does anyone have a proper one of these on hand? the lod is like so on all the in game B28/Mk28s i can find

b28.thumb.jpg.8765e7eb446506c2016567300170d593.jpg

but what i need for inside a Buff is this

9496913566_bdcec93ba9_b.thumb.jpg.b925baabfd8e4a19ac22e698a2de4eb2.jpg

anyone have a proper nuclear weapon, or can think of a different weapon lod that would work as a stand in?

heres another pic that shows the difference in variants

BEL_BB013-4.thumb.jpg.a5175824e298e061e60203c97dca24cf.jpg

Edited by daddyairplanes

As an aficionado of the atomic arts, I'd have to say that most of the nukes available aren't very good, with the exception of the WE.177. 

Maybe you should ask Ravenclaw, he's our weapon manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Maybe you should ask Ravenclaw, he's our weapon manager.

I think he is working on new nukes. 

this do you for now...just a quickie...need  adjust the attach point and get the bump better..  effects shitty thnx to the crap dx issue

img00030.thumb.JPG.f8568cd7e734b636e20028c5d5bab99d.JPG

img00031.JPG

• Like 3

:clapping:that would certainly do,  does it come parachute retarded :biggrin: (no, seriously)

effects and all else i wasnt too worried about, there is a pointy nose version here in house, i was just gonna apply the data from the old to the new lod. i can even finish skinning it unless you prefer just lack the ability to make lods (esp with an intent to release in an actual two weeks)

trying to fix the load outs on the late 80s Buffs, turns out SRAMs werent carried outside much after the 70s. but the bombs werent pointy either

B28FIClip.jpg.71fcbbc1fc7f30f8234ead2af33a647d.jpg

img01237.thumb.JPG.ec52d9f22d8db2af603732cbdb98c842.JPG

img01236.thumb.JPG.dee01187f4129306a52930d45e048499.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

this do you for now...just a quickie...need  adjust the attach point and get the bump better..  effects shitty thnx to the crap dx issue

Ok, Russo, you have my attention now, what's the plane in top pic, and what's the plane in lower pic?

Stratos planes are Vickers 553 project from 1953 and Supermarine seafang...old version new ones being done. pics in screen threads sefang last page of WW" and Vickers last page of 2 seaters threads

here you go DA   redid skin added basic temp....remapped it as other overlapped and would have given u headache...I know where bits are ,you dont lol..so hence easier temp\mapping.

just added basics to data etc...do what you want with it lol

B28.7z

Nuke.jpg

tempp.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

Stratos planes are Vickers 553 project from 1953 and Supermarine seafang...old version new ones being done. pics in screen threads sefang last page of WW" and Vickers last page of 2 seaters threads

here you go DA   redid skin added basic temp....remapped it as other overlapped and would have given u headache...I know where bits are ,you dont lol..so hence easier temp\mapping.

just added basics to data etc...do what you want with it lol

B28.7z

Nuke.jpg

tempp.jpg

Hi russouk2004 Excellent work :drinks:

russouk, thank you very much sir!

img01238.thumb.JPG.58e79e85869aea77b8d6b13794ca6213.JPG

its still a little jammed on the inside, but that seems a bomb bay limitation as the weapon dimensions are correct.(talking with SRAMs and bombs as was carried in the 80s)

this weapon was commonly used in laydown mode (the big cannister on back is a parachute). would a chute be possible to slow this puppy at low level? if not what there is is excellent

thank you for the quick work on it either way:drinks:

if you have diagram to show how and where chute attaches etc...will see what can do...I have some chutes in max lying around.

either that or if you want max files and you have someone who can do it...either way is ok

looking at the thing.I think the en cover drops off and ejects chute out of back..

Edited by russouk2004

Let me help with the loadout and station files. I actually noticed this issues when working on the B-52 for you last year but I did not want to pester Ravenclaw_007 because of his workload and health issues. 

Edited by KJakker
  • Thanks 1

heres the data.ini as mostly done. gotta get to the loadout.ini but for a historical fit its not gonna take too much. only 3 station groups unlike the G and used the HSAB for conventional (and ALCM) rather than the Hound Dog pylon and i beam. also the Hs had a nearly total nuclear commitment in the 80s. the ability to load dumb iron and some guided missiles was there, just not used until the Gs were almost all gone

B-52H_88_data.7z

Russouk, heres the fit within the bay

img01239.thumb.JPG.0b5ddf94fc7cc33d5c2cc81fd82cb299.JPG

maybe a 1/3 of a meter shaved off the front if you have to rework the model to incorporate a chute should get a fit if not, well not too many peek in the bay in flight do they?

back at KJakker, Quail would be awesome, but is outside the scope here. Im doing G_89 and H_88 for now. but am wanting to come back and do the tall tails and G/H post Nam (y'all should know my particular modding fetishes by now :biggrin:). just gonna take a break after these to pull some Switchblades and them Bones

update heres the loadout as stands. B61 is a place filler until this is completed, and not much conventional due to the Hs being primarily nuclear alert. added some in tho as it is a game and maybe a commo van doesnt need its own 1.45 Megaton device

B-52H_88_LOADOUT.7z

both inis considered 90% done

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

Also I was working on most of the US nukes earlier this year to get all of the various yields right for each of the types presently available in SF2. Maybe we can get proper models for all of them as some are using placeholders and others are old and could use a LOD or texture update.

SF2_Bomber_Nukes.JPG.dbf4b58316cd6115dfe20992a8c343e2.JPG

Edited by KJakker
  • Like 3

@KJakker - good idea. 

I've made  Mk.7 tactical nuke with latest F-101 redux.

Mk7_Thor-1.jpg.fab948a6ae450601670030f7f0d22e17.jpg

on other blasting things- I have HoundDog, BOMARC, and Regulus in WIP...

56.jpg.14791668cb35c1bf470466ab23c2f404.jpg

• Like 2

Sizes I had were maybe later mk ?...will reduce it a tad....

here,retarded...missed a better screen lol....

added basics to this data.ini...anim num etc...

B28.7z

bm.jpg

only if you two are related and not in the state of Alabama :lol:

sizes seemed dead on for the weapon, but the bomb bay is a bit smallish. i'd say easier to shrink the bomb a little than to redo the BUFF! awesome on getting a chute on this bad boy

yakarov, with the Hound Dog keep in mind a few things: they were camoflaged in the 70s (little skin consideration) and the crews often used the jets on them to generate extra thrust on take off (topping off the missile tanks in flight)

general weapons question: can the arming time value be used to delay teh explosion and still work AFTER the weapon hits the ground? if so what would be a good value to enter (thinking ArmingTime=15.00000)

Kjakker, are you looking to name this thing something other than B28FI_1.1MT? or if you want to be all historical B28FI(Mod1)

Edited by daddyairplanes

The round blue component is in the wrong position on the skin. There should be two of them at about 45 degrees from the mounting lugs, compare with these images.

Also it looks like the fins can be mounted in two different position ether in line with or 45 degrees off from the mounting lugs.

Mk_28_nuclear_bomb_Ellsworth_AFB_1984.thumb.jpg.71ad3b1effec9b7ea42b261f8aaef879.jpg

Mk_28_F1_Thermonuclear_Bomb.thumb.jpg.d74a9a5898f6797809657c439eeab3d2.jpg

Mark_28_Thermonuclear_Bomb.thumb.jpg.14d311d3021b3bd94bf72580c844120d.jpg

Will this do?

B28_edit.JPG.21bee3454c09eefb76e5e9c81efebbd3.JPG

I have the B28FI set as free fall and the B28RI set as retarded. I am thinking of changing the yield numbers on the folder and file names to the Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, and Y5 designation and only having the specific yield listed in the FullName= entries inside the files.

• Like 2

file folder can go the historical designation, in the drop down in game i would have the yield showing  (for those that actually just fly this sim rather than research for hours on end!)

still wondering how to delay the explosion. it would be nice to fly lower than 20000 ft and survive this thing!