I just noticed the stock TW MiG-21F-13 [aka Fishbed-C] has only 30 rounds of ammo while the sources I've checked say it carried 60 rounds. Is that an old issue that I should have known about :grandpa:or something that hasn't been noticed before. [hard to believe]

5 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

Cubans had 60 during bay of pigs

Out of curiosity how do you know?

The original MiG-21F, the plane with the two NR-30 guns, was intended to have only 30 rounds per gun. With the MiG-21F13 one gun was replaced. The space where the gun was, was now used for equipment which was needed for the AA-2 Atoll (aka R-3S, aka K-13) missile. The ammoload for the gun was increased to 60 rounds.

The ammo of the MiG-21F and F-13 was belt feed. The belt was layed around the fuselage (of course under the skin). When the one gun was removed the space for the ammo belt of this gun became empty and was used to increase the lenght of the ammo belt for the other gun.

• Like 1

What Gepard said.

USAF docs are correct, 60 rounds for the F-13.

• Like 1

Gepard is right, read it too on the 21 books I own.

• Like 1