DarudeSandstorm

Is Rearming, Repairing, Refueling possible?

3 hours ago, Sundowner said:

Does it really matter what an individual wants to do with their game [ keywords being THEIR and GAME ] be it realistic or not ? The game offers the option to start in the air ....how realistic is that?

They are not cheats, they are just another way of using what TK made available........hell we even have moon and mars stuff being worked on.....how "realistic" is that ?

Man, I totally did NOT question the fact users may want to use such functions because those are not realistic. I simply stated why TK didn't include them nor highlighted them; his SF series is described as a lite flight sim, so realism is still a factor in his original product. This is not an arcade flight sim like Ace Combat, so I don't see why TK should have included such "rearm while in flight" option by default. So, it is a cheat in my view and in TK's as well.

I'm the one working on the Moon and Mars terrains, but that does not imply I despise realism, nor I criticize those who would like to rearm in-flight.

My apologies if my opinion wasn't clear enough.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Menrva said:

Man, I totally did NOT question the fact users may want to use such functions because those are not realistic. I simply stated why TK didn't include them nor highlighted them; his SF series is described as a lite flight sim, so realism is still a factor in his original product. This is not an arcade flight sim like Ace Combat, so I don't see why TK should have included such "rearm while in flight" option by default. So, it is a cheat in my view and in TK's as well.

I'm the one working on the Moon and Mars terrains, but that does not imply I despise realism, nor I criticize those who would like to rearm in-flight.

My apologies if my opinion wasn't clear enough.

No worries m8, I did take it that you were trying to put down what the guy was trying to do but I do also see your point......we all have our pet likes and dislikes regarding what happens within SF.

ps, keep your great work.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wrench said:

Also, once you leave the target area, and fly outside the 50km "bubble of reality", everything de-spawns.

Jeez..I learn something new every time I read a new thread here!  :good:

that's been know for quite some time; I discovered it quite by accident when doing the 1st rebuild of the Libya map (07? 08?). I was using the "view ground objects" (f7?) view, looking at ships in harbor, and after I passed a certain point (I guesstimated 50km) they popped out of existence. Terrain objects, buildings and such always remain. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 7:56 PM, DarudeSandstorm said:

I would love to argue about it but i have no idea how fast can a plane be rearmed and refueled in the middle of a mission as quickly as possible in either an airfield or a carrier. Still wish the game let me land and use the catapult tho.

Gripen is designed to make sure that availability is maximized at all times. A Gripen force can operate from small airfields or even highway when no runways are available. For instance, Gripen can operate from a road strip of only 16 x 800 metres.  and it get refuel and rearm in les than 10 minuets combat ready.

• Like 1

As in BoB, the pilots are here the main factor.

7 minutes ago, Stratos said:

As in BoB, the pilots are here the main factor.

ahem..... and ground crews

• Like 1

5-10-15 minutes.. It does not matter. It is still minutes not half-second of ctrl+some key.

Grippen video is cool like all peacetime propaganda stuff...Did ever any Grippen been involved in combat?  If not then it should be out of the discussion about combat readiness in time of war...

as for game....

Flying over target let say 1.5h then combat sortie a few minutes and then head home another 1.5h...rearm and launch again...go (1.5h)  over the same target area and of course targets for those 3 + hours were waiting in patience like a virgin on Friday night... Guess pilot in a real situation will be overused quickly...

I can understand the need of refuel and rearm for some FOB's Harriers, choppers and similar stuff flying short quick CAS mission on the frontline...on a dynamic campaign (which is unavailable in this game).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You can advance time at 15 minute intervals. Use the Re-arm function. Advance time about 15-30 minutes, take off. Problems solved.

Can you spell "cheater"? 

I knew you could

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

Can you spell "cheater"? 

I knew you could

"if you aint cheating you aint trying"

-old military saying

• Like 2

On 08/02/2020 at 2:59 PM, daddyairplanes said:

"if you aint cheating you aint trying"

-old military saying

i always attributed that quote to Eddie Guerrero

• Like 1

Amazing some people argue against rearming refueling and repairing for another sortie in the same mission.

Anyways, sorry for the late reply i was taking a break from the game. The 50km bubble of existence means that if you leave the AO and return all the destroyed units reappear?

nope. they phase shift into another reality/dimension

18 hours ago, Wrench said:

nope. they phase shift into another reality/dimension

Cool, at least now i know its not like they suddenly dont count.

Is there a mod or script or cheat that allows me to reuse catapult after landing in the carrier or after i land that's it?

3 hours ago, DarudeSandstorm said:

Cool, at least now i know its not like they suddenly dont count.

Is there a mod or script or cheat that allows me to reuse catapult after landing in the carrier or after i land that's it?

After you land that's it.

Now, it would really be cool if the entire flight could re-arm and re-fuel. It would also be cool if you could do it at the forward airbases.

• Like 1