MigBuster

Top Gun 2 Trailer 2

Top Gun WAS and still IS corny...but the music gave me goosebumps....looks good,with better cgi than then,its looking sharp....also better jets....and probably better piolots doing the "Real Stuff"....looks good.

ps cant fault the flight scenes.......odd blooper mebbe but that was producers fault lol

Edited by russouk2004

I'm just here hoping they won't fuck this up. Don't get me wrong you know I want to see this movie. I'm just not wanting to get overly hyped up is all.

Wait! Did he perform a "Pugachev Cobra"? In a F-18E? Is the jet actually able to do so?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ValAstur said:

Wait! Did he perform a "Pugachev Cobra"? In a F-18E? Is the jet actually able to do so?

Nope.. but with the proper modifications, probably yes..

• Like 1

It will be gung ho, corny, inaccurate," America is the best " , jingoistic, the aircraft will make evolutions that no fighter pilot on earth would even consider, every cannon round will be laser guided ( for the "blue" team ) , it I hope will have a music score to kill for, it will be another recruiting tool for the US Navy, it will be daft, stupid, ridiculous, and  most of all, EFFIN' GLORIOUS !!! :airplane:

6 hours ago, ValAstur said:

I mean he does the same thing with a Tomcat in the first movie.

Yeah, the Hornet can do it. Maybe not to the level shown there, but a lot of people don't know that the first aircraft to preform the maneuver was actually not the MiG-29.... but the

Spoiler

SAAB Draken

• Like 1

The FA-18 has always been capable of pulling 90 degrees of AoA and recovering. Not quite as good as the Su-27's  120-130 degrees, but certainly outstanding by any measure. However, the flight control system isn't programmed to permit it. It is a risky flight regime that is pretty much worthless in combat. The pitch authority of the Hornet in a combat environment is still one of the best beyond the F-22 and F-35. You don't need a "cobra" to fire an AIM-9X.

• Like 1

Hans Zimmer worked on the music score, a man that can suck every emotion out of a scene with every note. The movie might be 'ehhh but go for the music being put to screen, it's sure to be a hit.

• Like 2

He’s also working in conjunction with the original composer, Harold Faltemeyer. It’s gonna be real good.

Also Paramount released a “You thought that was all CGI? L O L” vid today

yeah yeay yeah....still,anyone with knowledge will still know....hey hes back seating that Hornet...he aint driving lol

He wanted to drive the Hornet alone.. but I'm guessing the navy didn't approve hahaha

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MigBuster said:

“Top Gun: Maverick” Release Date Delayed to December Due to COVID-19 Crisis.

https://theaviationist.com/2020/04/02/top-gun-maverick-release-date-delayed-to-december-due-to-covid-19-crisis/

You'd figure that much.. it's not worth getting sick over a movie, unless they give you the full experience and driving a Hornet yourself 😂

• Like 1