Sign in to follow this  
Jel

Frontline management

Moggy asked me to make a utility that loaded frontlines so that he could test a collection that he has for Dunkirk.

In all forms of EAW the frontlines are stored in the "frntline.dat" file, and this file contains 20 individual ones numbered 0-19.
Only four are used for single missions.

In the default EAW ETO theatre
1940 uses #0
1943 uses #0 (no invasion yet)
1944 uses #8
1945 uses #12

Some time ago we got the 1.28 series of exes to read and use a "frontline.mpf" file, if one is present in the theatre or root folder.
It has the four numbers in it, so the default is:

This opens up several possibilities. I have one which is:
In #19 much of eastern Europe is in allied hands, reflecting the effect of the Russians in 1945.

You can make a static frontline using:
All years use frontline  #10

To do the job I had done something similar when I wrote the FAWManager for Per's Finnish Air War, so I was able to produce just what Moggy needed :smile:

This one is running in my FAW150 folder, and I can load any of Per's original frontline to use in single mission or multiplayer games
q9z1w8ypdyycql0zg.jpg

However, the utility is really adaptable, and is not just limited to frontlines. 

bypo5cni91cmuo9zg.jpg

In my "SPAW2019FinalCut" folder I have the option of using the default version, or two different multiplayer versions without the need for separate theatre folders.

Edited by Jel

This is another variation in my Default ETO folder

azk1ls0nslrt1rozg.jpg

The set-up is always like this wirh a "DateRelated" folder and the "FLSwitcherV3.exe" program in the theatre folder
xqaienr8tccc3x4zg.jpg

"DateRelated" folder contains the folders listed for selection:
nbo8g7yz4tbka3pzg.jpg

In this case the "0000" folder contains a "Frontline.mpf" file with the data

....... and the "0019" folder contains a "Frontline.mpf" file with the data

So selecting one puts a "Frontline.mpf" file in the theatre folder that the exe will use.

I can use it to use/view any one of the 20 frontlines.

If anyone wants a copy please let me know :smile:

• Like 1