This is created by Devin Horner many thank for all his videos you can see more videos at his YouTube channel

An in-depth look at avionics from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, including brief looks at Soviet and British Radars. I thought this might be helpful to people to have this information in one place. Early cold war radars were different enough from modern sets that even if we're familiar with modern equipment, the old sets, may be telling us information that we don't even realize. Even I've learned things recently that I had never bothered to look up, so I've simply tried to make a video that would have helped me out at the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This YouTube series remind to those done by SelenicMartian at Let's play archives: https://lparchive.org/Strike-Fighters-2/

SelenicMartian went both to highlight games behavior, mechanics, limitations and bugs as well as history and details of the stock SF2 titles war theaters and planes. 

• Like 3

That makes everything as clear as day for this thick old Rockape. Thanks for posting this !! :drinks:

I agree, this was actually an informative video so thanks!

I really like his videos. What I don't like is, that he provides a link to a download site where you can download illegal copies of all SF2 games. :sad:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mue said:

I really like his videos. What I don't like is, that he provides a link to a download site where you can download illegal copies of all SF2 games. :sad:

maybe someone should send link to TK

sent link...maybe this guy should be banned...as hes been downloading our mods.....I know they are freeware but piracy is making the game lesser...if those games downloaded free were paid for we might have update sooner.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

He does ?  I see no link for this ????

ahhh not looked at any of those, however I think that maybe he should be given the chance to explain himself ? just a thought, everyone has the right to explain before being castigated , I for one would like to hear his side of the story. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mue said:

Sorry gentlemen I didn't know about that.  That is totally unacceptable.

1 hour ago, trotski00 said:

ahhh not looked at any of those, however I think that maybe he should be given the chance to explain himself ? just a thought, everyone has the right to explain before being castigated , I for one would like to hear his side of the story. 

I agree with you, that is fair.

so, at this point, how should we handle THIS thread? since the video creator seems to be advocating piracy ... which is our #1 site no-no..

close this? allow the thief to explain himself? :dntknw:

We can give him the chance to remove the link to the piracy sources then replace them with links to the TW store, how should have been done the first place. He sounds to be mature enough in the videos, so should be no reason to advocate unethical behavior..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, logan4 said:

We can give him the chance to remove the link to the piracy sources then replace them with links to the TW store, how should have been done the first place. He sounds to be mature enough in the videos, so should be no reason to advocate unethical behavior..

I agree with you

It seems as he started his SF2 video series the Thirdwire store were down.

From the description of his first SF2:Vietnam video:

In these videos I am using the base Strike Fighters 2 game with the Vietnam and Europe addons. Thirdwire.com seems to no longer be selling their older games, as their store had been down forever. However, the game and all its DLC can be found free at several sites, including this one at [link to illegal copies] I have used this one with no trouble, but just be aware that downloading files from 3rd party site can be potentially dangerous and you do so at your own risk.

I think at this time he thought the SF2 games were abondoned. But later as the Thirdwire store were up again, although he now mentions that you can purchase the games from the store, he still provides the link to the illegal copies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, logan4 said:

Totally agree with this.

4 hours ago, Wrench said:

so, at this point, how should we handle THIS thread? since the video creator seems to be advocating piracy ... which is our #1 site no-no..

close this? allow the thief to explain himself? :dntknw:

As for this, investigate fully and get the whole story, before admin takes any action to ban or not, it would be wrong to go off half cocked, even if the evidence seems to advocate executive action, due process is the only fair way of dealing with this, thats my opinion anyhow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree; let's give him a chance. the video is excellent, and a huge help to beginners (ok, and old timers too).

Best thing for him to do, is edit his YT post, and remove the offending link.

• Like 2

Seems fair to me, I only just have seen the offending links, as I hadn't watched any of the other vids , What is interesting to see on those links is a reference to rising sun, never heard of that one. Anyone know about that content ? just out of interest.

Rising Sun is a YAP product.

• Like 2

ahhhhh ok thank you for the info, not looked at any YAP stuff.

He removed the link.
His answer to my comment to his latest SF2:Vietnam Ep 43 video:

@fsmue I took care of it. My preference has always been to send people directly to Thirdwire but when I wrote that boiler-plate description it seemed at the time that the store was permanently down and the game was dead. I should have changed it back earlier, but it's fixed now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well that is good news, and kudos to him for doing this without any drama, I had a feeling this is the way it would pan out.

Happy to hear that:smile:

On 5.11.2019 at 12:32 PM, derpface said:

This YouTube series remind to those done by SelenicMartian at Let's play archives: https://lparchive.org/Strike-Fighters-2/

SelenicMartian went both to highlight games behavior, mechanics, limitations and bugs as well as history and details of the stock SF2 titles war theaters and planes. 

This guy is hilarious. Quite entertaining. I already had a laugh when he described the fighter generations :lol:

Fighter generations (sometimes applied to attack planes as well) are just marketing bullshit, like game scores in the press. The generation boundaries are not clearly defined, but the general idea is something like this:
I. Take a very surprised WW2 airframe and shove a barely functional jet engine into it. Give it enough fuel to stay in the air for an hour, tops. You might want to give the pilot an ejection seat, but safety is optional. If you think you're badass, sweep the wing backwards.
II. Add an afterburner to burn the fuel quicker, and give the plane enough power to go faster than the speed of rock 'n' roll. Provide hydraulic boost to the controls, so that a human pilot actually has a chance of pulling out of a supersonic dive. Install a radar, which gets startled by seeing the Earth. The guided air-to-air missile is king, we shall never need the guns again.
III. Holy crap, put at least one gun back in! The missiles can't hit shit! But good news - ground targets can't dodge, so our TV repairman made these guided bombs and missiles to use against them. Now we can finally wreck the goddamn evil comm building with one hit, as opposed to carpet bombing the fuck out of the next door chicken house. Ah, and we've also figured out how to calculate the impact point for unguided bombs, so the pilots no longer need to bomb tents going by their gut feeling while dodging intense ground fire.
IV. Machines don't make mistakes, right? Let's put a computer between the pilot and the control surfaces to filter stupidity. Let's also design airplanes in such a manner, that no human can actually fly them without computer aid. If only there were a way to get rid of humans...

• Haha 6

The last bit becoming a reality makes you wonder what awaits for the future of aviation.