SayethWhaaaa

What happens when an ally become a frenemy...?

Just now, Gepard said:

The Kurds should have an own state.

I am with you on that. But Erdogan's the problem, he wants to exterminate the Kurds, no matter what. Can't deal with a genocidal maniac like him.

1 hour ago, Erik said:

He's incapable of seeing allies and foes only people who can do or won't do something for him. No matter which camp those people fit into he'll use them like a tissue and throw them away when he's done. To his detriment he's single dimensional, transactional, and self aggrandizing. The US, it's citizens, and it's laws are beneath him. NATO member countries don't stand a chance. To him our ally's countries are below the dirt he walks on, non-white, anti-christian, shit holes, but he's sure some are very fine nations. (attempt at humor)

For the record most of us are completely embarrassed by his behavior regardless of political alignment.

Me too.  Trump is not a good man.

I right now am helping a Real World municipal campaign and then need to finish off a SF2 mission set that is set in the backdrop of Trump Year Four betraying a bedrock modern post-WWII American ally.  At least unlike the Kurds, the Japanese have a very good air force...

9 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Erik, do you think this is all part of Trump's attempt to gain votes for the next elections? That's the only thing I can come up with. Other than that, this is just pure suicide, militarily and diplomatically.

We'll never get the truth, only lies. He hears all kinds of things from people in his party, advisers, etc and he picks one he thinks will give him the best outcome to make himself look good. You can hear it in everything he says ... I did this ... I did that ... I'm the only one who can fix it (the shit he broke to begin with) .. I'm the chosen one. It's all about him not what's best for America, our troops, or heaven forbid the tax payers who pay the damned bill.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gepard said:

The correct way, i think, would be to throw away the Sykes-Picot "bullsh..t". The Kurds should have an own state. Such a state should be formed by negotiations with Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran. On short term the rulers of these nations lose some land, but on long term they get a stable situation, which is neccessary to get peace and prosperity.

I don't think that will work. A lot thought the same of Israel and Palestine but that hasn't worked out well at all.

13 hours ago, Erik said:

I don't think that will work. A lot thought the same of Israel and Palestine but that hasn't worked out well at all.

https://www.prageru.com/video/why-isnt-there-a-palestinian-state/ (enough said)

Read (the Hebrew version of) this https://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/40635 about the situation in Syria, interesting point of view... I don't think anyone fully anticipated an agreement between Erdogan & Putin, but it's probably part of the Chess game played in the global arena