!T also! And yes I concur, it is a royal PITA!

Edited by NIELS
  • Haha 1

most runways  where just dirt and grassfields

Those big german flak towers ate great! Don't remember wich terrain has it.

the flak towers are on the EAW Euro WW2 terrian. As you all know, -I- should know.

Truth be told, there are NO stock runways that come very close to any of the WW2 fields. Some of the larger bomber bases DID use something like the Runway4, but with differing buildings (like lots of Q-huts)

Like Niels and Baff said, building airfields is a fucking nightmare (and I did most of my work waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Mue's TAE).

===

the easiest and simplest way is a simple copy/paste of the old airfield target area with the new target area statements. MAKE DOUBLE DAMN SURE YOU BACKUP UP THE TARGETS INI BEFORE MESSING WITH IT!! And that the tiling supports the "clear tile" airfield zones.

• Like 1

for that terrain I wanted to create all the structures and the Tempelhof airfield, but I can't look at the ground with the editor of Mue, so just create the flack towers

img04572.thumb.JPG.fe2bf93329b4485aca8439e9466c7bab.JPGimg04577.thumb.JPG.006e21dafac6f43eed990b7bf8e1a07d.JPGimg05480.JPG.5b933d20d784507073b8ae71e2a43f3f.JPG

Those runways were made by me...more of a generic WW2 bomber base, they are in the latest version of the UK Terrain with ini's to match. They usually show as 2 versions, early and late so that building types etc change .

Sorry to be vague, only just got home after a 4 week stay in hospital.

• Sad 1

Damn, I hope things are ok Ant!! I was in and out most of last for an -attempted- kidney stone removal (13.1mm - I can provide pictures if anyone wants to see it) that they couldn't get. Back and forth to the ER several times as the "outlet tube" had swollen shut or got blocked. Had to be catheteriezed and wore a bag and tube for several days. Not an experience I would wish on anyone. Especially the insertion and removal. And they still need to go back in at some time to get the f*cking stone!!

=====

The other thing I was remembering about airfields, is even with crossing runway, the game only allows for 1 active. So the others are just eye candy. But putting dispersals around them is a good idea

Torno seems to be showing us Kamhauber (sp?) towers

• Sad 1

Cheers Kev....13mm that's a hell of a size.

My bowel suddenly burst so I ended up being blue lighted into hospital for emergency surgery, after a few days they realised things were not going as they should be........rushed into surgery again, this time was more successful but certainly not a nice experience.

So after a lot of tubes/drains etc I've finally been released home with a bag to collect my "stuff" and a set of wounds that need daily attention......at least I'm home now.

• Sad 2

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you, Ant. And maybe sending a few requests to The Big Boss. I hope and pray all gets better soon, brother!!

• Like 1

Both Sundowner and Wrench: positive thoughts, energy and prayers (whatever works!) to both you guys.  You both have been significant figures and familiar voices in this community for an awful long time, and hopefully you will both remain active, energetic and healthy for a very long time to come.  This would be an appropriate time for a group hug, but everyone should be mindful of the  stitches!

Please be well!

• Like 1

Ant . wishing you the best, my prayers and a speedy recovery ...wow we are quite some work , even Kev and unfortunately me..as Kev knows, been having a lot of problems with my eyes,,, at the moment cant see anything out of my right eye and have to pay a visit to the OR again soon for operation no. 3  hopefully third times the charm

Edited by Veltro2k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hope you guys stay well soon! Speedy recovery guys!

• Like 1