Sign in to follow this  
DirtyBirdFA

Does ejection work?

S! all. Well, I've been flying a while now and in that time I've been shot down numerous times. However, I find that whenever I eject from the burning fireball that is my plane, it says my pilot was still killed. I have never eeeeeeeeeeevvverr had a successful ejection. And it's not like if I am ejecting only from a burning plane, but also when the plane has been rendered useless or uncontrollable in a spin. Do I need to eject at a certain speed or alt?

Rgr Cowboy, I know it's shift+esc to bail out, but when I do it, it still says that my pilot has been killed, regardless if he stays in the plane to blow up or if that cheap cut scene of the ejection comes on. Get me, sir?

I know what you're talking about Dirtybird and this question has been asked a few times, but never answered to my satisfaction...This is one of those non-bugs that are seldom taked about.

I've heard you are not killed if you eject over a friendly airbase, or if you eject from an undamaged airplane. So I believe being killed is representative of being captured. Maybe this will be looked at in a patch.