SF2 CF-100 MK-4A NORAD

This package represents the CF-100 MK-4A version as used by the RCAF in Canada. The squadrons/skins were based in Canada so this pack isn't a good fit for a typical install and should only be used in a North American focused install.

The date range is a bit of a guess but considering the start up dates for some of the squadrons, the weapon trials that were required, as well as aircraft deliveries to operational training units, I think the introduction to front line service was around June, 1954.The higher thrust MK4B was introduced around March,1955, and I'm assuming any front line MK4A's would have been upgraded with the more powerful Orenda 11 engines during heavy maintenance checks so the MK4A gets phased out one year after the introduction of the MK-4B. With the short date range for the MK4A not all the CF-100 Squadrons are represented with this package but they will be when the MK-4B and MK-5 packages are released.

I'm using the NORAD suffix to avoid any confusion with the European versions although the CF-100 MK4 service introduction pre-dates NORAD by about 3 years.

The skin jpeg's are quite large and I've noticed some frame rate issues when flying over Hi Res terrains but no issues over the stock terrains. The model does use distance lods.

CREDITS:

Sundowner: Aircraft model, cockpit model, various ini work, some skin work, research.

1977Frenchie: Skins, decals, hangar and loading screens, research.

Baffmeister: Flight model, some ini work, some research, package compilation and readme.

Wilches: Beta testing and research.

Crusader: Research

The Canberra_2 engine sound and Mk3 ejection seat are included but not sure who made them. There is also a CF-100windsound which I might have made but don't remember for certain.

More information and installation instructions included in the ReadMe.

This package is subject to the CombatAce Modders Licensing Agreement

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To celebrate this beuty, a fix & a gift:

1) The fix for Rocket pod to show it:

In Weapons,  CF-100_RP folder, open CF-100_RP_data.ini

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=CF-100_RP
FullName=CF 100 29 Rocket pod
ModelName=XXRP <----- simply add the lod / model name
Mass=195.050003
Diameter=0.500000
Length=3.270000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000
AttachmentType=UK
SpecificStationCode=CF-100_RP
NationName=Canada
StartYear=1954
EndYear=1970
Availability=3
BaseQuantity=40
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1955
ExportEndYear=1970
ExportAvailability=3
WeaponDataType=2

2) the Gift:

grab loudout.tga image here  CF-100_loadout.7z

and this line to all 3 CF-100.ini you have

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=CF-100 Mk.4A
AircraftShortName=CF-100 Mk4
AircraftDataFile=CF-100_Mk4A_norad_data.ini
CockpitDataFile=CF-100_Mk4_cockpit.ini
HangarScreen=CF-100-4norad_Hangar.jpg
LoadingScreen=CF-100-4norad_Loading.jpg
LoadoutFile=CF-100_Mk4_loadout.ini
UserList=CF-100_Mk4A_UserList.ini
AvionicsDataFilename=CF-100_Mk4_avionics.ini
AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll
LoadoutImage=CF-100_loadout.tga <-------------------------------------------- add this

Enjoy!

@paulopanz

• Like 3

My pleasure! I hope that someone (Wrench, Gepard, Menrva  ...) will make an artic map for all canucks, deuces or voodoos we have....

By my side I have some 106 rumbling on my HD

:rolleyes:

Edited by paulopanz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, paulopanz said:

1) The fix for Rocket pod to show it:

In Weapons,  CF-100_RP folder, open CF-100_RP_data.ini

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=CF-100_RP
FullName=CF 100 29 Rocket pod
ModelName=XXRP <----- simply add the lod / model n

Anyone else having an issue with the rocket pods not showing in game? The strange thing is, the rocket pods are part of the model, named RP_Left and RP_Right so shouldn't need a model name in the data ini and the paint for the rocket pod is done in the skin files, green for NATO/BAF and silver for the NORAD version so the JPEG I included with the MK-4A[NORAD] and MK-5[BAF] shouldn't be required. The RCAF MK-4[NATO] did have the XXRP lod included but that was a mistake and the data ini has been updated so that pod should be deleted and the pod included with MK-4a or MK-5 used.

Having said all that, there were some issues during beta testing when the pods weren't showing up so I am wondering if anyone else is having problems. I've been testing the pod included with the MK-4A and for me it works for the 4B[NATO] and MK-5[BAF] as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paulopanz said:

My pleasure! I hope that someone (Wrench, Gepard, Menrva  ...) will make an artic map for all canucks, deuces or voodoos we have....

Oh well, the revamped Alaska terrain I have released, which baffmeister is using in the screenshots, it seems, is the closest we have at the moment. I had an idea of making a Greenland terrain, but I have more complex terrains in the works. We'll see what the future brings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Oh well, the revamped Alaska terrain I have released, which baffmeister is using in the screenshots, it seems, is the closest we have at the moment. I had an idea of making a Greenland terrain, but I have more complex terrains in the works. We'll see what the future brings.

Would love to see terrain covering Vancouver Island, Metro Vancouver, Washington State and Portland Oregon :-).  PLEASE!

Would cover a RCAF base for forward deployed fighters & Aurora patrol planes (Comox), F-15s and formerly F-16s & F-4s out of Portland, McChord AFB C-17s and history going back to Century Series, EA-18Gs + EA-6Bs + A-6s + A-3s + WWII of NAS Whidbey History.  Also some good bombin' in Central Whid-beeeeeeyyy of noise whiner agitators.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

..... I have more complex terrains in the works.

Oh yes I remember an Italy - Yugoslavia WIP too ....

The Bering Straits by Major Lee and later Wrench and You upgraded is one of my favorite ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, portions of Canada are in the what-if "Mid-West USA" terrain (CenUS)

• Like 2