Sign in to follow this  
Menrva

Locked service markings on a specific skin

What the title says; is there a way to lock service markings for a specific skin? I don't want to be able to change the service markings in the menu, on a number of skins I am making. I'd like to have that option greyed-out, as seen for the unit markings here below.

img00001.thumb.JPG.45274fac7ff037fa3f899ecd27688f6f.JPG

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure is possible, cause I've seen this on several planes, (mostly RED side).

Well, I hope someone who knows how to do it is willing to help. Otherwise, I'll have to find about this myself.

38 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Well, I hope someone who knows how to do it is willing to help. Otherwise, I'll have to find about this myself.

Do you have nation-specific entries (the ones that have 'DecalLevel=0' lines) in your Decals.ini? If so, remove the 'DecalLevel=0' lines.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blade said:

Do you have nation-specific entries (the ones that have 'DecalLevel=0' lines) in your Decals.ini? If so, remove the 'DecalLevel=0' lines.

indeed

@Blade I removed the DecalLevel=0 lines, but it doesn't work, I can always select the service markings. Are we sure that we can disable such selection? I am not so sure about this. In campaigns it's locked for obvious reasons, but in single missions it seems it's always possible to change it.

Edited by Menrva

I checked it. It seems that the game sees any decals with no DecalLevel line as a nation-specific decal (the default value for this parameter seems to be 0). Try reinserting the 'DecalLevel=' line but with a different value (e.g. 'DecalLevel=2'). Do not use 1, because the squadron selection would become active again.

Edited by Blade
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Blade said:

I checked it. It seems that the game sees any decals with no DecalLevel line as a nation-specific decal (the default value for this parameter seems to be 0). Try reinserting the 'DecalLevel=' line but with a different value (e.g. 'DecalLevel=2'). Do not use 1, because the squadron selection would become active again.

I tried with 2 and it works fine! Thank you very much for the help, Blade!

Any idea about how many decal levels the game provides, and what their exact purpose is? Nevermind, I have found this thread about the decal system, it answers all my questions: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92681-decals-system/?tab=comments#comment-748867

Edited by Menrva

Exported = FALSE

make it nation specific???

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

Exported = FALSE

make it nation specific???

Wrench, the plane was already nation specific, that's not the point! In all stock TW planes (which all have DecalLevel=0, even those with Exported=FALSE), for each skin you can select whichever nation you want in the loadout screen, thus you could have Chinese F-15s or Eritrean A-10s, if you wanted to. I wanted to disable such selection opportunity, and the solution provided by Blade works.

FYI, I am using DecalLevel=3 for anything that is not serials, they show up in-game as well as in mue's LODviewer. Putting them all to Level=2 forced me to select a plane number in mue's LODviewer, to have them all show up, but not all of my skins have selectable numbers by design.

Edited by Menrva