I've been trying to put together a new J-7E /PG etc. flight model while Russ does some model improvements so here's a public beta tester using one of his original models, available here: https://combatace.com/files/file/16926-j-7-series-fighters/

This has been a difficult plane to research and there is lot's more to do so consider the attached FM as just an aerodynamic test mule. I left the original date range "as is" but the service start date for the first production double delta version, the J-7E, was around 1994-95. The model best represents the J-7E which retained the 3 piece windshield but had only one gun on the RH side. The cockpit included with the original model probably best represents the J-7E as well, which had only a simple ranging radar, although it probably had some multi function displays as well. Later Chinese versions, as well as all the export versions had more capable radars and a one piece windshield.

The original package contains a skin for both Pakistan and China so you might want to consider making two different versions. Pakistan was the first export customer and began receiving the first F-7PG's in June, 2001. A dedicated Pakistani version really requires a more modern cockpit with a combination of multi function displays and round gauges but at this point I'm not sure if there is anything suitable available. Any ideas?

Here's a bit more info on dates and export customers:

Prototype construction started in 1987-88.

First test flight in May, 1990.

J-7E and J-7EH[Chinese Navy] service entry in 1995.

F-7PG first export version to Pakistan in 2001.

J-7G upgraded Chinese version entered service in 2003. Upgraded radar and engine, one piece windshield.

F-7BG exported to Bangladesh in 2005.

F-7NM exported to Namibia in 2006.

F-7NI exported to Nigeria, early 2008.

F-7BGI final version built for Bangladesh, 2012-13 and probably the most capable, with upgraded engine and all glass cockpit.

Other possible customers are Sri Lanka and Tanzania but I'm still researching those.

For the export customers there were a lot of different equipment and load out options so it will take some time to get sorted out.

Here's an interesting article that gives an idea of the performance improvements with the double delta wing: http://urbanpk.com/pakdef/pakmilitary/airforce/ac/f7pg.htm

Regarding the FM, I have the leading and trailing edge flaps working with AUTOMATIC_MACH but there is no animation for the leading edge flaps. One source says the J-7E was equipped with a KG-8605 Active Jammer and a Type 941-4AC Chaff/Flare Dispenser but I just copied some ECM/Chaff/Flare entries from Wrench's F-20 Tigershark package.

Here's the FM: J-7PG_DATA0.95.zip

• Thanks 2

I will get you the model in few days m8   sorry but forgot to finish it...just needs some moving bits to get basic plane ready for this.

noticed in download I called it Russian Reds Display whereas its Chinese display team....will amend next upload.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

I will get you the model in few days m8   sorry but forgot to finish it...just needs some moving bits to get basic plane ready for this.

noticed in download I called it Russian Reds Display whereas its Chinese display team....will amend next upload.

No problem, lots more research required.

im busy trying to get models done...but priority to a paying customer lol

On 10/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, baffmeister said:

Type 941-4AC Chaff/Flare Dispenser

There...18 Flares, 36 Chaffs in dispensers integrated into the ventral fin

5181091.jpg

• Like 2