Gents, what is the best F-14? Considering 3D model, FM and cockpit.

1- Thirwire

2- Mirage Factory

3- YAP

Cheers!!!

Thirdwire with MirageFactory Cockpit.

edit:

And Crusader avionics. :big_boss:

Edited by yakarov79
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I prefer the TW F-14 because it has a radar display. I wish MF put the radar screen in the cockpit or else I would fly those. If I'm doing strike missions (if I ever use the Tomcat) I'd use the MF birds.

• Like 2

The flightmodel of TW F-14 is the one, which fits best to the other stock planes in game. So the stock F-14A is for me the best choice.

• Like 1

As far as I know, it's been repackaged by Ceasar as the Tomcat Superpack or whatnot, but it is in the Downloads section.

22 hours ago, EricJ said:

I prefer the TW F-14 because it has a radar display. I wish MF put the radar screen in the cockpit or else I would fly those. If I'm doing strike missions (if I ever use the Tomcat) I'd use the MF birds.

I don't follow.  The radar is shown on the HSD.  

21 hours ago, EricJ said:

As far as I know, it's been repackaged by Ceasar as the Tomcat Superpack or whatnot, but it is in the Downloads section.

It wasn't repackaged by me.  I'm just the uploader.  Basically, Spectre had other projects going on, so when we got pinged by Dave about cockpit modifications and some other stuff, I wound up taking over that role.  The entire team involved with the Superpack is listed in the credits section, and it wasn't just to credit past work; Crusader, SupGen, ToS and the others were directly involved in the V1.3X update.

EDIT:

I also didn't respond to OP's question.  I'd probably come across as biased as part of the team that did the SP, but what I'll say is that the TW cockpit feels very two-dimensional, and the plane also has this weird tendency to lose "g" authority at higher subsonic numbers which the plane in reality didn't suffer from.  The TW flight model was the basis for the SP F-14, but we made some tweaks to try to increase available "g" in that region.  The biggest differences come from the later F-14s in the SP which allow you to do strike missions and have compatibility with LANTIRN, JDAMs and the like.  All these things having been said, the best F-14 out there in my opinion is Heatblur's for DCS - I haven't touched my StrikeFighters sims since that got released.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

I don't follow.  The radar is shown on the HSD.  

It wasn't repackaged by me.  I'm just the uploader.  Basically, Spectre had other projects going on, so when we got pinged by Dave about cockpit modifications and some other stuff, I wound up taking over that role.  The entire team involved with the Superpack is listed in the credits section, and it wasn't just to credit past work; Crusader, SupGen, ToS and the others were directly involved in the V1.3X update.

EDIT:

I also didn't respond to OP's question.  I'd probably come across as biased as part of the team that did the SP, but what I'll say is that the TW cockpit feels very two-dimensional, and the plane also has this weird tendency to lose "g" authority at higher subsonic numbers which the plane in reality didn't suffer from.  The TW flight model was the basis for the SP F-14, but we made some tweaks to try to increase available "g" in that region.  The biggest differences come from the later F-14s in the SP which allow you to do strike missions and have compatibility with LANTIRN, JDAMs and the like.  All these things having been said, the best F-14 out there in my opinion is Heatblur's for DCS - I haven't touched my StrikeFighters sims since that got released.

I'll relook at the MF birds and see what I can do.

As for the packaging okay.