Some versions has no undernose radome like civilian ones.

Yes I know...

though academic...as ive not heard any reply to ex alphasim \ Virtavia....and model\ data isuues ...looks like this may as well be scrapped.  its taking too much of my time and im 1 step forwards 3 back...

RussoUK, we know contacts there and have negotiated licensing agreements with that team, PM me if you need more assistance.

• Like 1

Big thankyou to WTRADMIN  for helping get Virtavias blessing in conversion of the Kamov helo....cheers m8 your e leg end     lol...a foot ? 

seriously tho thnx m8....

Big thankyou to Virtavia, LTD.

Please visit www.virtavia.com to learn more about our flight sim model offerings."

Will the Helix comes with a dedicated cockpit? The Virtavia's has one.

3 hours ago, PeacePuma said:

image.thumb.png.144c9d51aabf596e603e8d58710c44fa.png

Already in works...just needs data.ini etc...will post screens in a bit...also lynx

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilches said:

Will the Helix comes with a dedicated cockpit? The Virtavia's has one.

if ive time....will"borrow" the Ka-29 one for time being..

• Like 2

Merlin RN also doing RAF one and one of the Lynx...  also Like my desktop background ?...I love it

these are pictures before conversion but look as good after.....and all total freeware......even so still credit to Virtavia and Alphasim....and have some nice pilots too....and cockpits also....

post some max screens later of all versions...hope to release them all same time...so not just 2 weeks lol..  sorry but thats how it is..I ll devote as much time to them as I possibly can.

Image2.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image1.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 7

Those Lynx would be at home in the Balkans map!!

Both the Lynx and Merlin will be very welcome in SF2, ditto some H-60 variants in CombatAce please!

• Like 1

Is sub object materials in game 100% not working \ supported ?...as the Merlin has meshes split materials....like fuselage roof is mapped to the same dds as the exhaust fairing mesh,and the nose to it also.....nose sorted as ive moved that to the fuselage map....it means a lot of moving maps,and hen also the templates...

or....I detach the offending polys and make as new mesh....hmmmm

• Like 1

9 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

Is sub object materials in game 100% not working \ supported ?...

I seem to recall I have read in another thread that the SF2 engine does not support it. Not sure though, I don't remember well.

Edited by Menrva

7 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

or....I detach the offending polys and make as new mesh....hmmmm

this will be easier.

and yes sub object materials are not supported..

18 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

this will be easier.

and yes sub object materials are not supported..

Rather than ugly mesh joins ive redone base texture...moved mapping to same textures..luckily space on the fuselage map for the roof bits etc...also some polys not showing been removed so less to alter...now to edit template....oo err...will be fun lol

setting up helos is right job,especially when you havent a clue what ur doing lol....I get the basics of adding the RCS points to a degree....where the ones for simulating flight controls...when comes to setting up for the engines and thrust...its a mare....im looking at the points set on helos using mues lod viewer but its a job and a half....so please be patient with me lol....

Keep at it Russ, will be great in the end.  And get advice from @yakarov79 - he is the absolute best helo expert out there.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2020 at 2:36 AM, russouk2004 said:

Merlin RN also doing RAF one and one of the Lynx...  also Like my desktop background ?...I love it

these are pictures before conversion but look as good after.....and all total freeware......even so still credit to Virtavia and Alphasim....and have some nice pilots too....and cockpits also....

post some max screens later of all versions...hope to release them all same time...so not just 2 weeks lol..  sorry but thats how it is..I ll devote as much time to them as I possibly can.

Image2.jpg

Russ, will we get wheel landing gear equipped Lynxs for the Marineflieger and Royal Navy?

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Russ, will we get wheel landing gear equipped Lynxs for the Marineflieger and Royal Navy?

Well appointed Stratos!!

If the models have them will do ,if not, not sure...will check

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

If the models have them will do ,if not, not sure...will check

Fingers crossed.

Now that's cool!

In the Alouette III I use, AngelP added a pilot activated gunner, so it is possible to fire those MG's!