JohnLewis141997

A more historically accurate and immersive Falklands

Hi Guys,

I am trying to do personal changes to the Falkland/Malvinas map by adding names to each of the ships inside Bomb Alley like Ardent and Antelope the two that were sunk inside Bomb Alley, I want to know if it's possible and to add an extra Type 21 Frigate inside San Carlos Water what will be Antelope, I want to do this for a more accurate and immersive presentation of the Falklands War and to create a few historical missions to share as I have a deep interest in the conflict as it was one the most important event of my country's history and because of the uniqueness of the war.

So if it is possible to do so can you tell me how and to the map creater I would like to ask your permission to do so, so that I can improve it and give me a far more freedom to make missions and thank you for an excellent map

UPDATE

I found a another Type 21 model from the Falklands Frigate pack so I can use that along side the Type_21 folder as this one is named Type 21 so it won't cause conflict. I just need to find the postion inside San Carlos then edit the type.ini and the target.ini to enable the other model, but still want make multiple models of the same one to cover all the ships in the class

Edited by JohnLewis141997
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

Mod it and just give credit where due...basically

Will do mate, do you know the position that HMS Ardent was roughly at in San Carlos Water during 21st May I mean for the Falkland/Malvinas Map and heading, I've tried adding it to the type.ini and target.ini but won't show up, I'm using the Type21 model from the Falkland_Frigates_v1.1 package, the models work since I can make show using mission editor but not when I actually add in and can you change an object name inside the type.ini

Also what was the position of HMS Antelope

57 minutes ago, Soulfreak said:

Torno is working on a new Mavinas mod.

Including new Terrain, aircrafts etc.

Check out Spanish Forum: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/51485-wip-o-trabajos-en-progreso/?page=59&tab=comments#comment-763603

Falklands, and that's sweet, looks beautiful 

But John, in the Spanish Forum always refer the Islands as Malvinas please!! You may know...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Wilches said:

But John, in the Spanish Forum always refer the Islands as Malvinas please!! You may know...

Blahhh..

as long as Union Jack blow in the breeze there...Falklands.

:big_boss:

• Like 1

I know and for me it makes no diference. Just a way to be more "kind" or whatever it may be. I don't care.:good:

I have a near complete ground object data file update for the Falklands.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJakker said:

I have a near complete ground object data file update for the Falklands.

Could you forward it please many thanks

Got back from seeing 1917. I will see about finding the project, finish the last few objects and pass it on.

20 minutes ago, KJakker said:

Got back from seeing 1917. I will see about finding the project, finish the last few objects and pass it on.

Cheers Mate. I feel kinda bad flying as the Argentine and trying to bomb our ships but get the satisfaction with flying the SHAR and getting kills  

11 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

Blahhh..

as long as Union Jack blow in the breeze there...Falklands.

:big_boss:

Well said old chap

To anyone else interested in improving the Falklands 82 campaign I have sent edited data files for the included ground objects including the ships to @JohnLewis141997 for his project.

However there are some things that I cannot fix with just data INI improvements. Most of the ship LODs are twelve to fourteen years old and are badly in need of replacement. They are in SF1 configuration without any of the alterations needed to fully take advantage of North Atlantic's features. 

While a full set of high quality replacement objects would be great to have, most of the auxiliaries and transport ships do not need replacement with the exception of the MV Atlantic Conveyor/MV Atlantic Causeway, and a couple of the warships use the same basic hull with different weapons fits that would ease the amount of work further. If anyone has access to the original MAX files of the old ships I would be relatively simple to fix the issues from a game mechanics standpoint but as I have been told that does not look like a possibility leaving replacement the best option. 

In addition, the models for the Royal Navy's SAMs (Seaslug, Seacat, SeaDart, and SeaWolf) are also in need of an update unless newer missile LODs have been made that I am not aware of.

If you are interested in working on a project to build new ships and/or SAM models for the Falklands/Malvinas campaign please let me know so that I can work on coordinating our efforts on such a project.

• Like 1

hello I am creating "all new" with respect to the Falklands conflict, I ask what new things (land, airplanes, militia) have created or want to develop?
Sorry my bad english

3 minutes ago, torno said:

hello I am creating "all new" with respect to the Falklands conflict, I ask what new things (land, airplanes, militia) have created or want to develop?
Sorry my bad english

Would the models be compatible with SF 1 as I prefer the 1st Gen game?

Beyond that I use 4k textures, I no longer fly Series 1 and the North Atlantic is more compatible for airborne actions, but I answered with another question, if you look at the Spanish forum, the development of this

2 minutes ago, torno said:

Beyond that I use 4k textures, I no longer fly Series 1 and the North Atlantic is more compatible for airborne actions, but I answered with another question, if you look at the Spanish forum, the development of this

Could send a link and is it possible to translated it since I am British

check your browser -- chrome will automatically do translations