Hi everyone does anyone know how to get the Yap to work with strike fighters 2 merged installs SF-2/E/V/I/NA/EX1&2 please send me a pm 

• Like 1

IIRC it was intended for SF Wings over Vietnam. Although the conversion of several items from YAP3 to the SF2 platform is possible, it requires you to know what is to be tweaked and according to the type in regard (say the terrain, effects, weps etc) the lines to be changed or added may vary.

I acquired YAP3 for the carriers and some unique models to YAP mostlyand with some help I've finally used a few and managed to land and takeoff in each L and R with aid of the mission editor. Out of that tool I haven't tried them out nor I know whether it will be possible to perform those task. I shall keep checking it so I can point out some highlights. 

• Like 2

Thanks I’ll try that I tried reading the knowledge base for answers but nothing works I also tried reading other forums for answers but I couldn’t seem to find what’s going on

Edited by DEVIL11

I need anyone with YAP3 to share me their fixes and overviews on turning the YAP3 stuff functional with my SF2 all titles + both exp packs in my merged intall. If any of you have already done something to make it better conditioned to the SF2 environment It would be nice if you came and gave a hint on how to find out what is to be done. 

I am not a sfp1 to SF2 guruu but it is always more feasible to get older models to work with SF2 due to previous plug-ins still appear over SF2, the same can't be said if we were to bring newer models brought to the game with more recent plugins for SF2 to sfp1. 

What I can say is that SF2 brought some new features that will lack on any sfp1 made model as this are exclusive of the latest series. Also YAP3 uses stock WoV objects so you will want to replace those with the already SF2V working stock objects. 

YAP3 was intended for WoV and was developed within the limits of it. If there's anything you should do first is try it on WoV on a preferably Win7 operating system. Why on WoV? Because it is the base of the YAP3 work and any support that should be received is from it being tested on its intended base. Trying outside of it will definitely come with unwanted odds and it will be up to the customer to respond for those outcomes. 

• Like 1

Quite so but as I said early it is feasible to bring YAP3 up to SF2 standards by editing  FMs and else, except for the models, thus obviously remain as they are due to the copyright of the owner and just as with Sf stock objects, you can't distribute them without consent. Some modders have already upgraded some YAP3 models, mostly ships to work along SF2NA. The main problem is the required testing and understanding of making anything SF2 workable which translates into time and the ability of those few who know what to do. 

• Like 1

i dont have any main parts of YAP, but have been reading these forums and talkin to modders for a few years now.

to the best of my understanding, there is no overall fix for the whole product. each individual part needs to be adjusted, and some things just dont translate (air to air refueling being the biggie off the top of my head). the objects of greatest interest can be upgraded per the usual methods. other parts can be substituted from SF2 items (terrains, campaigns single missions)

finally, as with everything, the modders work on what is of interest to them. YAP doesnt have the best reputation amongst some of the older heads around here for various reasons (my personal one being many models and skins for payware are below what i expect from here in house freeware. if im paying for it, it should be better than the free). it does have many things that are not available (ie F-100F) and is an excellent add on for Gen1.  But the interest is not as great to get it all into Gen 2 from the modders (esp the old school ones)

im not so sure that there is as few modders as implied, but those of us actively releasing has dwindled. there are plenty of ways to get into it without even spending too much dough. GIMP will create jpegs and tgas just as well as Photoshop, and with Mues exporter one can use Blender instead of 3ds max 2009 (which is a pain to find a legal copy of). As always it boils down to time and willingness. but we all got started somewhere

• Like 1

Simply put, it more fucking trouble than it's worth, to bring it to SF2 standards. It's 1stGen, and there it remains

• Like 2

Gents, years ago I did a  hybrid install with WOV1 with the same graphic quality as WOV2 by mixing some .DLLs and other files. It worked perfect BUT I loose everything in a crash. 

32 minutes ago, Wilches said:

Gents, years ago I did a  hybrid install with WOV1 with the same graphic quality as WOV2 by mixing some .DLLs and other files. It worked perfect BUT I loose everything in a crash. 

Really that’s great but that sucks that u lost it in a computer crash