Stratos

Soviet-Polish War addon?

7 hours ago, Gepard said:

There i cant help you. I have never heared, that a physical map can used in TFD tool.

I use maps from my old school Atlas ord historical maps from net. The placement of target areas are more or less a guess. Orientation points can be structures in the HFD file which can identified, like rivers, coastlines, mountains.

I know some people do it, and IIRC Mernva made it for our Balkans map. Not sure he will be able to help now, he's busy with other mods.

19 hours ago, Stratos said:

I know some people do it, and IIRC Mernva made it for our Balkans map. Not sure he will be able to help now, he's busy with other mods.

You're wrong, Stratos. You can add a reference map in TFDtool, but I never used that function. It's less than ideal, because you'd need to find a perfectly squared reference map which matches the terrain's HFD exactly, otherwise the placement of things will be way off.

I do what Gepard says; I use charts, Google Earth and the heightmap view function of TFDtool, which shows coastlines and even river valleys. It takes weeks of full work, but due to RL it takes months to add most of the Real World rivers by hand via TFDtool, on a rather big terrain area.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 2

I'm working on it, wondering If someone else will do the campaign, skins and planes?

Added the Weischel and the Narew, and I noticed it doesnt work on FE. Could be solved? cause it cant I will stop it now.

9 hours ago, Stratos said:

Added the Weischel and the Narew, and I noticed it doesnt work on FE. Could be solved? cause it cant I will stop it now.

What exactly does not work? The entire terrain after your changes?

13 minutes ago, Gepard said:

What exactly does not work? The entire terrain after your changes?

This...

img00007.JPG

This happens only in this terrain?

If yes, than it could be  that a corrupted Ostpreussen_data.ini cause that problem.

What editor do you have used?

Could it be, that you tried TK's TerrainEditor? This editor has negative influence on file Ostpreussen_data.ini. If you use the TerrainEditor you must make a backup of the *_data.ini file and after editing you must use the backup file. To solve this problem you can take the Ostpreussen_data.ini file from my here posted Ostpreussen.zip as backup.

There is one rule for terrain making: make backups! If something goes wrong you can go one step backward and try it again.

Only TFD tool, no problem on vanilla terrains. 

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Only TFD tool, no problem on vanilla terrains. 

Post the ostpreussen.hdf, the ostpreussen.tdf  and the ostpreussen_data.ini files here. I will check it out.

5 hours ago, Stratos said:

Will the terrain be useful for SF2 as well?

The terrain is made with 500x500m tiles to get a better look in FE. For SF2 tiles with 2000x2000m are needed. So it is not usable for SF2.

To make it work in SF2 a complete new retiling of the terrain is neccessary.

I download your files in this moment. I will check them out.

Edit:

I have installed your files and on my computer the terrain runs fine.

img00002.thumb.jpg.5706867bafa053df0c0e98fc5f7c6bdb.jpg

img00003.thumb.jpg.996aba667773d75750afc979a90bb840.jpg

Perhaps the tileset neeeds to much ressources for your computer. You could try to replace it with a more simple tileset or the stock tileset from FE.

Edited by Gepard
  • Thanks 1

At least it works and my works hasn't been wasted. Will try to see what's going on.

• Like 1

Which tileset do you use now? Can you post a screenshot?

I have seen, that at least one or two new tiles still must created, for rivermouth into the sea and a riverfork.

12 hours ago, Gepard said:

Which tileset do you use now? Can you post a screenshot?

I have seen, that at least one or two new tiles still must created, for rivermouth into the sea and a riverfork.

The one you attached to the original download, not added or replaced anything.

Do you made some progress with the terrain?

Sorry, I have an very important exam next saturday and everything is on hold.

On 17.1.2020 at 7:50 PM, Stratos said:

Sorry, I have an very important exam next saturday and everything is on hold.

Real life is much more important than anything else on computer.

Added more rivers, in the East and in the West, can you please check?

Ost.7z

Its more or less okay.

You included the canal between rivers Weichsel/Wisla and Warthe. Its a very narrow waterway. But let it as it is.

The correct positions of the rivers in west of modern Poland i marked in the screenshot. But they are not as neccessary for a soviet vs polish scenario, because in the 1920th they were mostly german rivers. Only for "Fall Weiss" scenario this area is needed.

Bild2.thumb.jpg.e7ad8275ca53f5a54d716aca049b67f8.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Its more or less okay.

You included the canal between rivers Weichsel/Wisla and Warthe. Its a very narrow waterway. But let it as it is.

The correct positions of the rivers in west of modern Poland i marked in the screenshot. But they are not as neccessary for a soviet vs polish scenario, because in the 1920th they were mostly german rivers. Only for "Fall Weiss" scenario this area is needed.

Bild2.thumb.jpg.e7ad8275ca53f5a54d716aca049b67f8.jpg

Okay, So I need to add the Oder and the Neisse? And then all that Warthe missing part? Tell me the exact area of the canal and will make it narrower.

Would that make the river part complete?

Here is a map of the rivers at polish territory as it is today.

You need, from west to east, Oder/Odra, Warthe/Warta, Netze, Weichsel/Wisla, Narew, Bug, San, Memel/Njeman

You already have, northern part of Oder and Warthe, most parts of Netze, Weichsel, Narew and Bug

5e40629684a05_FlssePolenmodern.thumb.jpg.bf4a0d41a2159b211e7d4aeb9a163c2f.jpg

This is a map which shows the maximum expansion of Poland during soviet-polish war 1920/21.

On polish territory you see the rivers of Warthe, Netze, Weichsel, Narew, Bug and San

5e406278df633_PolnischsowjetischerKriegweitestesVordringenPolens.thumb.jpg.b8a08a9d149ff929515cc168789204b4.jpg

• Thanks 1

Can you please check the rivers?

Work has been slow this days, but at least was not stopped. If rivers are ok (I changed the canal to a more canal like tile), what would be next? Define the cities in the target.ini? Can you please add names into the area pic? I would adjust sizes as well If I know the city name.

Ostpreussen.HFD

Ostpreussen.TFD