Sign in to follow this  
wasteboy

Custom Joystick Customization in Options/Controls Menu

I've been away from SF2 for about 6 months or so and started flying again today. I wanted to tweak a few controls on my Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X unit as I have done in the past. When I go to the "Options/Control" and then "Customize" screen it only gives me the option of makeing changes to the keyboard. On the Control screen it recognizes the Thrustmaster but in the Customize area there is no way I can find to make button assignments on the controller.

The previously customized control file is still there. I get the same results on Viet Nam, Korea, Desert Storm and North Atlantic. All previously worked.

Thoughts and help please!!!!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By wasteboy
      I have a problem I think is different from others described. I recently got a new Dell Alienware laptop described below. Because the SF2 files I moved from my old computer did not work on the new one I just purchased direct from Thirdwire, downloaded and installed the SF-2 Complete ($99.99).
      The game when running does not recognize input from either the keyboard or the joystick.
      When I start in Options and go to Controls it lets me input changes to the joystick to use the slider for rudder control and the throttle lever for throttle control. So it recognizes input from the joystick and keyboard there. However, when I go to fly in a game either "Instant Action" or  "Single Mission" it opens in the air or on the runway but does not respond to either the keyboard or joystick. That includes ESC - the only way I can get out is to employ Task Manager and end the task.
      I know the joystick works because it does in both DCS and Microsoft Flight Simulator. So the computer should likewise be adequate. The game continues to work fine on the previous computer - it's specs are listed below also.
      I have tried several total uninstalls and reinstalls, shut downs and restarts etc. and everything I have found on this forum but nothing works so far.
      What can I do?????
      The computer specifics are:
      Dell/Alienware Alienware x17 R2
      Windows 11 Home 64 bit
      Disk drive: NVMe PC SN810 NVME WDC1024GB
      Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H   2.50 GHz
      Ram: 16.384GB (15.7 GB usable)
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU
      Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
      The previous computer: 
      Dell Inspiron G3 3579
      Windows 11 Home version 22H2
      Intel i7-8750H CPU@ 2.20Ghz
      16.0 GB RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    • By Thunderone
      Hi,
      I have been playing Strike Fighters 2 since past few years using a Keyboard. But I recently borrowed a HOTAS from a friend who wasn't using it anymore. After installing the latest driver in my PC, the HOTAS identified by the game as well (Strike Fighters 2 full package, updated till March 2012). However, I am confused when it comes to setting up the controls. The buttons on the HOTAS are very well functioning (after adding via SF2 Key Mapping menu), but the game is not recieving any input from Throttle and Stick at all. Both systems are fine, no issues as Logitech Software also acknowledges the throttle and stick movement. 
       So can somebody please help me out in fixing this issue? 
      Thank You
    • By Mr_Tayto
      Hi all,

based off a recommendation I dropped the requisite 100 buck (well, £76) on the full install, and so far I'm very impressed.

I have an X52 Pro, so I downloaded and applied the "SFPITkey.ini" from the downloads section of the site here, and it's great. The problem I have is that with only two hands, I find it difficult to get across some other aspects of the sim beyond flight control. An example of that is the radio; I find the radio marked button doesn't work on the profile, and even if it did (or I'm doing something wrong) there's no tutorial so I don't know how to use it. I may even be using it wrongly, but again I see know way of knowing how.

The second thing is vision controls. I don't have any eye tracking software or hardware, so will be reliant on some kind of accessible control to "turn my head" looking for targets or threats. Again, short of taking my hand off the throttle or stick, there's no way I can see of doing it without reassigning some hat on the HOTAS (which is not ideal). In this case I suppose I'm asking if it's worthwhile reassigning a hat on the stick to turning my head, and using the keyboard controls for radar operation?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give. I've realised one ambition this week, of flying a SEAD over North Vietnam in a Thud, and I'm looking forward now to another, which is flying the EE Lightning. Just with there was a "quick fly" with no bad guys to practice take-offs and landings (especially on CVs!).
    • By Flanagan
      I would know if someone have tried this stick. Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..