Sign in to follow this  
Soulfreak

AV-8B Plus Harrier II (Marina Militare)

AV-8B Plus Harrier II (Marina Militare)

AV-8B Plus Harrier Marina Militare

This is the AV-8B Plus Harrier in service with the Italian navy. 

Basic modding skills are required to run this mod.  (copy/paste, mod folder structure etc.) A fake pilot is needed to run this mod. 

It is designed for and works only in SF2 series.

Skin is in 4096x4096 format. So you can easily resize down.  If you have problems running this in game. Resize skins to lower resolutions

All serials are correct for the Italian version of Harrier II. 

Animations:

1= canopy open - close

4= refueling probe - beware of a speed limit

3= night vision mode - not really helping but it is there - inside and outside animation.

************************************************************************************

You can exlplore ini files for some additional features like in cockpit "FLIR" feed on HUD .

AAQ-28 can be loaded only on station number 5 and centerline

AIM-120 can be loaded only on stations 2 and 6.

ECM also activates RWR on digital display indicator - even if ECM pod is not loaded.

If you have yakarov79´s AV-8B Harrier already  - some files are same so simply overwrite. 

for proper sound work you should add these lines into soundlist.ini

SoundFileXXX=USMComm_1
SoundFileXXX=Equalizer

[Equalizer]
Priority=NORMAL
Looped=TRUE
NumBuffers=2
3DSound=TRUE
DopplerEffect=FALSE
MaxDist=1000.000000
MinDist=100.000000
InsideConeAngle=360
OutsideConeAngle=360
ConeOutsideVolume=100

SoundFileXXX=USMComm_1
[USMComm_1]
Priority=NORMAL
3DSound=FALSE
NumBuffers=1
Looped=TRUE
FrequencyControl=FALSE

************************************************************************************

Credits.

Me - Skin, Decals & ini dance

yakarov79 - whole sort of strange things - model-re-model, new cockpit, templates, ini files etc.

Ravenclaw - BRU-42 ITER models. ALQ-164 model, weapons.

AAQ-28 Pod- I don't remember who made this model - all credits to him and thank you.

331Killerbee - ideas, good words, work on ini files, loadouts, effects etc.

Crusaders - who helped yakarov79 with avionics ini.

Sounds taken from sources offering free sound samples.

bobrock- the original first version of the standard model

Schapen, Nov. 24th 2019

Carlo "Soulfreak" Vecchi

THIS MODE IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

• Like 3

A "small" edit to work with Garibaldi CV and Italian Navy task forces.

Edit the AV-8B data.ini like this:

[MissionData]
NationName=ItalianNavy
ServiceStartYear=1993
ServiceEndYear=2030
AircraftRole=ATTACK
AircraftCapability=DAY_ONLY
Availability=VERY_COMMON
Exported=FALSE
PrimaryRoles=CAS,STRIKE,SEAD,ARMED_RECON,
SecondaryRoles=FAC,ANTI_SHIP,
NormalMissionRadius=370
MaxMissionRadius=670
Ceiling=27209
MinBaseSize=SMALL <---------------------------------------------------
CarrierBased=TRUE
CarrierParkSpan=2.0
CarrierParkAnimationID=2

Now with great Angelp's ships you will have italian task forces in Libia terrain when using this plane.

:ok:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't get this to work. I put the aircraft in the aircraft folder and the fake pilot in the pilot folder, in the users mod location like you are supposed to. I tried this separately in both Strike Fighters2 and Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic. And I tried on two separate computers. But when I get in the cockpit , my view is of the back of another pilot!!! In the outside view, there are two pilots in the cockpit, one sat on the other's knee. I'm the one at the back. It's all a bit gay.

I'd like this to work because I have quite a few items of Marina Militare clothing with the AV8B patches all over; Wolves of the Sea and all that, so what am I doing wrong?

24 minutes ago, alexis99 said:

I couldn't get this to work.

do you have Pilot_USMC in your 'Pilots' folder?

Yes, I do.

I had to do some lateral thinking. So I went into the data folder and found that two pilots were listed. I removed the second one from the list. It worked. The second pilot was attached to some kind of carrier parking system, much of which had been stricken out.

So now the gay pilot has gone, it's working. And since it's a fine cockpit, I'll spend some time on customizing it to my screen size and preferences. The graphics are really excellent, and unlike the SF1 Harrier plus, the nozzle gauge syncs perfectly with my controller, so I can actually get 110 braking.

Meanwhile, I fired up the EF2000, and at some time in the mission I dropped the centre tank. Imagine my surprise when I checked the outside view and could see a set of stowaway legs sticking down from where the tank had been.

Once again, there was a second pilot I had to strike out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alexis99 said:

data folder

do not know what it is...

I removed the second one from the list.

So which pilot is now in the cockpit?

The second pilot was ...

There is only one pilot set in data ini.

I have spent countless hours in Harriers from day one...and never had any pilot issue. 

edit:

My guess is your fake pilot mod folder is not correctly installed or something is missing related to fake pilot mod.

Edited by yakarov79

Data folder is AV-8B-Plus_DATA. I was using shorthand. My apologies if I confused you.

The pilot that is in the cockpit is SystemName[001]=Pilot-seat.

[Pilot-seat]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=Pilot_USMC

etc

The pilot that is not in the cockpit any more is SystemName[015]=pilot.

[pilot]
PilotModelName=
ParentComponentName=Nose
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
SystemType=GUNNER_STATION
TargetType=AIR_AND_GROUND
SeatID=4
GunnerID=2
PitchModelNodeName=headpitch
YawModelNodeName=head
GunRange=6500
PitchAngleRate=90
MaxPitch=20
MinPitch=-10
DefaultPitchAngle=-5.0
YawLimited=TRUE
YawAngleRate=80
MaxYaw=70
MinYaw=-70
DefaultYawAngle=0

He's gone.

I also removed this stuff:

****Manual parking animation****

/[Parking]
/SystemType=ANIMATION
/InputName=ANIMATION_2
/DeploymentMethod=MANUAL
/AnimationTime=0.5
/AnimationID=2

**** Automatic on board/flightline animation ****

[Parking]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=FakePilot
SeatID=
Position=-0.0,4.0,0.83
CanopyNodeName=
CanopyAnimationID=2

I removed it because it was another pilot entry and I figured it best to just have one pilot.

My fake pilot mod folder is just fine. It's only got three entries, and it's in users\ etc etc \StrikeFighters2 North Atlantic\Pilots

Anyway, the point is that I removed the second pilot from the aircraft by deleting the word "pilot" from SystemName[015]=pilot.

The EF-2000_RAF was an interesting one. I am only flying the RAF version, I dropped the others to save space.

In the crew section of the EF-2000_RAF_DATA it had

[Pilot]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=EF2000Pilot2

etc

and also

[Pirate_RAF]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=fakepilot

etc

Under these conditions, I had a second pilot's legs hanging underneath the fuselage, which the centre tank covered when installed.

By removing the [Pirate_RAF] entry in the above mentioned DATA file, I got rid of the hanging legs.

So all is well.

I have spent countless hours in the SF1 series, usually flying Intruders in Vietnam. I have also flown the Harrier and EF2000. I have never seen double pilot's before. Although in the EF-2000, you had to make sure the Typhoon pilot files were in the right place, otherwise his legs were hanging outside, below the pilot seat (i.e the default pilot sat too low).

I have only just got SF2 and I am being careful to ask on here if I feel I have done something wrong, because it is a little different to SF1. However, there is a lot of similarity, so my experience has allowed me to fix most issues. The only one going unanswered is the issue of the black tanks that are permanently on the A-6E_TRAM. I fixed that by not flying the A-6E_TRAM

31 minutes ago, alexis99 said:

The pilot that is not in the cockpit any more is SystemName[015]=pilot.

[pilot]
PilotModelName=
ParentComponentName=Nose
DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE
SystemType=GUNNER_STATION
TargetType=AIR_AND_GROUND
SeatID=4
GunnerID=2
PitchModelNodeName=headpitch
YawModelNodeName=head
GunRange=6500
PitchAngleRate=90
MaxPitch=20
MinPitch=-10
DefaultPitchAngle=-5.0
YawLimited=TRUE
YawAngleRate=80
MaxYaw=70
MinYaw=-70
DefaultYawAngle=0

this is not a pilot this is an animation of the pilot head. As the pilot is part of the 3d model - that allows you to make custom pilot skin for different squadrons even custom faces and helmets for particular aircraft. And those lines must stay in data.ini  - or you will not have head movements in the external model.

34 minutes ago, alexis99 said:

I also removed this stuff:

****Manual parking animation****

/[Parking]
/SystemType=ANIMATION
/InputName=ANIMATION_2
/DeploymentMethod=MANUAL
/AnimationTime=0.5
/AnimationID=2

as those lines use prefix '/' - those lines are out of ini business - not working. 

35 minutes ago, alexis99 said:

[Parking]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=FakePilot
SeatID=
Position=-0.0,4.0,0.83
CanopyNodeName=
CanopyAnimationID=2

These are the only lines that refer to fake pilot mod.  It is used to have custom animation when aircraft are parked on the flight line.  And if you do not have a fake pilot installed correctly in your pilot folder You will have another 'default' pilot somewhere in 3d model.

And this is a similar issue. Indicating that your fake pilot mod is not installed correctly. 

The fake pilot mod is used to attach 3d parts to the existing 3d model.  So if you remove ini lines you are disabling mod from working. 

your pathway is incorrect:

My fake pilot mod folder is just fine. It's only got three entries, and it's in users\ etc etc \StrikeFighters2 North Atlantic\Pilots

should be:

Users\etc etc\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic\OBJECTS\Pilots

all pilot folder, just like weapons, decals, Aircraft, and GroundObjects, are SUB FODLERS of the /Objects folder.

unlike some folks around here, at least you know you're doing!! we'll get you sorted!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

should be:

Users\etc etc\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic\OBJECTS\Pilots

So focused on one, that I did not notice the obvious. Thanks.

20 hours ago, alexis99 said:

My fake pilot mod folder is just fine

Correct your fake pilot folder and all will be ok, return to original data.ini. 

Okay, great, well-spotted. Thank you.

In SF2 Pilot folder goes in Objects folder. Right. I'll fix that.

The only things I have in Objects folder are Aircraft, Ground Objects, Weapons, Guns. Now I add Pilots. Does anything else go in there?

Thusly .....

objects_folders.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Hawker Harrier Mk.51 - Fuerza Aérea del Perú
      Hawker Harrier Mk.51 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire Harrier GR.1 to give a fictional Harrier Mk.51 as it might have appeared when in service with the Fuerza Aérea del Perú. Fictional markings are included for Escuadrón Aéreo 112 and Escuadrón Aéreo 113. 
      You will need to have SF2:E for the Harrier LOD's which are not included. For the record, this mod uses a little bit (more) artistic licence from me in so much that Fuerza Aérea del Perú aircraft normally only have a roundel on the port upper wing but I've applied it to both wings upper and lower.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 20th, 2023
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 10/03/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Hawker Harrier Mk.51 for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire Harrier GR.1 to give a fictional Harrier Mk.51 as it might have appeared when in service with the Fuerza Aérea del Perú. Fictional markings are included for Escuadrón Aéreo 112 and Escuadrón Aéreo 113. 
      You will need to have SF2:E for the Harrier LOD's which are not included. For the record, this mod uses a little bit (more) artistic licence from me in so much that Fuerza Aérea del Perú aircraft normally only have a roundel on the port upper wing but I've applied it to both wings upper and lower.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the Harrier51 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 20th, 2023
    • By Menrva

View File Italy, Southern Europe (1993-2006)
      Italy, Southern Europe (1993-2006) Terrain
      September 13th, 2022 (1st Release)
      by Menrva and tiopilotos

>For Strike Fighters 2, Recommended Full-5 Merged
      I am very proud to release a long awaited, brand new terrain made from scratch! The result of many years of dedication and sweat starting in 2017, it features thousands of manually placed tiles reproducing Real World river courses and lakes, not to mention tons of cities all accurately placed in their correct locations. This terrain portrays a pretty complex area, no wonder it never got made properly in two decades of Strike Fighters modding. It is my hope you realize the amount of time and hard effort that I have put to reproduce it with much care and detail.
      The terrain completely covers Italy (with the exception of Sicily, which is included in my Libya terrain), Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Corsica (France), Liechtenstein and nice portions of Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Macedonia, Greece and even a bit of Romania. The tileset, based on one of Stary's GermanyCE tilesets, has been recoloured and expanded with needed transition tiles and features beautiful, unique tiles by tiopilotos which reproduce real islands. Expect long and very accurate river courses, all major and some minor lakes, and tons of islands in the Adriatic Sea. Numerous target areas have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range; those include more than 140 airports, more than 100 SAM sites and more than 70 EW-GCI sites, all placed accurately in their correct locations as shown by well-made SAM site datasets for Google Earth.
      This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.
      The terrain spans from April 12, 1993 (the beginning of Operation Deny Flight) to June 2, 2006 (the day before Montenegro declared its independence). This terrain is adapt for the Yugoslav Wars and for what-if scenarios pitting Serbia against NATO. For gameplay purposes, Bosnia is set to Red Side alongside Serbia and Montenegro. Slovenia, Croatia and Macedonia are set to Blue Side. Airfields in Austria, Switzerland and Romania have been set to Neutral, so the AI and the player will never spawn on those by default.
      Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible. Having SF2NA is a must, as I have enabled naval ops; if your mod folder contains American, French and Italian aircraft carriers, sometimes you'll see fleets being generated in single missions.
      NOTE: The terrain is not fully finished. It currently misses targets for cities, such as bridges, warehouses, factories etc. If time will allow, maybe someday it will be completed properly.

>Credits (in no particular order):
      -tiopilotos, for working on very well done island tiles which offer more unique sights in the Adriatic Sea.
      -swambast, who provided me with invaluable help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs.
      -gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
      -mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
      -JSF_Aggie, for his Hi-Res Runway Textures package which I have included and slightly reworked.
      -Coupi, for his Soviet style repaint of the stock Runway3 airfield.
      -luk1978, for the waternormal bitmap he shared at the SF2 screenshots thread. Your mods are very interesting!
      -Stary, for an old version of his GermanyCE tileset included in the Anatolia v1 terrain by PureBlue.
      -Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
      -krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
      -comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.

>Trivia:
      Some statistics of the amount of work that went into it, gathered thanks to gerwin's TFDtool. I placed manually one by one: more than 8600 rivers tiles, more than 1100 road tiles, more than 2000 city related tiles! This is just the tip of the iceberg, not counting other thousands of tiles that have been placed manually on the tilemap to better reproduce coastlines, islands and lakes, and not counting the endless hours of research since 2017 into adding all possible airports with much accuracy.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; you are NOT allowed to redistribute it without my prior explicit consent.
      Any changes to the terrain package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 09/12/2022 Category Full Terrains  
    • By Menrva

View File Italy, Southern Europe (1963-1991)
      Italy, Southern Europe (1963-1991) Terrain
      by Menrva and tiopilotos

I am very proud to release a long awaited, brand new terrain made from scratch! The result of many years of dedication and sweat starting in 2017, it features thousands of manually placed tiles reproducing Real World river courses and lakes, not to mention tons of cities all accurately placed in their correct locations. This terrain portrays a pretty complex area, no wonder it never got made properly in two decades of Strike Fighters modding. It is my hope you realize the amount of time and hard effort that I have put to reproduce it with much care and detail.
      The terrain completely covers Italy (with the exception of Sicily, which is included in my Libya terrain), Yugoslavia, Albania, Corsica (France), Liechtenstein and nice portions of Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Greece and even a bit of Romania. The tileset, based on one of Stary's GermanyCE tilesets, has been recoloured and expanded with needed transition tiles and features beautiful, unique tiles by tiopilotos which reproduce real islands. Expect long and very accurate river courses, all major and some minor lakes, and tons of islands in the Adriatic Sea. Numerous target areas have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range; those include more than 140 airports, more than 100 SAM sites and more than 70 EW-GCI sites, all placed accurately in their correct locations as shown by well-made SAM site datasets for Google Earth.
      This terrain features a fresh new 250m resolution heightmap (instead of the stock 500m resolution), allowing for greater details and precision in elevation changes; overall it provides the whole terrain with a better look.
      The terrain spans from April 7, 1963 (the day the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was introduced) to June 24, 1991 (the day before Slovenia and Croatia declared independence). This terrain is adapt for Cold War scenarios pitting NATO forces against the combined Red Side forces of Yugoslavia, Albania, Hungary and Romania. Airfields in Austria and Switzerland have been set to Neutral, so the AI and the player will never spawn on those by default.
      Targets reflect Real World events as accurately as possible. Having SF2NA is a must, as I have enabled naval ops; if your mod folder contains American, French and Italian aircraft carriers, sometimes you'll see fleets being generated in single missions.
      NOTE: The terrain is not fully finished. It currently misses targets for cities, such as bridges, warehouses, factories etc. If time will allow, maybe someday it will be completed properly.

-tiopilotos, for working on very well done island tiles which offer more unique sights in the Adriatic Sea.
      -swambast, who provided me with invaluable help in tracking and fixing common and uncommon bugs.
      -gerwin, whose TFDtool has proved to be essential in today's terrain making. If the terrain is pretty accurate to RL it's also because of him. I included his very nice Airfield 7+8 Addon Pack, too.
      -mue, for the improved shaders he made, which I have included and reworked for the terrain, and for the tools he made for SF2 modding.
      -JSF_Aggie, for his Hi-Res Runway Textures package which I have included and slightly reworked.
      -luk1978, for the waternormal bitmap he shared at the SF2 screenshots thread. Your mods are very interesting!
      -Stary, for an old version of his GermanyCE tileset included in the Anatolia v1 terrain by PureBlue.
      -Gepard, for his great tutorials about terrain making, in the SF1 Knowledge Base at CombatACE. It's a gold mine!
      -krfrge, who has produced a tutorial for recreating SF2-like planning maps, which prompted me to work on templates and my own high quality planning maps. Thank you very much!
      -comrpnt, for his Approach and Airfield Lighting Pack mod packages for SF1 series, which I reworked and included.

>Trivia:
      Some statistics of the amount of work that went into it, gathered thanks to gerwin's TFDtool. I placed manually one by one: more than 8600 rivers tiles, more than 1100 road tiles, more than 2000 city related tiles! This is just the tip of the iceberg, not counting other thousands of tiles that have been placed manually on the tilemap to better reproduce coastlines, islands and lakes, and not counting the endless hours of research since 2017 into adding all possible airports with much accuracy.

>Disclaimer:
      This is a freeware; you are NOT allowed to redistribute it without my prior explicit consent.
      Any changes to the terrain package's files and/or any copy-and-paste attempts of their contents are NOT authorized if you plan to release them in other mods. But permission might be granted to those who request it to me at CombatACE.
      This terrain may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
      Submitter Menrva Submitted 09/12/2022 Category Full Terrains  
    • By Menrva
      Italy, Southern Europe (1993-2006) Terrain
      by Menrva and tiopilotos

The terrain completely covers Italy (with the exception of Sicily, which is included in my Libya terrain), Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Corsica (France), Liechtenstein and nice portions of Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Macedonia, Greece and even a bit of Romania. The tileset, based on one of Stary's GermanyCE tilesets, has been recoloured and expanded with needed transition tiles and features beautiful, unique tiles by tiopilotos which reproduce real islands. Expect long and very accurate river courses, all major and some minor lakes, and tons of islands in the Adriatic Sea. Numerous target areas have been added in order to expand playability, targets of opportunity and year range; those include more than 140 airports, more than 100 SAM sites and more than 70 EW-GCI sites, all placed accurately in their correct locations as shown by well-made SAM site datasets for Google Earth.
      The terrain spans from April 12, 1993 (the beginning of Operation Deny Flight) to June 2, 2006 (the day before Montenegro declared its independence). This terrain is adapt for the Yugoslav Wars and for what-if scenarios pitting Serbia against NATO. For gameplay purposes, Bosnia is set to Red Side alongside Serbia and Montenegro. Slovenia, Croatia and Macedonia are set to Blue Side. Airfields in Austria, Switzerland and Romania have been set to Neutral, so the AI and the player will never spawn on those by default.

>Trivia:

>Disclaimer:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..