Sign in to follow this  
Shousa

Caporetto V2 (Terrain & Campaign) MOD - Screens not loading

I have fully installed the mod and can access the campaign and the added aircraft (the first aircraft in the campaign was missing engine sounds so I fixed the INI file and it worked).

The screens for the campaign do not show and I get dark screens instead.

I have tried running different settings in the game, nvidia and also different compatibility settings (windows98 on upwards to windows 7) on the exe but nothing works.

Anyone know why?

For aircraft that seem to be missing engine sounds (if you are using the data inis from my FM update packs), I recommend the two links called "List of My Engine Sound Names and Original Engine Sound Names" and "Engine Sounds Pack," from the following post:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/91337-problems-with-my-fe2/?tab=comments#comment-738368

In terms of Caporetto campaign questions, hopefully someone with more experience with campaigns will pitch in with helpful info. (I have the terrain installed but usually fly single missions over it).

Von S :smile:

• Thanks 1

Wow, took a look at that post, really awesome info, I can see I missed installing a lot of great mods as well, thanks!!

I haven't yet installed your FM pack but had already downloaded it, really looking forward to it.

What single missions are you flying? From a pack here?

edit - BTW I made a Sim Dashboard for SF2 and I think it should work unedited (just ignore extra functions) with FE2.

Edited by Shousa

Sorry, Shousa, what generation game are you using? Most likely, the reason is either in the format of the screens- JPG or BMP, or in the screens resolution .

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Crawford! The screens are BMP files and I have a 60hz Non-gaming Phillips Monitor with a 2560 x 1440 screen but it is always running at 1920 x 1080 for my Flightsims.

Any ideas?

Edit - Oops I just bought FE2.

Edited by Shousa

Oh, no, I didn’t mean the resolution of the display, but the resolution of screenshots that do not want to be displayed. The fact is that the FE1 game engine does not like it when the size of the image for the Menu exceeds 1024x768 pixels (the same applies to the Hangar screen for each aircraft, at the same time, the size of the Download image does not matter). :dntknw:

• Thanks 1

Ah Ok, does FE2 have that requirement also?

I can easily resize using mspaint.

FE2 like SF2 can support most res screens...I usually use 1920x1080 for screens etc and always Jpegs...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shousa said:

Ok thanks I will try that :smile:

Please see what is indicated in your Main Caporetto ini.file and in the Caporetto DATA.ini file in the [Campaign Data] section - the names of screenshots and their format are indicated there.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Shousa said:

What single missions are you flying? From a pack here?

I set up my single missions using the in-sim menu in FE2 - the great thing about it is that (as in WW1) you don't know what type of enemy aircraft you will encounter, or the number of aircraft - although congestion settings can be controlled to some extent via the in-sim menu, and further congestion files (the "formation.ini" file that goes into the Flight folder of the user folder for FE2 - some of those are included with my FM update packs for FE2).

For recommended flight congestion settings in the in-sim menu, for those who like to fly historically, I recommend point no. 7 under my "Rules for DiD Style Single Missions in FE2" available at the link below (where I attempted to imitate the DiD campaigns/missions that are constantly going on at the WOFF forum on the SimHQ website - in my opinion FE2 is excellent for DiD, "dead is dead," style missions and campaigns):

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92423-did-style-single-missions-for-fe2/

Happy flying,

Von S :buba:

• Thanks 1

Crawford - ah much obliged, I should have realised that, I did resize them but they didn't work. Will look at those files.

VonS - far out, it seems that the single mission generator is very nice. I will print off your rules and put them in my plastic folder thingamebob, good for the immersion, great job on that!

Thanks to both of you :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Shousa said:

Crawford - ah much obliged, I should have realised that, I did resize them but they didn't work. Will look at those files.

It is very strange. There may be only two reasons: either the files are not where they should be, or the game does not see them because of their inconsistency. In such cases, it is recommended to reinstall the mod.

In FEG, the Campaign Screens are in the "Menu" folder. Unfortunately, I don’t know where they should be in the 2nd Generation game.

Edited by Crawford
  • Thanks 1

as the 1st and 2nd gen games all use the same folder structure, I'd think they all go in the /Menu folder. Although, oddlly, in SF1/Sf2, the "loading screen" (main loading screen, not for individual aircraft) goes in the /Flight folder!

• Thanks 1

After much testing I can confirm I cannot get them working.

I have tried resizing the files to the same resolution as the game 1920 x 1080, saving as jpeg and bmp and changing the ini files.

Basically if they are JPEGs the game crashes.

If they are BMPs a dark screen (looks odd not entirely black) is shown.

So maybe have to give it a miss, I'd say?

Thanks for everyone's help though, nice community here :smile:

Edited by Shousa

6 hours ago, Shousa said:

After much testing I can confirm I cannot get them working.

It cannot be. If it works for everyone, then why should you be an exception? Please drop here your Main Caporetto ini.file and in the Caporetto DATA.ini file and add a screenshot of the contents of your Menu folder.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shousa said:

Here they are, appreciate the help

Yes, it seems that all the files are completely consistent ... :pardon:

There is another option: try dropping these BMP screens into the main "Menu" folder (not the campaign menu, but the menu of the game itself).

• Thanks 1

yes i tried that, had them in both in the menu folders (mod and executable) :sad:

i have been able to get the dawn patrol pictures from here working as menu screens. will try using them as campaign screens when i get home from work.

Edited by Shousa

:sad:

Well, then medicine is powerless. I’m still sure that this bug can be fixed somehow, but ... I can’t make a better diagnosis, given the distance between us ...

Perhaps I would recommend changing the screens format to JPG instead of BMP. Use the graphic editor convenient for you. And, for the sake of fidelity, change the corresponding lines in the .ini files

wwicaporetto01.ini

wwicaporetto01_DATA.INI

However, I cannot be sure that this will solve your problem ...

Edited by Crawford