Sign in to follow this  
JohnLewis141997

SFP and FE on Windows 7

Even though Windows 7 support has ended, I'm still going to use it since some older games like SFP and First Eagles seems to run on 7 and not 10, Strike Fighters Project 1 for example is quite slow in the menu and has the ratio issue but on 7 it runs pretty flawless 

Edited by JohnLewis141997

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 3:36 PM, JohnLewis141997 said:

older games like SFP and First Eagles seems to run on 7 and not 10

JohnLewis141997

FE and All SF1 games run on my Window 10 computers.  Takes a bit of tweaking to get them running.

But I'm also keeping a couple of Windows 7 computers for games that don't run on Windows 10.

Dangerous Waters is another example, since windows 10 you need a modified d3d8.dll to actually get it to work but has issues like the text flickering but on 7 it runs without needing to modify it and seems more compatible also games like Mig-29 Fulcrum and B17 Mighty 8th has an issue where the fullscreen seems to windowed. Windows 10 broke older games

Edited by JohnLewis141997

Battle of Britain II seems to have multiple problems on Win 10. European Air War has been reported as not running as well on 10 as on 7. The lesson seems to be the understandable one that an older OS is better for older games.