I know, exceedingly odd, coming from me, right?

Anyway, what I need is if someone has a LARGER image of the Aeronavale fin flash and squadron badge in the image below. So I can make a decal out of them for the SBDs of  Flotille 3. I've blown them up in PS, but the quality is very poor....

Also, does anyone remember if we have a pierced steel plank (Marston matting) airfield?? Something equlivant to the stock Runway 2 and/or 3?? (the smallest small one, and the smallest medium runway)

TIA!

(ps: I don't suppose any of our MAX Gurus would be interestered in building a new SBD? And maybe finishing Zur's F6F-3, and also making it a -5?? I have the MAX files for the Hellcat. Ya know, just thorwing it out there....<grin>)

BD4891B.jpg

here you go...made the flash for you...

french.png

Image8.png

Edited by russouk2004

I don't recall seeing any for SF2, but I do remember these from a LONG time ago...

definately will check that out!!

thanks Russ, that should work!!

https://maquettes-missiles.blogspot.com/2011/03/le-breguet-br-1050-alize.html

and i think this is the correct squadron emblem for the SBD's there on arrowmanche

http://www.netmarine.net/aero/unites/4f/index.htm

if you need more, don't hesitate to say, my french is horriblé but i can make do for some google fu

Edited by General PB

Can't be worse than my French -- which is a close to zero as can be without actually being zero!!! :lol:

downloaded the runway mod above, but it's borked. "unexpected end of archive". So, via hex editing and renaming, I'm building "my own" version of a PSP runway from Runway3. I"ll post images when I've got some (still redoing the airfield's skins)

• Like 2

Wrench, if you can wait for a while until after the Thanksgiving Holiday I'm sure I could build you what you need if you're interested.  I'm already working on an improved dirt airstrip (still work in progress) as a special request so wouldn't be that much trouble.

image.png.434e05297ea6996e4d4e98e6ef086518.png

• Like 4

a dirt airstrip would be nice too!! I can certainly wait!!  Thanks Steve! :smile:

Sounds good.  When you get a chance, please send me some reference images via PM and let me know if there is a specific style/reference photo you're going after - I'll take it from there!     

Just now, swambast said:

Wrench, if you can wait for a while until after the Thanksgiving Holiday I'm sure I could build you what you need if you're interested.  I'm already working on an improved dirt airstrip (still work in progress) as a special request so wouldn't be that much trouble.

image.png.434e05297ea6996e4d4e98e6ef086518.png

Looks good but too wide. Those airstrip were in great part ex-japanese. Very rudimentary and badly mantained. YAP has some very good japanese air bases on their Pacific series. But as a YAP, a payware and "God" only knows where it from.

Wilches, that dirt air strip is not designed for this terrain - it's for another project.  But the info you shared here is good to know, for when I create the dirt air strip for what you guys need here.  Same request, please send me some reference pics if you'd like, thanks.

I'll what, if anything, I can find.

Please Wrench, do it please. I'll be without my PC for a few days. Just on my mobile.

• Like 1

Thank you Nightshade, appreciate that consideration but I always prefer to scratch build.  I'm still waiting for some reference info, but thought I'd mock something up so the team can react to before I return next week.  Here was an initial pass - of course eventually I would still need to adjust speculars/lighting and optimize the bump maps but you get a general idea of the initial form, colors, etc.  It is a single strip about 90m wide and ~1345m long so need guidance on those dimensions and welcome any other changes needed.

image.thumb.png.5c370f494ef7c3af42321375b3dd5ad2.png

image.thumb.png.d9b8851872fb6d8c66e08274a0332ced.png

• Like 3

Quick update - saw often times there would be deep skid marks along these, so made a shot at that and updated panel connectors...

image.thumb.png.8c8ad1e1abee984e2f54bffe1dc4c711.png

image.thumb.png.3a4474651cdeeefa266ecee4184e35a5.png

• Like 3

here's runway 3 retextured (ie: hex edited and created a 'new' runway3a), with psp matting. Also a bunch of new objects for the airfield bits

runway3a-psp-1.JPG

runway3a-psp-2.JPG

• Like 2

Ok, great job Wrench and sounds like you got what you needed then!  I'm going to stop my PSP runway work then as I have plenty of other things on the "to do" list - best of luck to you on this project!

thanks, brother! I TRULY appriciate the offers of help!!! 

It's not possible to use Stary Green hell tileset?