MigBuster

Strike Fighters 2: Windows 10 Edition up for pre-order

What new rig do you have? I've upgraded several times now with no issues - other than the nvidia issue where I can't use unlimted setting for one of the graphics settings...

Is up to buy I think, but cannot properly check right now.

50 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Is up to buy I think, but cannot properly check right now.

Only for pre-order.

6 hours ago, viper63a said:

No news?

No news. I see TW is still much active for their mobile games, though.

5 hours ago, Menrva said:

No news. I see TW is still much active for their mobile games, though.

:( 

1 minute ago, viper63a said:

Thinking they aint gonna make May 2020? :) 

I wouldn't hold my breath

• Like 2

Excellent ! :good:

I don't mind the waiting, but some communication would be nice...

1 minute ago, viper63a said:

I don't mind the waiting, but some communication would be nice...

That wasn't his strong point in the last couple of years...I guess he didn't change over time. :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Remember... "Two weeks" my friends... "two weeks":grin:

5ee544231f4e3_Twoweeks.jpg.13e2bd805e465d8e30479780d655abf7.jpg

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Coupi said:

Remember... "Two weeks" my friends... "two weeks":grin:

5ee544231f4e3_Twoweeks.jpg.13e2bd805e465d8e30479780d655abf7.jpg

Woohoo! Thats new...I had checked that right before commenting in the last post. A little communication is a good thing...

• Like 2

Speaking of communication make sure to get a clear answer to:

a) Can we just port over all the expansion packs and more importantly all our mods to this new version?

b) If not, then what?  How?

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

I"m going to venture a guess that 3rd party mods will probably just drop in. Anything from 3W (DLCs, expansion packs) will most likely have to be party re-written for Winge10. Just my wandering thoughts ...

• Like 2

I'm not expecting any thing other than a mild improvement in graphics.

• Like 3

I am not expecting anything. Just new logo win10 in the right bottom corner.

For years TW was ignorant about SF2 community, and now it is even arrogant to deny any SF2 community. 

If only someone cared little and visited community forums - one would know what needs to be improved. We would have improvements dreamed for years a long time ago. But...it is better to re-heat burger from last week and still try to sell it. Instead, we will have a patch that allows you to run on w10 even if without it still runs ok. Patch surrounded by big OH!! and WOW,  AHH!! and hopes, nothing more. 

I hope I am wrong.

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Well, I'm afraid you are not wrong. He already stated, that the update will only include W10-compatibility and nothing more, as his financial goals were not met. So in the end TK can even blame his (already) 2nd class customers for that, as we all haven't thrown more money into the black hole "TW". At the time I spent the money I was not really convinced of him creating something substantial new and updated, but...well...even then I gave the money with a tiny bit of hope. I would be surprised, if all the money he got is really invested into SF2 alone... I hope I am wrong too.

In my opinion TW/TK doesn't deserve any more cent at all from any customer.

• Like 5

No update... since July 2013 ! :mellow:

Sometimes I wonder if a group of us could

a) Buy the source code to the PC version of TW

b) Get a Win10 version + bug fixed version going and sell that on Steam

c) Use the profits to keep adding modules, jets, weapons, ships, maps, etcetera.

Not everybody has time for DCS: World.  Nor is it easy to mod for DCS.

Edited by JosefK
Gotta mention the bugs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JosefK said:

Sometimes I wonder if a group of us could

a) Buy the source code to the PC version of TW

b) Get a Win10 version + bug fixed version going and sell that on Steam

c) Use the profits to keep adding modules, jets, weapons, ships, maps, etcetera.

Not everybody has time for DCS: World.  Nor is it easy to mod for DCS.

A) It would be nice, but probably not going to happen

B) Probably not going to happen, TK would have to give his  blessing for it (much like for the code)

C) A lot of the modding is free (There's YAP) but the community would probably up in arms about it. Granted it would be nice but I don't see that happening personally.

I don't have enough disk space on my laptop to run DCS, and even when I had  it installed I barely flew it, not interested in it as much as I used to be.

• Like 2

"2 weeks"

I mean, hell, SOMEBODY had to say it!! :biggrin:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Well, I guess that TW, to make its product more interesting, will add some new features like new plane/s or terrain/s. My guess...

• Haha 4