Hi my Friends.

I Need Help can anyones help me ? 

in 3ds max When i am doing 2 file attachments (Link) and exporting lod file linked files They change position.

Untitled-1.jpg

Every node in a LOD model has origin coordinates (x and y and z) and origin axis (x and y and z), these are then added to the origins of any parenting nodes. 

I suspect you reverse engineered something and these origins are now messed up.

Edit: right, Pivot is the word in 3DSmax, not origin.

Edited by gerwin

as gerwin said. 

I am guessing - nodes not treated by Reset XForm nor pivot points reset/set properly. Particular parts have a different alignment of pivot points. When parts with incorrect, non-reset pivot points are linked together - that what is happening.

agreed,if the co-ords are not renewd then the parts resort to the old co-ords and move there instead as the size\placement is being read as old placement

Place pivot point of main object (for example Fuselage) at 0, 0, 0 coordinate. x must be in x direction y in y z in z. All other nodes link to fuselage or to parent. all nodes have to be linked and have right directions of its pivot points

Edited by bazillius
missprint

12 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

agreed,if the co-ords are not renewd then the parts resort to the old co-ords and move there instead as the size\placement is being read as old placement

How i can fix it ? 

Unlink messed nodes (or better everything) reset pivot points ( or even reset xform first) link again as desired

Like yak said....unlink offending meshes...important to un link or if you reset xform a linked mesh...it screws up the secene...throwing the linked meshes all over the viewport..

and then reset pivots,align to world for un animated meshes...

also IMPORTANT...xform reset loses animations....by that I mean the pivot is defaultr place so local animation is lost..

xform reset is a last resort and not your friend....I now make sure any scaling is corrected BEFORE animating etc.....and placing \ moving meshes to obscure angles...

I used to make landing gears and mirror them to save doing twice ...port and starboard.

as you have to reset the meshes as when mirrored the polys turn facing inwards.. and some animations reverse with no fix,apart from re animating..

however Ive found if you Instance the gear meshes...mirror them and then make unique each mesh...it keeps the animations,and scale......then no need to flip polys back as this way they seem to work in game fine.

Edited by russouk2004