I'm trying to understand why the outer wing doesn't fall away when the inner wing is destroyed. Makes for an odd look. Any ideas how to fix this?

img00010.thumb.JPG.9feea44016ac1a9ea63ac4c2b4b22d17.JPG

26 minutes ago, ShrikeHawk said:

I'm trying to understand why the outer wing doesn't fall away when the inner wing is destroyed. Makes for an odd look. Any ideas how to fix this?

What is the 'ParentComponentName' of the outer wing? It should be the right wing (usually called 'RightWing' by default).

11 minutes ago, Blade said:

What is the 'ParentComponentName' of the outer wing? It should be the right wing (usually called 'RightWing' by default).

Here you go, from the data file:

[RightOuterWing]
ParentComponentName=RightWing
ModelNodeName=RightOuterWing
DestroyedNodeName=
ShowFromCockpit=TRUE
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
DamageRating=DESTROYED
MassFraction=0.089
HasAeroCoefficients=TRUE
LiftSurface=TRUE

12 minutes ago, ShrikeHawk said:

Here you go, from the data file:

Thanks.

The data.ini looks correct. Probably a hierarchy issue within the model...? If so, you can try one thing. Add the following line at the end of the [RightWing] section:

DetachNode[001]=RightOuterWing

And, similarly, under [LeftWing]:

DetachNode[001]=LeftOuterWing

These entries will detach the outer wing node when the inner wing is destroyed.

33 minutes ago, Blade said:

The data.ini looks correct. Probably a hierarchy issue within the model...? If so, you can try one thing. Add the following line at the end of the [RightWing] section:

Okay, so far it looks like it's working. For now, my 4-year old is being demanding. ;) I'll keep you updated.

the heirachy is fine,I just didnt to a dam model of wings etc for old hawk...new one will....eventually... :)

Now that things are solved I have to say when I first saw this topic I had a whole different expectation of what I'd see when I opened it. :haha:

• Haha 1