Has anyone ever gotten ships to fire ASM's at other ships, and how did you do it?

don't remember ASMs, but when placed "close enough", they will engage with their gun batteries. (reference: one of the patch levels of NA, placed oppossing fleets within a few kms of each other ... was fun to try and launch from the carrier while under fire from enemy surface ships!!!)

in theory, and the viewpoint is placed high enough, ASMs should have no real problems

@PFunk Ships will engages other ships with ASMs. Which ships are you working on? I can talk you through it.

• Like 2

I was checking ship versus ship combat last year. But limited things to the naval guns, so no missiles. Topic is here:

Ships will engage naval and land targets with guns. They will engage naval targets with missiles too if in range. Not sure if they will hit land targets with missiles.

large.img00256.JPG.a66284cc52f4ae4f9615c 

large.img00257.JPG.ad19c3d48f72811e7bf4c

large.img00258.JPG.a1e3b9b6a62909e39bf66

4 hours ago, KJakker said:

@PFunk Ships will engages other ships with ASMs. Which ships are you working on? I can talk you through it.

I’d like to get the Komar- and Osa-class boats to engage carrier groups with their Styx ASMs.

8 hours ago, allenjb42 said:

Ships will engage naval and land targets with guns. They will engage naval targets with missiles too if in range. Not sure if they will hit land targets with missiles.

large.img00256.JPG.a66284cc52f4ae4f9615c 

large.img00257.JPG.ad19c3d48f72811e7bf4c

large.img00258.JPG.a1e3b9b6a62909e39bf66

I can confirm that ship based land attack missiles work. I've seen USN ships launching missiles (Tomahawks IIRC) at Kharg Island for example on the Iran / Iraq map.

• Thanks 2