1977Frenchie

CT-133 Skin Pack (re-worked) + new

CT-133 Skin Pack (re-worked) + new

View File

SF2 Canadair CL-30 (CT-133) Silver Star Skinpack V2.0

You need the original CT-133 pack as this update contains skins ONLY. This pack can be found here :

https://combatace.com/files/file/16354-sf2-t-33a-canadair-ct-133-silver-star/

*** For SF2, Full-5 Merged (Recommended/Preferred) ***

This package contains re-worked skins I made for the CT_133 aircraft pack for SF2.

Just copy/paste and overwrite when prompted.

Re-worked skins are:

1956 (navy)

1956 (silver/orange)

1960 (camo)

1960 (silver/orange)

1988 (camo)

Snowbirds support aircraft

NEW :

-         Red Knight 1958-1967

-         Red Knight 1967-1969

-         Mako Shark

Special tanks to:

Wrench – Base templates for all the new markings

Myself – Skins update and new one’s

From V1.0 Readme :
All skins are in DDS format. Decal randomization is set to TRUE for all skins. The serial numbers are 100% accurate, as these really flew in the RCAF.

The RCAF skins/markings were a real mess up to the 80’s, so these are the common one’s encountered and how they should have look like. In real life, that was not the case every time as there was mix up between skins…

Special tanks to:

ErikGen – Base aircraft where the T-33A can be found :

http://combatace.com/files/file/13411-sf2-lockheed-f-80crf-80ct-33a-shooting-stars-pak-by-erikgen/

bobrock – F9F-2 pak (where I took engine sound and data to simulate the nene engine as these were also known as the J48 which is the engine of the F9F

http://combatace.com/files/file/13412-sf2-korean-war-era-f9f-2-panther-pak-by-bobrock/

Wrench – Base skin of the T-33A from where I build my template

Baffmeister  - For solving the wingtip fuel tank problem

And to the people who show some interests in the first skin I made!

Happy flights!

Mario C.

img00013.JPG

img00014.JPG

img00011.JPG

img00012.JPG

LODViewer.lnk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your work on these skins.  I'm excited to fly the new planes.  I've never installed just new skins and I'm having trouble getting them to work.  I already had the original CT-133 but I downloaded and installed it in my mod folder to be safe.  Then I copied/pasted the contents of the V2.0 zip file into Objects\Aircraft\CT-133 over writing existing files.  Did I do that right?  When I try to fly a mission and change my airplane, I see Mako Shark and two Red Knights as options but when I choose them, in the game I see, I think the Snowbirds skin without wingtip tanks.  Sorry if this has been asked before.  I tried searching for information on just installing skins but couldn't find anything to help me out.

Thanks, Wizard

all you need do is drop skin folders in main a\c folder...game writes up the texture info whaen game runs (aircrafts folder main  ini )

looks like its fixed tank issues...

Yes, the wing tanks are fine.  I just realized I need to add them on the load out page.  But I think have copied the skin files to the correct location.  I can choose Mako Shark or Red Knights in the mission setup screen but they still appear in the game as the snowbirds skin.

Thanks, Wizard

image.png

the DDS format files crash my game and dont load in lod viewer...what format are they ? dtx3 dtx5 ?  I use Non alpha and no mip maps...as game dont use mips

photoshop wont even open them to convert

a\c dont go past 40% loading crashes everytime...even changed dds to no alpha and no mip maps...F80 works straight out of the zip file no probs

resampled the F80engine wav it was causing the crash now works ok

Edited by russouk2004

Change in the lod files to jpg Format. then convert Skins also in jpg.

That is the best way to solve 

• Like 1

Indeed. The DDS skinned mods are causing all kinds of issues of late. 

dds is good for sims like fsx that use te alpha and mips ...but SF dooesnt use the alpha or mips...

I wish I understood what you folks are talking about.  Is there anything a non-modder like myself can do to get the skins to show up in game?

Thanks,
Wizard

Basically they're saying the DDS format is wrong and they have to convert it to a format that the game will use to get the skins to show up.

I can only get windows paint to open them...dds   DTX1 (no alpha )no mips works... anything else wont show...

open them in paint sve as jpg then save in ps to new dds is all I can suggest

Edited by russouk2004

Yes, but you're all forgetting that you need (read: MUST) hex edit the LOD to now look for the jpg files. Just converting the skins don't work, as the lod can't read them. Another fault in the dds skinned lods. (having just converted the A-26 & F6F from dds and tga, respectively, to jpg. They work much better!)

I got tons of new & reworked Skins Ready for the T-33A, Maybe I´ll do a complete Reduxe pack with jpg textures...

• Like 1

If you're up for it, brother! I say go for it! (don't forget to redo my KAW skins!! <gri>)

I always convert DDS to JPGs. Always. Sometimes it takes a hard work on HEX like on the Buccaneers.

Once again, you guys are awesome.  Thanks for your contributions to the community.  I'll sit tight and hope to fly in Mako Shark someday soon.

Wizard

these two work...I edited files so these two only show

RCAF Mako

RCAF (1955)

CT-133.7z

I redid to DTX1 dds which works...ive done half of the others but need to convert to dds DTX1 also,I ll post em when all done

Edited by russouk2004