ECM or RWR reciever?

could be....

some more...1 thing to do then its new pylons. (ahh tail lights in bot pic to correct)

tail.jpg

t2.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 9

Tail stuff done...and new pitots , lights , new cannon etc too.(new)..all remade now onto pylons..not much more now...then comes the repaint...

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

tail.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Excellent to see that you are getting as many of the details as possible!

Please consider the following...

Inkedt2.thumb.jpg.6da0731fecbbfd6ea4538544c7e7068d_LI.jpg.7fb4c2ea6c65772c68c7e57cf6b41eef.jpg

Edited by ace888

On 12/31/2019 at 3:24 PM, russouk2004 said:

anyone know what this does /...cant find info on this item

I think small probe on rudder its an anti flutter/trim  sensor...

tail.jpg

When I was doing my mod ... did not find any info. at the time.  

It is not a light of any kind... Some from of sensors...

56 minutes ago, ace888 said:

Excellent to see you that are getting the details!

Please consider the following...

Inkedt2.thumb.jpg.6da0731fecbbfd6ea4538544c7e7068d_LI.jpg.7fb4c2ea6c65772c68c7e57cf6b41eef.jpg

yeah...tails a bit ,did try them but they stab needs redoing...as they needed to be bent and looked weird

• Like 1

With a bit of tidying up...seems to be ok....tails wre rather lumpy...few cuts etc and seem better...looks pretty good to me.

tail.jpg

su-27_blue_30_023_of_139.jpg

• Like 11

I think he was talking about the RHAWS areal, the light is the one on next on the right of it and only the left side fin/tail has the anti-collision light.

• Like 1

Port side top to bottom... (looking at Sukhoi Cutaways in PDF   seems they all concur

ILS

ECM (different frequencies Port and Stbd)

Port nav\coll light

Static discharge rods.

Starboard

Radar Warning Reciever

ECM (different frequencies Port and Stbd)

Static discharge rods.

Double sided on stbd is I think UHF

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

The antenna which is formed like the tip of an hunting arrow is the so called SAU antenna.

SAU is a automatically landing approach system, which enables the plane to perfom an autonomous landing approach or on more modern systems an autonomous landing of the plane. SAU is part of the RSBN navigation system. RSBN is comparable with the american TACAN, but is much more precise.

Normally you has two such antennas on the plane. One under the nose, the other on the tailfin.

Here the SAU antenna on the tailfin of the MiG-21bisSAU

5e0f4899da40d_MiG-21bisSAUSeitenleitwerkGAtowII.thumb.jpg.4939ad98d4de22ee58ce90281d24eb71.jpg

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 5

Bit of detail to gears....decided to stop ...its addictive but ...its done...not 100% accurate but close enough...

main gear is also bit better,pylons now,been putting them off.but got some good reference pics etc for them...

gear1.jpg

TN_0696.JPG

gear2.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 14

Very nice m8........hope you're not expecting this kind of detail from anything I do...:stars:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

An awesome list mate. The huge amount of work you and your fellow super skilled modders put in for us mere mortals to download is simply staggering and I for one am  unable to find the words to thank this amazing community !

On 30/12/2019 at 2:13 AM, russouk2004 said:

Will post screens of other wips asap...

now this Jetranger 206 was a freeware model adapted by me...

What I did was add details taken from another model.....by taken I mean new meshes meade by me ...NOT used anyone elses meshes.

Heres a question...

1,If I import a model...and actually make exact copy of meshes...by copy I mean...each part I need I make from scratch,using the mesh from the model as a template...then I delete the original model and meshes and use the newly created meshes in my now new model...is this legit or piracy?....

I think its morally ok to release my "Clone" model......as a new freeware model....(hence why not released this yet)  plus needs a data.ini I requested from YAP guys

opinions please4 from moderators ONLY please.

1 model I have...I asked the FSX creator if it was ok and he said,"Well as its your created meshes,no problem here "  so

PS...any model Not 100% by me will be labeled as such....

Only models NOT made by me and are freeware are....

1, Pak Fa T-50  (creator donated.)

2,B66

3,P47 C,D

4, hind.

5,Mig25

ALL others on list ARE solely my creations....

The Jetranger took ages to get to this finish..(what if RAF version) .I literally had to weld EVRY mesh....relocate them and link etc...some parts are TOTAL rebuild....took me a week of a few hours every evening to fix just body,tail,rotors and doors...so you can see it takes ages to complete models that arent created by us moders here,freeware stuff is usually 3ds or an .OBJ file which need a lot of fixing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

You should model helos used in the Falklands War like the Scout and Wasp for the Falkland redux, still pretty impressive mate 

This is the H Zurawski gave us...just animated canopy,had to make space...seems just needs mapping...I say just......a lot to do...if its gonna kick ass...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

thanks Russ

I can do the "basic" NM, but I'll need someone to do the late-model 3-tone. Decals wont be a problem

can we do some mumbo jumbo and have Fury 4 also.

I know it is different bird...but...mumbo jumbo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

can we do some mumbo jumbo and have Fury 4 also.

I know it is different bird...but...mumbo jumbo.

theres been worse qualified stand ins......

I did the Fj3 for wrench some time back...seem to have misplaced model....when find it,I can easily add the wingfold kev....

will start mapping the H in day or two...got stuff atm

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

that would be great Russ!!! That's really all it's been missing; That would allow the NA game coding to park them on the ship (after I  change the "CarrierParkingSpan=" statement.

Those inner wing sections (when exposed on folding would need meshing and mapping, but you knew that already! I'd just map those to a seperate sheet, as to not change the main aircraft skins.

• Like 3

I havent misplaced them...just saved somewhere among 100`s of dvds and cds lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

:stars:

:pilotfly:

Waiting Long time for the Fuji T-1A / B

Fuji.jpg

• Like 2