GKABS

target area editor green shape ghost

Please, can someone explain to me what is this green shape that I keep seeing every time I use the target area editor?

Annotation 2019-10-08 193757.png

missing texture for object in the terrain's folder,

or

object uses no textures, but colored materials (one of the oil tankers does this same thing)

odd textured object.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Wrench, it was making me go crazy 

but it come everywhere it mast be like you stated "missing texture for object in the terrain's folder" coded it be some trees scattered?  but I dont see any thing for it listed in the TAE ID type.

1 hour ago, GKABS said:

Thanks Wrench, it was making me go crazy 

but it come everywhere it mast be like you stated "missing texture for object in the terrain's folder" coded it be some trees scattered?  but I dont see any thing for it listed in the TAE ID type.

I think it's a TOD object (a tree) and therefore not listed in the target list window. You can show/hide TOD objects via View->Show TODs or the respective toolbar button.
TOD objects are contained in *.tod files. TOD files are associated with tiles (textures) via the <terrain>_data.ini.

• Thanks 1

true, that "cross shape' does look like one of those wonderful 3W tree shapes. Try turning off "Show TOD Objects" or whatever it is, and see if it goes away. If it does, that's what it is. Then you'll have to load the terrain up in the 3W Terrain editor, figure out what tile that is, and edit the Solid & Alpha objects (if the tile's ini is available; if not, you'll have to build a new one)

• Like 1

I think GKABS is using my Iraq terrain. Some TODs have the tree graphics not defined so they do not appear in-game. It is this way by my decision and design, on a number of tiles. So please, do not mess with this. If @mue ever brings us a TOD editor, I'll gladly make better TODs from scratch.

• Like 1

Thank you gentlemen for clearing up things for me :drinks: