Trailblazing a\c the A12 oxcart.....most stealth wouldnt exist for it...all the days \ months \years at Groom lake were`nt wasted...

Funny thing about it...Lockheed tried for ages to keep it a secret from Russia...testing on its "radar cross section site" on a pole......which was raised up above test run way to beam radar at it...then lower away back underground to hide away from Russkie satellites....but unknown to the Skunkworks...Russians had spotted the heat of runway showed "cool spot" and the "shadow " of the a\c shape....subsequently they painted the test runway in heat absorbant paint lol

this pic is to when tested at Groom...later

Lockheed_A12_radar_testing_at_Area51.jpg

• Like 2

there's an A-12 in the downloads section someplace (by Veltro2K, iirc)

wrong A-12, the one we have is the cancelled USN strike bird

there is a YF-12 on that other site

hmmm.... how odd is it then, that I have Veltro's YF-12A "Starduster", with my skin, decal and ini upgrades sitting right here in my SF2 mods folder???

the other you're thinking of is the TMF A-12 Avenger, also upgraded by me

veltro_yf12a_folder.jpg

yf12_veltro.JPG

• Like 3

1) The A-12 Avenger II was not from the TMF originally, it was released on the french community site, Check-Six, exclusively at first, but at least at the time rhugouvi wasn't part of the Mirage Factory.

2) Veltro's plane is an YF-12 which is another beast entirely from either the A-12 or the SR-71, same overall program and airframe but not the same plane. The YF-12 is the ugly one of the family (not a comment on Veltro's work, just the subject matter).

And yes, the YF-12 is available here...

So shut up, you're both kind of wrong and kind of right, there, happy now ! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3