dont know if its me flightengine ini or map related...any guess what im seeing on horizon?...looks like ghostly mountain tops lol

img00021.JPG

• Confused 1

For now, live with it. The terrain uses a 250m heightmap, which is better than the stock 500m. I still have to find the perfect combination of values for the terrain's _data.ini to get rid of this issue. I am not planning to update all the terrain packages shortly.

Edited by Menrva

all my installs are fucked up...flightengine ini seems to have no effect etc....draw distance aint working....everything seems to have gone tits up...weird...

gonna reinstall...and on a spare ssd with win10 basic and the drivers that still work with the effects thingy....no problem can  use 1 ssd for all SF2 installs as its a spare ssd doing FA

so many posts on change this change that for best view I think ive confused myslef lol...and added lines and numbers that arent working ...oh well...models I can do...terrain and envromental and effects etc will leave to others ha ha...grrrrr pooh  ...foood  ty lol

Edited by russouk2004

i think those trees are growing in Cavorite!!

The trees are messed up due to wrong TODs. We really need a TOD editor.

Edited by Menrva

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

The trees are messed up due to wrong TODs. We really need a TOD editor.

I asked for it several times, but Mue is our only hope (aka as Obi Wan Kenobi :biggrin:) and it seems is not an easy task.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stratos said:

I asked for it several times, but Mue is our only hope (aka as Obi Wan Kenobi :biggrin:) and it seems is not an easy task.

It is not easy for sure. Mue even managed to create TODs with buildings of different shapes, using LOD objects converted to act as TODs. I'd like a "simpler" tool which only enables to make TODs as they are in SF2, to open them and to modify them, nothing too fancy like custom building shapes so to speak. It would still require a reverse engineering process of the TOD file format.

Speaking of the TexasASC terrain, it's indeed the most rushed of all my terrain works. Other terrain packages I released are much better and more complete, target areas wise. I am busy with more important projects, and two interesting terrains. The F-22A Raptor project is now my priority. Once that is done and released, I'll be back at (my favourite and exhausting) terrain modding.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

It is not easy for sure. Mue even managed to create TODs with buildings of different shapes, using LOD objects converted to act as TODs. I'd like a "simpler" tool which only enables to make TODs as they are in SF2, to open them and to modify them, nothing too fancy like custom building shapes so to speak. It would still require a reverse engineering process of the TOD file format.

Speaking of the TexasASC terrain, it's indeed the most rushed of all my terrain works. Other terrains packages I released are much better and more complete, target areas wise. I am busy with more important projects, and two interesting terrains. The F-22A Raptor project is now my priority. Once that is done and released, I'll be back at (my favourite and exhausting) terrain modding.

your work is apreciated by me m8  wasnt having a go at you...we do the best with what little we can get out of the game tools.....its a decent terrain m8

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

your work is apreciated by me m8  wasnt having a go at you...we do the best with what little we can get out of the game tools.....its a decent terrain m8

Don't worry mate, I know. I was having a go at myself, I am very critic of my own stuff. The issue with trees could be easily taken care of, by simply removing the wrong TOD file for the associated tile. In the future I will double check all my terrain packages and improve upon them once more.

If people didnt make mistakes when building things ,no matter wether game or real life....mistakes etc produce new inventions and take us forwards....lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stratos said:

Yes he is, and he will deliver hopefully soon

I like the trees ... reminds me of Pandora.

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, russouk2004 said:

ok ty....what the fuck is this now/...lol...

wind storms in spring. when in Ft Bliss (El Paso) in May of 2012, walked three blocks  through a dust storm to get dinner. watched a SQUARE pallet rolling like a wheel down the street next to me.  called for a ride back.

them trees wouldnt have phased me at all during those few weeks:lol:

• Haha 1

@russouk2004 Mate, it just occurred to me that the bugs you mentioned about my TexasASC terrain were actually solved already. I usually update my packages, and most likely you're using an older version of the terrain. Anyway, just wait for next week, I'll re-upload sligthly updated versions of all my terrain packages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Menrva said:

@russouk2004 Mate, it just occurred to me that the bugs you mentioned about my TexasASC terrain were actually solved already. I usually update my packages, and most likely you're using an older version of the terrain. Anyway, just wait for next week, I'll re-upload sligthly updated versions of all my terrain packages.

thank you!