Hi all, is it possible to create a 3AR pylon for 3 AHM missiles as I would like to create a what if Viper as has been proposed for India ?

F16 India.png

You can use the TER rack to achieve the same thing, like so:
img00190.thumb.jpg.ee6643190ef082c7a0396716e6145c85.jpg

All you need to do is make sure you're using the TER in the loadout.ini, eg:

Loadout[05].WeaponType=AIM-120C
Loadout[05].Quantity=3
Loadout[05].RackType=TER     <<<------

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you have to go into the data.ini, scroll down to the weapons stations section and add the rack type to the weapon station itself. It should look something like this:

[LeftInnerStation]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=5
StationGroupID=3
StationType=EXTERNAL
AttachmentPosition= -4.498,-2.65,-0.00
AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-1.0
LoadLimit=1500
AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,IRM,SAHM,BOMB,MER,TER,EGOR,CGR,RP,LGR,FT  <<------ Just need to add MER here. Make sure there are no spaces and all entries are separated by a comma
AttachmentType=Australia,JAPAN,USAF,UK,NZ,Timor,Wakanda
ModelNodeName=LeftInnerStation
PylonMass=86.18
PylonDragArea=0.02
FuelTankName=F15E_WTANK

Let us know how you go. :smile:

Yes, it can be done, In fact , I made a 3AR rack for the F-16 It's a simple 3d mod. It should be ready as soon as I recover my HDD

img00014.thumb.JPG.39ef70812c2a8ad314652d78e885705e.JPGimg00013.thumb.JPG.fd22f30e650484b92adc9413f804a62a.JPGimg00009.thumb.JPG.d1b40ce2ef1d47fc1ed66423456f7d41.JPGimg00012.thumb.JPG.193554fc0a70a4e1cf4fd6821a437b8a.JPGimg00011.thumb.JPG.c8b46326a71f201fe8eb597bb4005ba7.JPGimg00008.thumb.JPG.2142530b81edd7ce2ca4493027f7742a.JPGimg00010.thumb.JPG.c57775476af5fabe177f4fd83d7b1263.JPG

• Like 5

good work!!! Now, we just need a better F-16XL for "The Wingman" to fly!!

• Like 1

The LAU-88 launcher for AGM-65 could be a better stand-in than the TER.

• Like 3

Well try this, not perfect but it will do the work, it's configured as a 2AR ( two active radar  missile rack) so you need to add this type of ordance in your aircraft data.ini file. 

3AR_NATO.7z

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GKABS
      I decided to make a post so I can put all my work in one place I hope you okay with that.
      Okay here is the update of the M978/M977 HEMTT more detail will be added but this is how it looks so far.

• By Righteous26
      I have been testing blue side Hawk batteries in the desert map and have noticed that the location seems to have something to do with whether the missile launchers, radar and supporting AAA guns will show up in a mission. I believe that a large, static site like a SAM battery must be located near a logistics node such as a city or some of the vehicles may not appear in a mission. Further, the computer seems to prioritize inert, static objects such as the ICC, then the radars, then the AAA guns and finally the launchers if the entire system is not present during the mission.
      My Hawk batteries consist of two separate locations in the Desert_targets.ini file and consist of three launchers, one ICWAR, one HIPIR, one ICC and one supporting AAA gun of the computer's choice. The radius of each location is 200 meters, the centers are 100 meters from each other and the batteries are arranged in two half circles that complement each other.
    • By GKABS

View File Crotale SAM system

CROTALE mod by GKABS

1) Historical background

The Development of the Crotale Surface-to-Air Missile system began in 1964.
         The Crotale is a very short range SAM system (Sol-Air à Très Courte Portée or SATCP).
         It was said that South Africa paid 85% (France: 15%) of the first step development 
         costs of this SAM System. The Crotale was named "Cactus" for South Africa.
         Thomson-CSF for the radar and the electronics, and Matra (Engine division) for the 
         R440 missile were the two prime contractors.
         South Africa received the first systems in 1971.
         In 1971 France placed the first order for operational tests: 1 Acquisition Unit and 
         2 Firing Units.
         The Armée de l'Air bought this SAM system in order to protect their airfields.
         The Crotale in this first opérational version (Crotale 1000) was above all engaged 
         for the Egypt-Libya and Angola wars in the 1980s.
         Further developments were launched for several customers among the 15 ones which 
         ordered this system.

2) Installation in your Strike Fighters 2 installation(s)

There are 2 options :
          - The "Sand" version in order to put in any "Desert" type SF2 install,
          - The "Green" version for any "European" type SF2 install.

So you'll find them into 2 separated packs ready to play :)
          If you need any further help please read the Knowledge Base at:

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

3) Credits

- Coupi for suggesting the model, document, creating the data files, and testing.  From the bottom of my heart thanks.
          4) LICENSE:
          You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2.
           For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
          gkabs@gkabs.net
          Software used:
          3d Max 2009
          UVLayout v2 Pro
          Substance Painter
          Adobe Photoshop

If you need any assistance please contact me at 
          gkabs@gkabs.net    
      https://gkabs.net

Submitter GKABS Submitted 04/23/2020 Category Ground Object Mods  
    • By GKABS

CROTALE mod by GKABS

1) Historical background

The Development of the Crotale Surface-to-Air Missile system began in 1964.
         The Crotale is a very short range SAM system (Sol-Air à Très Courte Portée or SATCP).
         It was said that South Africa paid 85% (France: 15%) of the first step development 
         costs of this SAM System. The Crotale was named "Cactus" for South Africa.
         Thomson-CSF for the radar and the electronics, and Matra (Engine division) for the 
         R440 missile were the two prime contractors.
         South Africa received the first systems in 1971.
         In 1971 France placed the first order for operational tests: 1 Acquisition Unit and 
         2 Firing Units.
         The Armée de l'Air bought this SAM system in order to protect their airfields.
         The Crotale in this first opérational version (Crotale 1000) was above all engaged 
         for the Egypt-Libya and Angola wars in the 1980s.
         Further developments were launched for several customers among the 15 ones which 
         ordered this system.

2) Installation in your Strike Fighters 2 installation(s)

There are 2 options :
          - The "Sand" version in order to put in any "Desert" type SF2 install,
          - The "Green" version for any "European" type SF2 install.

So you'll find them into 2 separated packs ready to play :)

https://combatace.com/forums/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

3) Credits

- Coupi for suggesting the model, document, creating the data files, and testing.  From the bottom of my heart thanks.
          4) LICENSE:
          You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2.
           For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
          gkabs@gkabs.net
          Software used:
          3d Max 2009
          UVLayout v2 Pro
          Substance Painter
          Adobe Photoshop

gkabs@gkabs.net    
      https://gkabs.net

• By GKABS

View File Mistral missile manpads

MISTRAL MANPADS  mod by GKABS
          Only for SF2
          1) Historical background
          MISTRAL MANPADS is a very short-range air defense weapon system, firing the MISTRAL, latest generation fire-and-forget missile.
          It features a lightweight man-portable launcher. It can be easily transported and operated from the ground, a vehicle, a building, or a ship. MISTRAL                 MANPADS is normally operated by a gunner and a crew commander. However, if the mission is carried out in a simple tactical environment, it can be operated by one single soldier.
          MISTRAL is a man-portable, fully digital, heat-seeking missile, designed to meet the requirements of all branches of the armed forces. It boasts a 97%                 proven success rate and higher reliability than any other existing low-level air defense missile.
          Type        Manportable surface-to-air missile
                  Place of origin    France
          Specifications
          Length        1.86 m
          Diameter    90 mm
          Crew        2
          Effective firing range    up to 6 km
          Warhead    High Explosive with high density tungsten balls
          Warhead weight    2.95 kg
          Laser proximity or impact triggered
          Engine    Solid Rocket Motor
          Maximum speed    800 m/s, approx. Mach 2.6 (high supersonic)
          Guidance
          system
          Infrared homing
         2) Installation in your Strike Fighters 2 installation
          copy to object folder 
         3) Copy the files to Objects folder and add the falowing to _TYPES.ini file
          [TargetTypeXXX] 
          Name=MANPAD_Mistral
          FullName=MANPAD_Mistral
          TargetType=SAM_LAUNCHER
          UseGroundObject=TRUE
          GroundObjectType=MANPAD_Mistral
          ActiveYear=1989
          TargetValue=100
          RepairRate=0.550
          StartDetectChance=80
          StartIdentifiedChance=20
          IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10
          MaxVisibleDist=5000.0
          DestroyedEffect=SmallRocketGroundExplosion
          DestroyedModel=
          SecondaryEffect=VehicleFireEffect
          SecondaryChance=0

4) Credits

- Thirdwire   
          - yakarov79 for mistral missile model and skin (Thank you, excellent job on the model ;))
          - Coupi for creating the data files, and testing.  From the bottom of my heart thanks.

LICENSE:
          You are allowed to use this model and everything included with it for personal non-profit use for Strike fighters 1 and 2. For use outside of this scope, you need to contact me for permission.
          gkabs@gkabs.net
          Software used:
          3d Max 2009
          UVLayout v2 Pro
          Substance Painter
          Adobe Photoshop
          Fuse
          gkabs@gkabs.net

Submitter GKABS Submitted 04/28/2020 Category Ground Object Mods  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..