Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

The InfographicsShow - The F-35 issues.. your thoughts?

Bloody things a White Elephant, and a white elephant that could get pilots killed , all because of political and economic philandering and penny pinching, what make it worse is the RAF has bought this pile of shit.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of it. The money wasted on it to date could have been used to fund R&D and production on a/c that were best optimized for the needs of the individual services, and  that would do the job as designed.

• Like 1

My thing is this. The VFX program has taught us no single aircraft is suitable for all of the services. F-4, F-111, have taught us this back in the day. Just as there is no single tool that can do every job. There is no single aircraft that can do every job. Something will have to be compromised. Personally I like having a lot of options to handle a task. Sometimes the job will call for a knife and sometimes the job will call for a scalpel.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:02 AM, Nesher said:

It is a cartoon narrated by someone who has done very little research and has next to zero understanding of how aircraft are developed - please find me a $38m F-15E today because apparently this Muppet doesn't understand such things as inflation. It is beyond laughable, talk about a dog looking at the screen with its tongue out.

The aircraft and program is open to criticism like any other program but there were a lot of positives as well.

If anyone saw this 3 parter on the RAF/FAA in one of them they have trouble starting it - nothing really out of the ordinary but the sort of thing included in clueless videos above as if the sky is falling in.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MigBuster said:

It is a cartoon narrated by someone who has done very little research and has next to zero understanding of how aircraft are developed - please find me a $38m F-15E today because apparently this Muppet doesn't understand such things as inflation. It is beyond laughable, talk about a dog looking at the screen with its tongue out.

Yes, this is what striked me the most when I watched this video. The guy who made it doesn't even know what's the cost of other aircraft nowadays and that the purchase price of the F-35 and F-16V for export buyers is roughly comparable. 

• Like 1

This video is from 2015 but I think still deserves a look.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, KJakker said:

This video is from 2015 but I think still deserves a look.

Gdamn that smug twat expression on Pierre's face, if there was ever a self serving.....:censored:The only thing Pierre Sprey deserves is to be laughed out of the room.

That "fifth estate" interview of Pierre is a CBC special in Canada done to paint former PM Harper Govt plans to purchase the F-35 in a negative light, which they were encouraged to do so by the then opposition party leader now current PM Justin Trudeau

The CBC claims this interview was unbiased,:rolleyes: which anyone watching it objectively knows it wasn't.  Why'd the CBC, a crown corp go to great lengths to portray the F-35 in a negative light by interviewing Sprey ?  They were promised a huge bump in spending by Trudeau, not only for the F-35 but also for anything that would portray the Harper Govt in a negative light.  Oddly enough, Trudeau was true to his word and upon winning the election he gave the CBC $300 million of tax payer money.  Sorry for the long rant.  Needed to put this into context, well at least the Fifth Estate bit.

Don't care for the F-35, never will.  It's so aggressively yawn.  Hard to separate the cliché PR claptrap from facts most of which are classified.  I'm sure the next war coming to a theatre near "you" will prove whether or not it was the right choice.  

Edited by Atreides