This is will be the destroyed model for the terminal. I hope you will like it.

More work need to be done to the texture mapping

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

img00003.JPG

img00004.JPG

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 3

Looks like the terminal has been made of granite, good work!

• Like 1

for a game, looks nice. IRL it would not be so big and scattered, more of a collapsed in on itself and any pieces that fly will be smaller and flatter.

i dont mean to discourage, just observation of how damage buildings look. they actually stay together fairly well, i recall an apartment building in Kosovo that had one side missing like a dollhouse but otherwise was in use (including residents watching SKY News on satellite TV). perhaps if you are able to bring the pieces together back to the main building, to give that part crumpled and burnt look

esp go for burnt, its what actually kills buildings and ships (if you cant cause complete instant structural failure)

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments and feedback gentlemen,:good: and I shall make another one that will look more realistic taken into consideration your comment. :drinks:

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 2

Another test I am not satisfied with it 100% but it's to get your feedback.

3 Term.jpg

3 Term1.jpg

Edited by GKABS

the good: i like how the roof collapses in like a bomb hit and explosion damage to the holed section would do. sped up to near instant ( im guessing slowed down for peer review) and wow

the bad: a long building would have more localized damage, not three sets of holes generating. perhaps segment the building so each part takes a hit?

the ugly (or you want how much level of detail!?!?!?!?!?!): windows and doors would blow out with weapon detonation (weak points in construction). at game scale, it would look like short range confetti i think.  if not the pieces blown out then at least holes on the sides, even rectangular for doors blown out and jagged holes for windows.

but thats just my two cents on it(nit picking more than anything), and its still way better than anything i could do with modelling

• Like 1

the good: i like how the roof collapses in like a bomb hit and explosion damage to the holed section would do. sped up to near instant ( im guessing slowed down for peer review) and wow

Yes, you are correct it is just to show how it is working, but as far as a destroyed model, it will be a secondary thing , as it will be showing only after the hit. So I do not know if the game engine allow animating a destroyed model.

the bad: a long building would have more localized damage, not three sets of holes generating. perhaps segment the building so each part takes a hit?

I totally agree with you and I can do that.  That why I have created three model you can see in the photos as to let the user choose the one he would like to use

the ugly (or you want how much level of detail!?!?!?!?!?!): windows and doors would blow out with weapon detonation (weak points in construction). at game scale, it would look like short range confetti i think.  if not the pieces blown out then at least holes on the sides, even rectangular for doors blown out and jagged holes for windows.

I will do that. Although this will increase the poly size of the model. May be that will affect the screen frame rate.

but thats just my two cents on it(nit picking more than anything), and its still way better than anything i could do with modelling

daddyairplanes I truly appreciate your feedback and comment.:drinks:

Many Thanks

• Like 1

I think GKABS is better CA community transfer than CR7 to Juve ;-)

• Haha 1

Okay, this is another test run with windows shattered this is just to show how it will look I can make it with one hit impact or more like the photos. but the poly counts are around 24,000 if that is okay but with less damage, it gets less of cores.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GKABS said:

So I do not know if the game engine allow animating a destroyed model.

thinking about it i dont think it does even for aircraft. ground objects get even less love (no serial numbered decals for example)

on the new pics, like the roof holes and the close in debris as well as doors blown out. might want to just jaggedly darken the windows on the skin, rather than cut out the holes. that is based on looking at the white/light lines around the building on the second floor, which im guessing would be a part of the structure. color selecting the windows in PS or GIMP then darkening should work quicker than doing every single window individually, and hopefully enough pixels would be different than selected color the make it jagged at the edges. even if not the structure would be preserved but windows "blown" out

devils advocate FOR the side holes, reminds me of some buildings in Urosevic(?) Kosovo that we were told were strafed by A-10s so i guess it depends whose attacking the airport:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

even if animated damage isnt supported...its a good way to animate how you think it happens when hit by ordnance...and a good way to have the debris arranged by animating and then exporting the scattered and burnt remains lol..

• Like 2

Wondering If we could get a airliner 3d model to add to those airports.

would need to make the current airliners ground objects, and different models for each airline. ground objects cant use my tga based skins, and its no garuntee in the airfield data ini that planes park at the gates, or even that the correct type plane park (F-4G from Spangdahlem, now arriving at Gate 23C)

in theory not hard. there is a thread in the SF1 KB about making aircraft models into trucks so they taxi around the airbase, including instructions on setting a path for them like the trucks in a convoy get.

have not seen if this works in SF2 however, plus as said many of the SF2 airliners would need skinned to the model rather than tga. not hard, just apply the tga layers to the jpg skin. but time consuming esp depending on how many different airlines you would want.

btw, not saying i wont do this, just not saying i'll get right on it either

• Like 2