KJakker

Freespace 2 for FREE on GOG

Freespace 2 for FREE on GOG until 1 PM UTC on September 27th, 2019.

• Like 1

Cool!!!

I've never played it, and at that price! I'm going for it!!

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

Cool!!!

I've never played it, and at that price! I'm going for it!!

Let me get you the Source Code Project mod for it as it vastly improves the graphics.

• Thanks 1

Thanks!

Still have to figure out the keymapping ... so used to XvT/XWA!! 

Okay, I have looked things over and the FS2:SCP team has made mods easier than ever. Just download and install the Knossos mod manager located here. https://fsnebula.org/knossos/ When installing just let it create a FreespaceOpen directory and then point it to your retail or GOG install folder for FreeSpace 2. Once that is done find the MediaVP files and install them. I would also recommend the "FreeSpace Port" and "FreeSpace Port MediaVP" so you can play the FreeSpace 1 campaign.

To play just select Home in the Knossos installer, put your mouse over the installed mod you want like "Retail FS2" or "MediaVP's" and click play.

I moved the post down here, mostly so I could find it again (and not have it get buried in The Pub), and follow those links!

thanks bro!!

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

I moved the post down here, mostly so I could find it again (and not have it get buried in The Pub), and follow those links!

thanks bro!!

Let me know how you like it. Also if you want some mod recommendations just ask.

pretty wild!

it shows I'm a crappy space pilot! Been stuck on some of the last mission (trying to take out the launcher/gun thingys of the enemy super ship before it jumps)

also played the BSG mod "Diaspora/Aerilon is burning -actually the same". pretty damn good! Need more BSG!!!

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

pretty wild!

it shows I'm a crappy space pilot! Been stuck on some of the last mission (trying to take out the launcher/gun thingys of the enemy super ship before it jumps)

also played the BSG mod "Diaspora/Aerilon is burning -actually the same". pretty damn good! Need more BSG!!!

Is the mission you are having trouble on "Bearbaiting" with the SJ Sathanas, or are you referring to the "Good Luck" mission with the SD Lucifer in the FreeSpace 1 campaign?

Remember that the heavy bombs do more damage if you go to full burner before you launch them as they will carry the additional velocity with them. Also you often have to launch from the inner side of each claw of the SJ Sathanas to hit its beam cannon. Remember to be sure that the targeting bracket on the targeted subsystem is showing a square before you launch or your shots may not be hitting the targeted subsystem/turret.

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Bearbaiting

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Good_Luck

Yes, in both the Freespace 1 and Freespace 2! 

I'll have to give it a go again. Thanks brudda!