I would like to get you feedback I am thinking of getting the saitek x52 pro and I was wondering if it's compatible with SF2 under windows 10 and if it's worth switching to.

Edited by GKABS

I've got the X56.  If you ever used the X36 or the X45, it'll be a snap to use.  I had the X45 for about six years before it finally bit the dust, and I eventually migrated back to the X56.  Windows 10 will work with the X52 Pro with next to no compatibility issues.  After Logitech bought the designs from Mad Catz, there have been steady improvements in QA.  A lot of people complained about the quality of the X56 when I first came out, I have one of the latest builds of it and Logitech has done some solid work in making them much more reliable.  I would buy an X52 with no reservations.  I just had my Thrustmaster T16000M FCS die on me and I was not going back to that.  TM's quality doesn't feel nearly as solid as Logitech's to me.

• Like 1

I have one, its a good stick , however sometimes under win 10 it can be finicky, it needs to use USB 2 really, so on a lot of machines not all the USB ports are 2.0 some are 3  and other iterations, this can cause the stick to be awkward or not work quite how you would like it to, but there are work arounds, also some of the keys, even under Win 7 are not picked up by the sim, for some unknown and arcane reason. That being said, the throttle quadrant, although a single throttle, not a split one, is very nice, the stick I have heard some people moaning its a bit sloppy, however I have never had issues with it. So, until you can afford a Warthog, then it is a good and serviceable bit of kit, the Saitek rudder pedals are decent as well, they have toe brakes as well as the rudder function, the stick does have an in built ruder twist grip which works just fine as well, altogether a better option than the newer X56 , which apparently is a bag of shite. :airplane:

• Like 1

I have a standard Saitek X52 and it's a great joystick for SF2. It has a decent amount of buttons on it, but you'll definitely need to decide what functions in game you want to have immediate access to. I like it though. :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much as always this community never fails me:ty:

I just completed my set-up for the X52 Pro joystick and I love it.  so many wires.  :lol:

5e1dc9ebb588f_stratos_.thumb.jpg.c1bd5f3a7f01197f15ff697ac01585ec.jpg5e1de2fdc8348_stratos_.thumb.jpg.166f008397f09298dec1bd5f984782c2.jpg

What I really want next is a nice flight simulator chair. I was thinking of something like this, and I really would like your help to find a good chair that is affordable.

next-level-racing-flight-simulator-cockpit.thumb.png.986f584f73e97d997cde3b6d398eef4e.png

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

Hi,

I downloaded this profile from here, but for some reason it's not being picked up in the game. I tried with regenerated options.cfg but to no avail. If anyone has any ideas? Additionally what are the versions of the driver and profile editor to be used with Win10?

Thanks,

Michael

12 hours ago, phispooky said:

Hi,

I downloaded this profile from here, but for some reason it's not being picked up in the game. I tried with regenerated options.cfg but to no avail. If anyone has any ideas? Additionally what are the versions of the driver and profile editor to be used with Win10?

Thanks,

Michael

I didn't download this profile, as I would like to set my own. with regard to the versions of the driver I just downloaded the latest one from there site.

@GKABS If you're using the Saitek profile-editor, could you post the profile? I would like to see if I can run with your profile for comparison

I will save the default one if you want,  as I haven't edit anything yet.  I set the joystick within the game using the game profile configuration.

Hi,

I downloaded the profile and it's not working, from what I read online I think I need to set a new one as the operating system has something to do with it if the profile is saved with a different operating system that the one is using. I think.:dntknw:

Edited by GKABS
  • Like 1

Hi,
just a late heads-up: I finally had some time to look into the downloaded profile using text editor and compared with a new empty profile. With some trial-and-error I found only one item had to be changed: group "Flight Control System" needs to be renamed to "Pro Flight" and then the settings are working. This saves me the hazzle to having to program everything from scratch.

[profile='SF PITkey' version=0x00000004
  [controllers
    [controller=1f732691-3bc6-41ec-a977-c5bf0b03a3dc group='Pro Flight'
      [member=75bb6cc8-fb40-4be1-bf2b-4b10397a98a8 name=X52Pro shortname=X52Pro]

• Like 1

excellent job:clapping: