Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Need a little help

So I've been going around to forums to preach the SF2 gospel to the masses, and one place that I post on a lot people keep asking which mod manager to use with SF2, and when I say "none, that's just gonna make it more complicated" they don't believe me, call me a grognard, etc.

Anyone that can provide a quick and easy explanation of why using mod managers is a dumb idea for SF2? AFAIK no one really uses a MM for this right?

Why would you need one ? basically the architecture of the SF/FE series is so logical and easy and the ability to create a new environment to have a particular map or campaign, or to add mods , is so simple the use of mod managers not only is redundant, it is an over complication and would most likely cause more issues than it would solve, also, the support network on this site for all the iterations of the sim is so good, that there should be little or no confusion as to the procedures and steps needed to install mods or campaigns, or terrains etc etc. :pilotfly:

There's no need for a mod manager, as trotski just said, you simply create a new mods folder via an exe copy/rename.

Couldn't be easier.

Every one of us here has a mod manager already: a brain and the read me!

• Haha 2

lol, thanks guys. Pretty much what I was expecting