Sign in to follow this  
Ghost001

How to add UPK-23-250 gunpod ino the Mig-21?

I have been struggling to add the UPK-23-250 gunpod I had downloaded from the Soviet Vertical Pack in the Mig-21 since few days, but in vain. How do I do it? 

Add it to the loadout,first though for the station you want it placed add it  (GP) to the stations supported weapontypes.

AllowedWeaponClass=GP

Fishbeds never carried those. 

maybe a GP-9 would be more along the lines??? 

Research, Research and more research.

Some late versions can load and fire the UPK-23 from the inboard wing stations. The MiG-21bis, for example.

1 hour ago, Crusader said:

Some late versions can load and fire the UPK-23 from the inboard wing stations. The MiG-21bis, for example.

I have never seen such a weapon on a MiG-21. And i doubt, that the wiring of the inner pylons can handle gunpods. Gunpods on inner stations could cause a conflict with the maingears too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

According ED forums their Mig21 Bis has them...scroll to section 9  

https://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/guides/DCS MiG-21bis Guide.pdf

Its not a trustworthy source. They also use the RS-2US, AA-1 Alkali for the MiG-21bis. The MiG-21bis radar was unable to operate the Alkali. They have flare dispensers on MiG-21bis. The MiG-21bis had not had such device. Only the SPS jammer pod had flare dispensers included.

I will try to contact a former MiG-21 pilot. Perhaps he know more about gunpods on MiG-21 wingstations.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Gepard. No wiring for gun pods in the wing. At least I do not remember any.

It might be that in some countries technicians rewired wings to carry some custom stuff.

For example in Poland, technicians were doing that. But it was not common and appeared only in one unit...then aircrafts were rotating between units. Which created confusion and belief that it was common practice., wherein fact only a few airframes were modified. 

• Thanks 1

The answer i got from the former east german MiG-21 pilot was: "Such thing we definitly had not had. And i have never heared, that the soviets used UPK-23 on MiG-21."

• Thanks 1

SF2 having more realism than DCS? Blasphemy!!! :lol:

• Haha 2

No. Sf2 community/modders have bigger fetish for realism...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

No. Sf2 community/modders have bigger fetish for realism...

and a better (re easier) medium for more to practice their references