changes i made to the data ini so far

DragAreaMultiplier=120.000000  ________________ up from 0

Explosives=10000000.000000 ------------------------------ took one zero off, so not dropping tsar bomba and dying. odd because the B61 values are higher and no issues until 1000ft

ArmingTime=120.000000 ------------------------------------- not sure this is doing anything

have it down so far to laydown delivery survival at no less than 1500ft or 490kts.  1250ft and things start flying off the airframe (altitudes in screenie are follow thru on popping up). better than the first test where i disintegrated at 10000ft

img01242.thumb.JPG.f5ac11e19659303f69b9ff780898a625.JPGimg01243.thumb.JPG.96199f2eb0bcaf0c61f4ed138bffc5ba.JPG

(yes i know im impatient and like to charge ahead with things that i can)

Edited by daddyairplanes

Scaled it down a tad to about proper size ,loaded pilot in max to scale down to...

updated Template,updated LOD,updated Data...(just new dimensions) added a bit...Blue plugs .and redid Bump map...

NOOK.jpg

B-28 -2.7z

Edited by russouk2004
oops wrong 7Zip file...sorted
  • Thanks 1

Love the details on that landing gear and the acces panel, that's a insane level of detal! Looking forward to fly this puppy, and hope you add a bit of history of the plane with the release!

15 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

seems better

img00034.JPG

img00036.JPG

img00037.JPG

Looking good. :drinks: Hi, russouk2004 Is this a new Mig your working on?

TY Stratos  I try

GKABS  its a Brit project of 1953 era...my interpretation of what 2 seater would be.   Vickers 553 project from 1953

My single seater did away with the Lightning style canopy as pilots found it obscured vision for a" fighter version." my take on it if it had happened .

Image2.jpg

Image4.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 3

Found in the British Secret Projects book, thanks

15 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Found in the British Secret Projects book, thanks

Yeah I got em all...really good reading and ideas galore...

British Secret Projects 5 of them  Tony Butler  

Midland Publishing  British secret Fighters,and the Bombers ones.

3 Luftwaffe and 3 Soviet ..Butler and Gordon

all in all about 75 editions..

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

One interesting design were the Saunders Roe mixed power interceptors!

• Like 1

russouk, its fitting beautifully now and the SRAMs dont even have to be jammed against the back wall anymore:drinks:  what font did you use for the Y1? (reason why below)

kjakker, do you have any other inputs in the near future? if not, im looking to rig up four weapons with the different yields (70kt, 350kt, 1.1MT and 1.4MT) and load the 350 as standard ATTACK in the loadout.

thank you guys very much for your help with this

IIRC it was one of the RAF ones...from simmerspaintshop

yep it was this one   RAF_PW_ATH

zip files in this one,also newest max file if you want to mod it

UK.7z

nuke01.7z

Edited by russouk2004
  • Thanks 1

Forgot...you can delete the nuke.psd  nukebump dds they template and old bump map

nice 1 KJ

Edited by russouk2004

15 hours ago, KJakker said:

Here, try these.

B28 Bombs.7z

Are these sufficiently "definitive" to include in a new aircraft loadout? I am still working on the USN/USMC Buccaneer (McDonnell A-6 Bakunawa). Naturally it would carry its nuclear weapons internally. A decent internal nuke would make a good addition for my American Buccaneer. As you can see, it's a tight squeeze, but there is clearance. 

img01002.JPG

img01006.JPG

img01008.JPG

Edited by Sheriff001
  • Like 1

Sheriff, only thing i can see so far is to adjust the "Y5" on the skins of all but the 1.45MT weapons. the Y(number) denoted what the yield was. I plan to get to that within the week (work allowing).

Kjakker, are you planning on releasing this, or would you mind if i updated Killerbee's B28 ini's and released a pack of both(internal versions and KBs externals)? either way plugging the FI_350kt into my release for the B-52s this month. big help and thank you again

back at Sheriff, i still say that birds unofficial name should be the Chiquita!

• Haha 1

ok, update with oppurtunity to test....

Kjakker, could you upload the effects and sound to go with the bombs? also adjusting the drag ratios on the RIs so they fall back (like a parachute retarded weapon) and give the aircraft time to get away.

also need to either change the FI to the parachute lod or eliminate it. the difference in the two was that the RI was retarded internal carriage, FI could also land on the ground, wait 30 seconds then detonate. so far im not sure that can replicate in game.

no jobs today so will be working on adjusting the Killerbee originals, skins on russouk's and other edits to make the experience survivable

finally, interesting fact from research: the B28 minus chute was the weapon for the A-5. it was in front of two fuel tanks, and the whole works was ejected with the tail cone over the target.

UPDATE 2

getting some makeup on KBs old bombs. nothing like ravenclaws work, but better than the original

weapons pack

img00003.thumb.JPG.cd5c02bbb8925772137520c5ff2ecc26.JPG

today

img01250.thumb.JPG.38d436408244bf12fbce37119fb65495.JPGimg01248.thumb.JPG.4eefb5c5d060b6e767030c4f71508c33.JPG

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 3

If the names stay consistent, then they can be added to the loadout.ini. But not urgent. 

i'd hold a minute Sheriff. waiting on word from Kjakker about the effects (unless anyone else knows where the KT030 and MT030 nuclear effects are ), and i made adjustments to the RI's so they actually slowed down in the game rather than continue forward. me being nitpicky me also renamed for historical accuracy (ie B28RI Mod 5 for the 1.4 MT)

finally, as mentioned above the RI and FI were parachute retarded. the difference lies in that the FI had bigger chutes to allow a "soft" landing and 30 second delay for laydown delivery. the RI just slowed it down. not sure the game will allow the 30 seconds on the ground before detonating tho.

i want to release the B28RI_350 with the latest BUFF pack mid month, so hopefully resolved by weeks end. as to all others, again awaiting word from kjakker

12 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

i'd hold a minute Sheriff. waiting on word from Kjakker about the effects (unless anyone else knows where the KT030 and MT030 nuclear effects are ), and i made adjustments to the RI's so they actually slowed down in the game rather than continue forward. me being nitpicky me also renamed for historical accuracy (ie B28RI Mod 5 for the 1.4 MT)

finally, as mentioned above the RI and FI were parachute retarded. the difference lies in that the FI had bigger chutes to allow a "soft" landing and 30 second delay for laydown delivery. the RI just slowed it down. not sure the game will allow the 30 seconds on the ground before detonating tho.

i want to release the B28RI_350 with the latest BUFF pack mid month, so hopefully resolved by weeks end. as to all others, again awaiting word from kjakker

I have the KT030 and MT030 nuclear effects, all of the KTxxx and MTxxx infact as a package. I'm not home till tomorrow but will upload them here when I can.

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!

Had an epiphany of sorts with lay down delivery. Due to the size of the blast the RI was only cleared down to mid altitude ( no low altitude) releases any how. So i need to slow them down, but not near as much as an F. 

Working myself today, so will get going tonight or tomorrow 

9 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

Thank you!

Had an epiphany of sorts with lay down delivery. Due to the size of the blast the RI was only cleared down to mid altitude ( no low altitude) releases any how. So i need to slow them down, but not near as much as an F. 

Working myself today, so will get going tonight or tomorrow 

Nuke Effects-Modified.7z

On 29/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, KJakker said:

Also I was working on most of the US nukes earlier this year to get all of the various yields right for each of the types presently available in SF2. Maybe we can get proper models for all of them as some are using placeholders and others are old and could use a LOD or texture update.

SF2_Bomber_Nukes.JPG.dbf4b58316cd6115dfe20992a8c343e2.JPG

I am very interested in this, @KJakker. I am using a B61 10kt bomb (not retarded) for the upcoming F-22A addon. The 3d model I have is good looking and fine. What I am not fine with is the damage modelling of SF2. I'd really like to improve it and I am planning to improve the visual effects as well. I have been tweaking the weapon's _data.ini, unfortunately there is no way to simulate the damage of the shockwave. By using the correct values, Explosives=10000000.00 and WarheadType=14 (A-bomb), the blast radius is very small. I wonder how you standardize all of this.

In general, it would be very cool to have this complete pack of nuclear weapons with same standards and decent damage modelling available. I find the megaton nukes to be ludicrous for the SF2 gameplay. However, small yield nukes can be used in a more realistic way.

Edited by Menrva

13 minutes ago, Menrva said:

I am very interested in this, @KJakker. I am using a B61 10kt bomb (not retarded) for the upcoming F-22A addon. The 3d model I have is good looking and fine. What I am not fine with is the damage modelling of SF2. I'd really like to improve it as best as possible. I have been tweaking the weapon's _data.ini. Unfortunately there is no way to simulate the damage of the shockwave. By using the correct values, Explosives=10000000.00 and WarheadType=14 (A-bomb), the blast radius is very small. I wonder how you standardize all of this.

In general, it would be very cool to have this complete pack of nuclear weapons with same standards and decent damage modelling available. I find the megaton nukes to be ludicrous for the SF2 gameplay. However, small yield nukes can be used in a more realistic way.

I just had an idea. We could modify the "Range" terrain's Target Areas to clear them of the present arrangement of targets. Then we can then place different types of buildings, reinforced concrete, cement, steel, brick and wood frame houses, etc at a series of known distances from ground zero and see what type of effect bombs of known yields have upon each object type. Then compare that effect observed with the one for that yield bomb indicated by NUKEMAP.

I have already collected the NukeMap data for air burst of all necessary in game US bomb yields. I just need to do so for ground burst then. I am working on updating the nuke explosion effect for each bomb yield as well, hence the data collection I have been doing. 

Nukemap_AB_Data_for_SF2_bomb_effects.docx

As an aside, try changing the WarheadType=14 to WarheadType=0 (High Explosive) and WarheadType=5 (Fuel Air Explosive) and test the bomb again to see how things differ from when set to Nuclear Fission and WarheadType=15 (Nuclear Fusion).

Bombing Range Target Area

5dbeea7ee46d9_BombingRange.thumb.JPG.66167ea7c745d5c97afb4ecad6a0fb96.JPG

• Like 1

@KJakker Man, you wouldn't believe it, I was having a look at NukeMap just a few seconds ago! Great minds think alike! 

I am rather busy with RL but I am willing to help when possible with the weapon files, especially sounds and tweaks to the effects (I want to test with different .fx shaders that are available, as I did for the weather effects in my realSKY mod package).

49 minutes ago, KJakker said:

As an aside, try changing the WarheadType=14 to WarheadType=0 (High Explosive) and WarheadType=5 (Fuel Air Explosive) and test the bomb again to see how things differ from when set to Nuclear Fission and WarheadType=15 (Nuclear Fusion).

This is important to check as well. However, part of me wants to keep it as correct as possible; we should find the perfect values that work for WarheadType=14 (A-bomb) and WarheadType=15 (H-bomb). The other two are simply inappropriate, and I'd rather use something that's included in SF2 for nuclear weapons and find a way on how to make it work properly.

49 minutes ago, KJakker said:

I just had an idea. We could modify the "Range" terrain's Target Areas to clear them of the present arrangement of targets. Then we can then place different types of buildings, reinforced concrete, cement, steel, brick and wood frame houses, etc at a series of known distances from ground zero and see what type of effect bombs of known yields have upon each object type.

Better and even faster, I think we should focus only on a specific type of ground object, a hardened hangar or something as strong as a cement building. From what I see on NUKEMAP,  the "Air blast radius (5 psi)" is what should be used as reference; most buildings would be destroyed within it. SF2 uses the following statements to determine how strong a structure is (example values are those of an hardened aircraft shelter and hangar respectively):

DamagePoint=140.0
ArmorValue=24516080.0
ArmorType=2

DamagePoint=100.0
ArmorValue=516128.0
ArmorType=1

So... how about creating a PM group for anyone interested in this modding effort?

Edited by Menrva

@Menrva I think you are over focused on the 5 psi ring on NukeMap. Check the definitions of the overpressure effects listed below. 5 psi is for residential building, not hardened aircraft shelters which are reinforced concrete.

Air blast radius (1 psi): Light damage
At a around 1 psi overpressure, glass windows can be expected to break. This can cause many injuries in a surrounding population who comes to a window after seeing the flash of a nuclear explosion (which travels faster than the pressure wave). Often used as a standard benchmark for light damage in cities.

Air blast radius (5 psi): Medium damage
At 5 psi overpressure, most residential buildings collapse, injuries are universal, fatalities are widespread. Often used as a standard benchmark for medium damage in cities.

Air blast radius (20 psi): Heavy damage
At 20 psi overpressure, heavily built concrete buildings are severely damaged or demolished; fatalities approach 100%. Often used as a standard benchmark for heavy damage in cities.

Air blast radius (200 psi): Extreme damage
200 psi is approximately the pressure felt inside of a steam boiler on a locomotive. Extreme damage to all civilian structures, some damage to even "hardened" structures.

Air blast radius (3,000 psi): Destroys missile bunkers
Missile silos can be blast hardened to survive many thousand psi of pressure, but not much else can.

As for putting together a group in PM for anyone interested in working as part of a modding effort to update the in game nukes then yes I think such a project is a good idea. However we should keep a public thread to share info with others as I am sure their are people who don't have time to join a group but could offer advice if shown periodic updates.

I have attached the Surface Burst counterpart to the Air Burst list of NukeMap effects of in game US bomb yields. Note, the casualty figures are significantly off from the Air Burst list above because I used a different target but physical effects should still be correct for our needs.

Nukemap_SB_Data_for_SF2_bomb_effects.docx

Also here is the list of bomb effects from NukeMap broken down for easy reference.

NukeMap Effect Details.docx