Fubar512

Why must you insist on carrying...

"Why must you insist on carrying a .50 cal desert eagle?" Because they don't make a .60 cal :smile:

50 DE.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't know that zombie elephants were a thing ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Wrench said:

I didn't know that zombie elephants were a thing ... 

One never knows what one might encounter.  Cthulhu, for example...

I forget you never played the CoC RPG. He's immune to everything!!! The game manual's distinctly don't reccomend using nuclear weapons; it only makes him mad, and he comes back,  "but now he's radioactive" :lol:

And trying to fit one of these into your waistband could be a small problem,,,,

image.thumb.png.c12cf301039c4b80ae0a667d7317c9a9.png

Edited by Nightshade/PR

4 hours ago, warthog64 said:

One of my favorites! Along with the 1911

It's also one of my favorites...though mine is chambered in 9 mm, so the ammo is about half as expensive as .45 ACP.  

HG_Collection.jpg

• Like 1

I went shooting today as well. I did terrible :/. Well its been like 7 years since I last shot. And my mount generator needs to be replaced. Had to do an old school method of string on trigger to shoot my AR. I use a special mount for my wheelchair to shoot. it has a "trigger finger" which when I push a button, it pulls the trigger. The generator for my mount is old and doesn't hold its charge :/. I was all over the place too. Probably from pulling the string and my mount was not really eye level of my POV. I shot about 75 rounds thru my AR when it decided to jam. Now I have to bring it to a gunsmith because with my disablity I can't field strip it to unjam it. But I had fun though if that made sense.

Falcon

1 hour ago, FalconC45 said:

I went shooting today as well. I did terrible :/. Well its been like 7 years since I last shot. And my mount generator needs to be replaced. Had to do an old school method of string on trigger to shoot my AR. I use a special mount for my wheelchair to shoot. it has a "trigger finger" which when I push a button, it pulls the trigger. The generator for my mount is old and doesn't hold its charge :/. I was all over the place too. Probably from pulling the string and my mount was not really eye level of my POV. I shot about 75 rounds thru my AR when it decided to jam. Now I have to bring it to a gunsmith because with my disablity I can't field strip it to unjam it. But I had fun though if that made sense.

Falcon

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your AR.  If I lived within reasonable driving distance of you, I would clear the jam and clean that firearm for you.  I have both an AR-15 and an AK-47, and enjoy shooting them both.

Retro-15.jpg

Thanks FUBAR, really appreciate the thought :). What brand of AK do you have? Been thinking of getting one myself. My AR is a Rock River Arms with a two stage trigger and a M4 style adjustable stock.

Falcon

My AK is nothing special. It's a Century Arms C39V2 with the full Magpul furniture set and a Primary Arms red-dot on the proprietary Century Arms side mount.  Given the checkered past of this brand and model, I check it regularly for head space issues with a set of go-no-go gauges, and keep a close eye on BCG and receiver wear. So far (approximately 1500 rounds in), so good.

It's proven accurate and reliable so far.

Here it is with my Mini-14..

IMG_20190307_081017.jpg

• Like 1

7.62x39.  The easy way to tell, is to look at the curvature of the magazine.  The AK-47's 7.62x39 mm has the most curvature, the AK-74's (5.45x39 mm) has less. Also, but not always the case, the 47's have an angled gas block, while a straight one normally signifies an AK-74. Of course, this doesn't necessarily apply to AK derivatives such as the Galil, the Valmet, the Norinco rifles (etc.).

AK-74: 

AK-74.jpg

17 hours ago, Nightshade/PR said:

And trying to fit one of these into your waistband could be a small problem,,,,

Is this a Dragunov Sniper Rifle. ???

I think I got one of these in Delta Force Extreme. !

Not particularly very good on range if I remember correctly. !!!

15 hours ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

Not particularly very good on range if I remember correctly. !!!

From what I've read (and seen on Youtube firearm-specific channels), The SVD was not specifically designed to be a sniper rifle (although they later referred to it as one).  Rather, it was meant to be a "support rifle for designated marksmen." Read what you will into that statement.

Now, using quote, "high-grade" ammunition, it was supposed to be capable of 1.04 MOA (maximum) at 100 meters. I would suspect that with proper match ammo, it would yield sub-MOA groups at that range. It's maximum effective range was reported to be 1300 meters.

9 hours ago, Fubar512 said:

From what I've read (and seen on Youtube firearm-specific channels), The SVD was not specifically designed to be a sniper rifle (although they later referred to it as one).  Rather, it was meant to be a "support rifle for designated marksmen." Read what you will into that statement.

Now, using quote, "high-grade" ammunition, it was supposed to be capable of 1.04 MOA (maximum) at 100 meters. I would suspect that with proper match ammo, it would yield sub-MOA groups at that range. It's maximum effective range was reported to be 1300 meters.

I sometimes play DELTA FORCE EXTREME 2  (an old PC game) and in one of the missions called 'Eagles Nest' you can choose a Dragunov Sniper Rifle. I remember thinking during the gameplay - 'this rifle has got lousy range' and if it were real life I would not elect to use this particular item because of that reason.  It looks suspiciously like a heavily modified AK-47 which in itself is just a popular and well known mass- produced, Soviet made assault rifle. Although it  looks like a sniper rifle it probably is just a support rifle. !!!!

13 hours ago, RUSTYMORLEY said:

It looks suspiciously like a heavily modified AK-47 which in itself is just a popular and well known mass- produced, Soviet made assault rifle. Although it  looks like a sniper rifle it probably is just a support rifle. !!!!

From Quora: "Although outwardly they look similar they are different rifles. The AK has a long stroke gas system, two locking lugs on the bolt, a simple trigger, is capable of fully automatic fire, and the forearm is attached directly to the barrel. The Dragunov uses a short stroke gas system, a bolt with three locking lugs for greater strength, a semi-automatic only match grade trigger, and a forearm attachment that relieves pressure on the barrel for better accuracy."

It's chambered in the 7.62x54R (rimmed) cartridge, as is the  Mosin-Nagant.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:52 AM, Fubar512 said:

From Quora: "Although outwardly they look similar they are different rifles. The AK has a long stroke gas system, two locking lugs on the bolt, a simple trigger, is capable of fully automatic fire, and the forearm is attached directly to the barrel. The Dragunov uses a short stroke gas system, a bolt with three locking lugs for greater strength, a semi-automatic only match grade trigger, and a forearm attachment that relieves pressure on the barrel for better accuracy."

It's chambered in the 7.62x54R (rimmed) cartridge, as is the  Mosin-Nagant.

Well whatever its heritige is it may not be a Sniper Rifle as such but it looks good. !!!!

Speaking of big hand guns take a look at this.

My latest firearm is a 1911, but one of my favorites is the Mauser G33/40 my grandfather brought back from WWII. It was partly sporterized back in the 1960's but it still shoots great.

DSC_0216.thumb.JPG.fb74cd7b5b2c672eededcaa40a8fec96.JPG

I have found AR pattern rifles uncomfortable to shoot in the past but it may be due to the M4 style collapsible stock. I have never had a chance to shoot one in the fix stock configuration. If a classic stock proves to be the answer then I am looking at getting a BRN-10A for my next firearm.

• Like 1

I've shot the BRN-10. It is a really nice rifle.

The 20" barrel on the classic AR-pattern (mimicking either the M-16, M-16A1, or M-16A2), is a nice shooting rifle, with almost no felt recoil, and amazing accuracy.  From what I've see from Chronograph results, the longer barrel also imparts an additional 100-200 fps to the base 55-grain 5.56 or .223 round, over a 16" M-4 pattern rifle.