I have a question about the F-22 HUD, used by the F-22 in the OPERATION DARIUS Add-On. Here are some screen shots of a Bandit locked up at 20 miles, within range.

I'm I missing something ???

Where is the in range indication ???

There is no "ticker" on the circle, no "Bar" to the side, and no "SHOOT" label on the target that is bracketed, and I don't see any indicator in Cockpit either.

Is it just me ???

F-22 Cockpit 01.JPG

F-22 Cockpit 02.JPG

Edited by FETCH2015
typo

Here is another one using combat MODE with the Bandit within visual range, and a Stinger selected. And here are the files in the RADAR folder.

F-22 Cockpit 03.JPG

Files in the F-22- Cockpit-RADAR- Folder.JPG

Edited by FETCH2015

since when do Raptor's carry Stingers??

I think he means Sidewinder. I took a hop in the same Raptor and didn't get much farther as my target wouldn't cooperate as far as locking onto an Iranian Phantom. Anyways, the best probably guesstimate through the radar MFD and get some sort of hope from that. I assume that the diamond represents the in-range indicator, but since I didn't get a lock on with my AIM-120Cs I can't say for certain as it was in range. If Dels (shoot him a PM, he may answer your question) is still around, maybe he can answer the question.

My bad …. yea I meant Sidewinder ...

and Thanks EricJ, at least I know it's not just me.  I'm going to try swapping around a few things and see what happens. I wonder if some settings have been altered (not the customary settings) in the hopes of creating a qazi STEALH effect … ???

Edited by FETCH2015
typo

That's beyond me, Crusader knows stuff like that and can maybe help, or maybe Fubar512. I just do skins and fly man.

Edited by EricJ

That might help my situation as I didn't update the F-22, so it may help with the AMRAAMs not firing or showing HUD symbology.

EDIT: There isn't a cue for the updated symbology, and Crusader may have a way of showing a shoot cue as I didn't see one.

Edited by EricJ

This is old cocpit. Some updates might be implemented in new one ...

11 hours ago, FETCH2015 said:

It's a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT … big time helps in combat.

check it out …

Good video, too bad the scale is small though, doesn't help when I zoom out the cockpit, or use wide view.

Yep. But that was a nice find, that update helped me even though I don't fly the Raptor.

SHOOT cue can not be added via avionics.ini. Unless I do not know about some hidden trick again. 

But.

It can be done in source file of the cockpit itself. 5-minute task.

img00006.thumb.JPG.6727e81846d93eddfb438392264cefd6.JPG

• Like 1

If SHOOT text isnt mapped to a polygon etc then no ini work will make it appear...unless fake it.maybe

Actually, there is a way - this is from my old Su-27_avionics.ini, back in the day when I was using Marc's cockpit:

[HUD_BreakX]
SymbolType=BREAK_X
ImageFilename=cockpit\hud\HUD_OTB.tga
ImageSize=0.04
ImagePosition=0.00,0.152
AwayImageFilename=cockpit\hud\HUD_LA.tga

HUD_LA.tga is the SHOOT cue

img00020.JPG

• Thanks 4

On 10/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, The Trooper said:

Another one of TKs little hidden features/functions  ...

What? Does it enable u to add text on hud such as SHOOT ?   

Edited by russouk2004

@Crusader Would you like to help us in improving the avionics for the new F-22A? We need to add the damned shoot cue via avionics.ini, by adding it to the 3d model it doesn't look right. We also miss target boxes for the ground targets.

Edited by Menrva

17 minutes ago, Crusader said:

I still have my F-22 test jet somewhere.. will see.

The 3d model of the cockpit has been reworked with more details. I think the avionics file has been slightly reworked as well, using your mod as a base. If you have time for it, just send me a PM and I will forward you the latest test files.

On 3/10/2019 at 2:23 AM, The Trooper said:

Actually, there is a way - this is from my old Su-27_avionics.ini, back in the day when I was using Marc's cockpit:

[HUD_BreakX]
SymbolType=BREAK_X
ImageFilename=cockpit\hud\HUD_OTB.tga
ImageSize=0.04
ImagePosition=0.00,0.152

HUD_LA.tga is the SHOOT cue

img00020.JPG

Any more detailed info on how to get this to work guys? I have tried with a HUD shoot/ in range cue for the F-15C but it only appears once the target is at the 'break x' range. So the 'AwayImageFilename=' tga image is not showing up when the radar target is in range of the selected missile.

It isnt the AwayImageFilename function.

It is the ShowAnyWeapon function added to LCOS  section which activates the missile tgas in the cockpit ini Gunsight section.

Which is good for 60's sights but not really suited for 70's avionics.