Running into a little snag.... on the ground, Airbrakes are deployed being par of the landing gear doors...... once in the Air and they close with the landing gears, if I try to deploy them  they don't move .

[LeftAirbrake]
SystemType=AIRBRAKE
DeployTime=3.0
RetractTime=1.5
ModelNodeName=airbrake_L
AnimationID=7
DragArea=1.5

[RightAirbrake]
SystemType=AIRBRAKE
DeployTime=3.0
RetractTime=1.5
ModelNodeName=airbrake_R
AnimationID=7
DragArea=1.5

np.jpg

img00010.JPG

Not sure how you have it now. There should be 2 mesh/pivot to have it work properly.
The way I would make is have the actual pivot of the mesh being used with the gear animation and an extra mesh as Airbreak

In hierarchic way the following

Fuselage 
          AirbreakL/R        <---- can be a simple flat 1*1cm single poly item. This is used for the Airbreak animation, AnimationID=7
                 MainGeardoorFrontL/R    <---- actual door mesh as part the gear animation, AnimationID=1 or the proper one you have for gears.

Might have to set up a gear down limitation, but that is just a guess.

• Like 1

like logan said....make a small invisible cube..put this by pivot for the a\b...link airbrake to that and animate as airbrake...

then another cube, put this one same place as 1st cube ..animate this one to match gear animation time and position etc....link 1st cube to this one...and should be good to go

I would then after this is done...reduce cube to 1 poly assign texture set at 0   opacity...should work.....I do this when flaps are used as flaperons in conjunction with ailerons ...works fine.

still must be doing something wrong

np.jpg

Add these to the air brake entries:

MaxDeflection=50.0    <---- supplementing with the value you used in the animation
MinDeflection=0.0