Hello,

I am thinking of making red flashing lights for building rooftop, so I was thinking if I can use CanFlash=TRUE function for ground objects?

hmmmn  not sure,unless you call it

CanFlash=TRUE

Islandinglight=TRUE

Edited by russouk2004

unfortunately, that doesn't work for ground objects, only planes. I'm not exactly sure how you can get a GO with a strobe, unless there's something that can be done with self-illumination (like your recent airfield objects). I know you can get them to rotate, as Stary did that with lighthouses

Only AircraftObject.DLL has the parameter CanFlash=. The other DLLs (NavalObject, GroundObject and GroundMobileObject) do not.

years ago we had some ideas with Killerbee when working on flight line objects pack...He uploaded pack, around 4 years ago, however, I do not remember what other things were in that pack...Definitely he put floodlights back then..and we discussed some strobes..but not sure if it was finalized. (can not check at the moment...so ..just giving ideas where to look at..)

so check that pack...maybe something is there.

Thanks for your help, as always this community never failed me. :drinks:

Florian did some aproach Lights for his Pferdsfeld & Büchel airfields.

Included in Rends GermanyCE Rework.

1 hour ago, Soulfreak said:

Florian did some aproach Lights for his Pferdsfeld & Büchel airfields.

Included in Rends GermanyCE Rework.

Thanks Soulfreak :good:I will download the files as soon as I get home from work and see the approach Lights.

There's some runway mods by Piecemeal that populate airbases with many objects; AFAIK all lights, coloured ones as well, were all added to the .ini of each corresponding runway, so it was one hell of a job. Since objects do not move, with correct coordinates one could add lights on top of buildings etc. Those lights are of the same nature of the game's runway ones, so to speak.

However, for buildings that are not part of an airbase, this method clearly cannot be applied. I think Stary's lighthouse 3d model is a better example for your needs.

Edited by Menrva

That is why I am asking these questions, I was thinking of making runway and taxiway lights that have Flashing lights and signs that have self-illuminated parts that you can add easily to any terrain maps

Annotation 2019-11-20 123531.png

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

(wrench thinks to himself out loud)

wonder if we can get a self-illuminated "CombatAce Billboard"???  :lol:

• Haha 4