MigBuster

Strike Fighters 2 Complete Edition until Feb 29 2020

I have now the whole (Games/DLCs) SF2 game but... impossible to get the complete one ! :dntknw:

17 minutes ago, Coupi said:

I have now the whole (Games/DLCs) SF2 game but... impossible to get the complete one ! :dntknw:

Why?

2 hours ago, MigBuster said:

Why?

Because I would like to use the TW link to get the free version ! 

Email support@thirdwire.com and they will sort it out........do you have anything bought under old email addresses?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MigBuster said:

Email support@thirdwire.com and they will sort it out........do you have anything bought under old email addresses?

Hello,

This is the same email adress I've used for all SF2 products from the start and I've sent an message to their support.

Thanks a lot !!! :drinks:

I just got the Complete Edition! Can't wait to get my hands on the smaller DLCs I was missing.

So, owners of the Complete Edition get the Win10 update for free, right? If it's DirectX 12 only, it will be unplayable on my end, but at least I can count on having the most recent edition once I can afford to update my crate.

• Like 1

Nothing has been released yet regarding that...........that was based on this from Thirdwire:

Strike Fighters 2 is a series of popular PC games we released back in 2008 (over 11 years ago!). It was a unique series of inter-connected light/casual flight simulation games set in the Cold War. Despite its age, it's still being enjoyed by many users, thanks largely to its huge and active mod community.

The games were originally designed on (then brand new) Windows Vista, but over the years, new Windows versions have came and gone (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and finally 10), the hardware has evolved at dizzying speed, and internet security and privacy have become major concerns. With all these changes, some people are reporting issues running our old games on newer machines.

We'd love to be able to update the series to the latest Windows and Direct X version. But we're a very small independent company with very limited resources, and we do not currently have the funds to do this. And this is where you can help!

$25,000 USD is the minimum we need to cover the cost of development and testing. At this level funding, the update will simply be Windows 10/DirectX 12 update with no other fixes, enhancement or improvement.

Of course, any funding we get above and beyond the $25K amount would be used to further enhance and improve the series. Our users have asked for Oculus VR support, air-to-air refueling, and many other features. These all cost time and money, a lot of it unfortunately, so they'll need to be prioritized. We'll put the decisions about which additional features to work on to vote among the contributors. So by funding this and becoming a contributor, you're not only helping us with the funding, you'll also have a say in which direction to go with the update.

Direct X 11 and Direct X 11.1 are the versions needed to run on Win 7 AFAIK and they go back 9 - 11 years now so I can see why he mentioned DX12

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MigBuster said:

Direct X 11 and Direct X 11.1 are the versions needed to run on Win 7 AFAIK and they go back 9 - 11 years now so I can see why he mentioned DX12

Yes, DirectX 11 was the base standard of Windows 7. TK's plan makes sense. SF2 currently runs on DirectX 9 with DirectX 10 additions on highest settings, and DirectX 10 post processing shaders make the game crash with latest NVIDIA drivers. I wonder if DirectX 12 GPUs will be mandatory to play the new edition. We can only wait and see.

Off to fly with the DLC planes!

I got the complete pack due to spend some bucks on the crowd funding.

2 Questions.

Will it work under Win7 64 bit

and can i easy transfer my mods? 

2 hours ago, Soulfreak said:

2 Questions.

Will it work under Win7 64 bit

and can i easy transfer my mods? 

It is the SF2 you know and love. It is a Win7 game, so of course it will work on Win7. It also works on Win10, but it's not officially supported, hence why TK is upgrading the whole series now.

As for mods, I think it's easy as always, after all you're a modder like the most of us.

Edited by Menrva

On 23/02/2020 at 9:11 PM, MigBuster said:

Hi,

no answer from TW (support) and via Facebook... :dntknw:

Disapointed ! :type:

4 hours ago, Coupi said:

Hi,

no answer from TW (support) and via Facebook... :dntknw:

Disapointed ! :type:

If he goes on holiday for 5 days then you have to wait that long I guess :lol:

2 minutes ago, MigBuster said:

If he goes on holiday for 5 days then you have to wait that long I guess :lol:

I hope ! :drinks:

I got it ! :smile:

I've used the access code... from my first SF2 purchase in 2008 !

Coupi :hi:

• Like 4

Well that'll teach me to swing by more often...

Would have qualified for the 50% discount & would have opted for it.

I missed out on that,  but thinking ANYONE already having paid and waiting for the Win10 edition should get Complete Edition for free?

:) 

A Thirdwire Discord user founld this.

Too sad. 

タイトルなし.png

You gotta respect his opinion though and viewpoint. I mean I got that way with modding in Arma 3. If nobody really wanted it, why bother?

• Like 1

I'm just curious as to WHY we're still beating this dead horse... it's not going to tenderize any more than it is already

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

they said this horse is still kickin'

• Haha 2

If someone had the knowledge to hack the game and fix bugs and adding some features we would improve the game a lot, but hacking exes is almoat impossible without the code.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stratos said:

If someone had the knowledge to hack the game and fix bugs and adding some features we would improve the game a lot, but hacking exes is almoat impossible without the code.

Pretty much, no code no fixes, and I don't think TK will give it up, so we're nowhere.

Edited by 59rar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering how to customize the numbers after your callsigns, since it always gives me the same ones.
      I think i managed somehow once, a bit of time ago, but now i forgot and have no idea how to.
      I'm not talking about how to customize the callsign name, but the unit number after it.
      As you can see in the Roster and in the picture under, i get "Fast Eagle 1-1" and "Fast Eagle 1-2"
      Here are some examples:

The numbers on the tail, wing and nose numbers are customized, cause i managed how to change them, choosing them individually for each unit in the mission file by changing "AircraftNumber=" and typing the number, like "2" (as for 202). It doesn't change by typing the whole number tho, like 202 by typing 202, but it goes by typing the number that corresponds to the list of numbers you have. For example, In a list that goes from 200 to 400, you will have to type 10 to get 300. Here i just typed "2" and "7" since the list starts from 200

IIRC, in the past i just used to type the Aircaft number just like that, and in-game i had the proper number after the callsign, like "Fast Eagle 102", not just the number displayed on the plane livery.
      How do i do? I'm pretty sure that it's possible to have "Fast Eagle 102" on my screen HUD and in the Roster
      Thanks in advance for helping me.

• By thejackie
      Greetings, first of all. This game is AMAZING, and it is one of the few good sims (or light-sims) that'll actually run on my laptop, it has a lot of variety and I seriously love that... I'd just like to know how to mod it better, you see, I've downloaded TONS of aircraft and, up to this point, they've all appeared on the list no problem whatsoever.
      The main problem is the weapons, now, I don't know what I messed up or how I did, but there's a lot of weapons missing, some of them pretty important. I'm looking for someone that can walk me trough this and give me some tips in the way.
      by the way, if you want to know which exactly are my addons, they're mostly aircraft and weapons, all of them ripped from the desert storm mod over to "vanilla" sf2, since I can't run the desert storm mod. 
      I'm willing to do a lot of work to get my game back in order and I hope I can get some help.... with nothing more to add, I await for some pointers, thanks beforehand.
    • By Coupi

View File AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      What if Mod : AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      v1.0.0

1) History
          Studied by General Dynamics, the Seekbat tested under the designation XAIM-97 was a USAF 
          attempt to field a long range AAM for intercepting the Foxbat.
          This 590 kg air-to- air weapon was a SAHM. Its speed was Mach 3+ and its range was 90 km.
          The Seekbat was another Standard missile derivate...

2) Installation
          This AAM uses the AGM-78 LOD file from Strike Fighters 2.
          I have repainted the tile and created the needed files with the TW Weapon Editor.

Put the "Objects" folder to your SF2 Directory

In order to fire it you could fly the Thirdwire F-15A and you need edit the data.ini of the plane 
          and add "SAHM" entry to this file :
              // Weapon Stations --------------------------
              [LeftWingStation]
              SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
              StationID=1
              StationGroupID=2
              AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,LGB,EOGB,MER,FT,SAHM
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_L
              [RightWingStation]
              StationID=2
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_R

3) What if story 
          1980 over Europe : the AIM-97A Seekbat is in operational service !

Its your turn now !

Coupi ;)
      Submitter Coupi Submitted 11/01/2022 Category Single Ordnance Files  
    • By Coupi
      What if Mod : AIM-97A Seekbat for SF2
      v1.0.0

1) History
          Studied by General Dynamics, the Seekbat tested under the designation XAIM-97 was a USAF 
          attempt to field a long range AAM for intercepting the Foxbat.
          This 590 kg air-to- air weapon was a SAHM. Its speed was Mach 3+ and its range was 90 km.
          The Seekbat was another Standard missile derivate...

2) Installation
          This AAM uses the AGM-78 LOD file from Strike Fighters 2.
          I have repainted the tile and created the needed files with the TW Weapon Editor.

Put the "Objects" folder to your SF2 Directory

In order to fire it you could fly the Thirdwire F-15A and you need edit the data.ini of the plane 
          and add "SAHM" entry to this file :
              // Weapon Stations --------------------------
              [LeftWingStation]
              StationID=1
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_L
              [RightWingStation]
              StationID=2
              StationGroupID=2
              AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
              FuelTankName=Tank610_F15
              FuelTankNodeName=droptank_wing_R

3) What if story 
          1980 over Europe : the AIM-97A Seekbat is in operational service !

Its your turn now !

Coupi ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..