With my SF2 deleting a load of non SF stuff...I decided to back up all my modelsagain (last time on a dvd) that ive put in game saving redoing all those ini files decals,varied other items...

bought new ssd Kingston 480GB and a Kingston flash drive...both for less than 40 quid (ssd was 22 quid ,saw same one going for 20 - 35 quid exact one..and flash was 18 quid )  and they are fast....flash for backing up my models...and ssd replaces one that im using just for SF2 (128GB)

well worth looking around as it saves you hours of work being lost forever which for me is annoying....

so back up and do it often drives are so cheap now and you can even back up SF2 complete install on one my instal tho only Test ,SF Europe,SF Israel and Nam...as I usually use Euro with all the terrains for the latter and thats only 98 gb  so easy to save it all.

My steam folder even got deleted by SF2 uninstaller....but easeus got it back...copied it back to Drive,and it still worked...lol

Edited by russouk2004

I have my whole mod folder backed up on an external hard drive, lessons learned from using Vista back when I had it. I lost some good stuff and ever since then I've backed up. But thanks for the heads up.

I know m8....its annoying when you lose hard wok  for sake of an hour or two copying stuff out.. one hiccup and its gone

also reccomend  easeus as it got everything on my D drive back that went tits up...tho some files were blank 0kb for some reason cockpit textures...luckily all were intact other folders,so able to copy over

• Like 1

This is what I have :stars: Backup up drive for a Backup of the Backup files :lol: 

Annotation 2019-10-11 005758.png

• Like 1

I use one portable USB hard drive; 3 Synology Network Attached Storage (NAS); currently have 7 home servers, but I personally only use 1; and a second hard drive in my gaming computer.

Yet, somehow I still manage to loose files.  Go figure.  :dntknw:

54 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

I know m8....its annoying when you lose hard wok  for sake of an hour or two copying stuff out.. one hiccup and its gone

also reccomend  easeus as it got everything on my D drive back that went tits up...tho some files were blank 0kb for some reason cockpit textures...luckily all were intact other folders,so able to copy over

Plus when I'm coming back to SF2 it helped a lot as I just had to copy and paste, and got things running again. I backed up though recently, so I'm good for now at least.

Rebuilding hangar but lost textures to the generator  anyone recognise it or have it please /..if not no biggy...TYIA

Mig29C_Hangar.jpg

Edited by russouk2004