FFR-41 Mave

I dont own this Mod somebody post it here https://www.deviantart.com/bigshi/art/FFR-41-MR-MAVE-vs-F-A-37-Talon-supersonic-kills-640041898.

I tried to find this Mod.After spending a week or so I found this on Deviant art.If the the real creator sees this please inform me(gmail:cyber3xsimon@gmail.com) i will Remove this mod if he wants to or add his name.

This is from Anime Yukikaze.It was a Reconnaissance aircraft then later FAF send it to Special Mission with Lt Rei Fukai.

Details

Working Cockpit

HQ Model with effects

Custom Hud and Radar

Note:While playing campaign the year must be 2000+ ,because the weapon manufacturing date was set to 2000.If you want to play in game campaign then you have to change data file. you can change that in by FFR-41MR_Late_DATA (opens with notepad) and find Weapon Stations then find SpecificStationCode=FAF,change it to SpecificStationCode=.it should work.

Advance Sorry for my bad writing.

Happy flight

One hopes that this is NOT another ripped model from HAWX or similiar games. If so, it's gonna be gone, and the usual consequences will result.

So, "SimonMaverick", the onus is on you the prove the origination of the mod.  You have 48 hours to do so, then it will be removed. We have a no tolerance policy on piracy, as is clearly stated in several places, including the pinned post in this forum.

thank you for your attention

yeah looking into it...it may be legit...if so,apologies to concerned.

Edited by russouk2004

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

One hopes that this is NOT another ripped model from HAWX or similiar games. If so, it's gonna be gone, and the usual consequences will result.

7 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

First of all, @russouk2004 linked what is an aircraft mod/add-on for HAWX, not a 3d model of HAWX. HAWX does not contain such aircraft.

Second, if you downloaded the package, you'd notice a ReadMe.html file inside; this 3d model was reworked by YEYEYE (and AFAIK there is a lot of stuff from him here at CA, including well made cockpits, etc.). YEYEYE mentions a few other names as the original creators of the 3d model, referred to as "HAWX FFR-41MR MOD". It's the same HAWX mod linked by russouk2004. Who uploaded the mod should have copy-pasted the content of such ReadMe file as the mod's description, because the authors are mentioned and credited there! Of course, even who uploaded the mod did not care to have a look at the ReadMe file.

Here's the mentioned file everybody literally ignored; Readme.html

In the end, YEYEYE took this mod for HAWX and made it for SF2. He credited the original creators, but we do not know if it's a straight-away rip or if he obtained the source files and reworked them. I hope this clarifies what should have been clear since the upload was going to be made.

Edited by Menrva

• Like 1

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

No apologies needed, you did the right thing by investigating further. We are all concerned about protecting intellectual property.

SimonMavrick should have double-checked what he was going to upload. It could have contained anything. Also, there's a good reason why mods are mostly distributed with ReadMe files. The few ones who care to read them know who deserves real credit.

Thinking about this upload, I'd suggest it to be removed. One of the admins can re-upload it with a whole new description, a simple copy and paste of that ReadMe file would do, I suppose.

• Like 2

SimonMavrick should have double-checked what he was going to upload. It could have contained anything. Also, there's a good reason why mods are mostly distributed with ReadMe files. The few ones who care to read them know who deserves real credit

Given the guy has 1 post, and no history of activity here, always raises a flag. This happens all the time; I've seen it all to often over the years. They disappear, never to be seen again, after uploading a questionable mod. 

The gods forbid that uploaders should follow site policy, and actually give a decent description of the item INCLUDING where the hell it comes from and who built it. Not necessary to post the entire readme (even IF they wrote one), but at least tell us the minimum requirements.

I'm going to leave this up for a while, unless Erik says different, in the (vague) hopes this "person" responds in the correct manner.

• Like 2