Hi I know a while back some people were able to get the wov/Europe/Israel to work can any one tell me how that works for me it works great but the lag in the menus is a little to much but barable but I can start the game but exiting the mission crashes but I’m able to play it 

1 hour ago, DEVIL11 said:

Hi I know a while back some people were able to get the wov/Europe/Israel to work can any one tell me how that works for me it works great but the lag in the menus is a little to much but barable but I can start the game but exiting the mission crashes but I’m able to play it 

Try updating it to the latest patch which is the oct2008 patch and use the ENB generic as that helps the frame rate, I've put it in the attachment and I like to credit VonS for posting it as that help me with frame rate issue with first Eagles 2, I hope these will help

enbseries_generic_v0076.zip

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

Try updating it to the latest patch which is the oct2008 patch and use the ENB generic as that helps the frame rate, I've put it in the attachment and I like to credit VonS for posting it as that help me with frame rate issue with first Eagles 2, I hope these will help

enbseries_generic_v0076.zip

Where would I place the enbseries 

3 minutes ago, DEVIL11 said:

Where would I place the enbseries 

In the game folder itself where the .exe is, I had issues with it on 10, so I'm sticking with Windows 7 despite the end of support. oh and use the wrapper version then you can simply copy and paste it in

Edited by JohnLewis141997

I understand I had to upgrade to 10 due not finding any windows 8 7 or vista but I’ll try it thanks I’ll get back 

1 minute ago, DEVIL11 said:

I understand I had to upgrade to 10 due not finding any windows 8 7 or vista but I’ll try it thanks I’ll get back 

Try Lizengo.com I got a genuine win 7 there for £12.99 

I’ll try thanks and what is the wrapper version if u don’t mind me asking

It modifies a game with d3d9.dll to allow use for shaders etc and enhance performance in games. With First Eagles 2 same company it ran like 1fps on win 10 but when I inserted the enb it ran with 60fps 

My SF1 in Windows 10 settings.

1. Install latest DX9.

I'm not sure but I believe the latest DX9 driver is 'directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.'  It can be found on the internet.

2. Install ENBseries.

I use FalconC45's 'HDR Mod 1.01A' found here, 'https://combatace.com/files/category/747-environmental-mods/?page=2.'

The HDR Mod 1.01A is for high end Nvidia graphics cards.  There is also a mod for ATI/AMD graphics cards on that download page.

3.  Install the game BUT NOT in the default installation folders.  Put it in the C: root folder or on another drive.

4. Set SF1/WOX .exe file compatibility mode to:

1 - Check box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3).' 

2 - Check box for 'Run this program as an administrator.'

Your compatibility mode might differ.  You might need to experiment with different settings to find the right one for your computer.

5. I use '4gb_patch.exe.'  I don't know if it makes much difference, but it doesn't stop the game from playing. 

It can be found about 10 files down here: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=345.

6. Because I also play my SF2 games on the same Windows 10 computer, and because I have an Nvidia graphics card, and because new Nvidia drivers seem to cause SF2 to go 'black' when graphics are set to 'Unlimited' when the mission starts, I still use an old set of drivers that allow me to set my graphics to 'Unlimited.'  I use Nvidia drivers; 418.91-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe.

You might need to experiment with different graphics card drivers to find the right one for your computer.

I don't know if this these graphics drivers make a difference with the SF1 games, but both SF1 and SF2 work for me on Windows 10 with these settings and adjustments.

Remember computers differ, so my settings and adjustments might not work for your setup.

Good luck.

Geary

Edited by Geary
  • Like 1

Might want to add, do NOT install to the /ProgramFiles section. Do not install ANY 1stGen game to "usual place".  That's a protected area of the HD (software wise), and you won't be able to to shit with modding inis or anything else. Same as in Win7

Do a custom install, by pointing the installer exe to the ROOT of the C drive (ie: C:/WingsOverEurope). 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wrench said:

Might want to add, do NOT install to the /ProgramFiles section. Do not install ANY 1stGen game to "usual place".  That's a protected area of the HD (software wise), and you won't be able to to shit with modding inis or anything else. Same as in Win7

Do a custom install, by pointing the installer exe to the ROOT of the C drive (ie: C:/WingsOverEurope). 

Yes, as Wrench says, don't install to the default folder.

I forgot that bit as I always install my flight sim games on my second hard drive by force of habit.

Thanks, Wrench.

• Like 1