Hi guys

Is there a Green RN Sea King skin for the Falkland mod as the Sea Kings used during the War was green but the Sea King in the mod is blue, If there isn't one could someone create one please

Edited by JohnLewis141997
  • Like 1

not sure too many are working on Sea Kings right now

if you have Photoshop (or picked up GIMP for free) we would be glad to talk you through creating one yourself though.

everyones gotta start somewhere

• Like 1

There is no green RAf Skin out.

But which model are you talking About?

Capun has a Sea King done (older model) and also Florian did one.

For Florians I guess there are templates around. For Capuns I don´t think so.

For Florians I guess there are templates around. For Capuns I don´t think so.

and to get capuns if they got one ,like asking George H Bush to tell truth...or his son,not to say stupid things like "More and more of our imports are from abroad now"

• Haha 1

RAF dispatched only single  Sea King XZ592 during the Falklands conflict. Used mostly for replenishment sorties to ships supporting the task force. It was painted in grey camo back then.

First RAF Sea King to serve in Falkland painted in yellow SAR scheme was XZ596 and arrived with 78th Sq in August 1999.

Edited by yakarov79

lol coincidently looking while you posted...both schemes  used in falklands  white stripe ones carried Commandos etc on raids.

p-33408-a04056-westland-sea-king-markings.jpg

p-33408-a04056-westland-sea-king-layout.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

15 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

ooo ?

russo i was trying to answer the original question ....

19 hours ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

Is there a Green RAF Sea King skin for the Falkland

8 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

lol coincidently looking while you posted...both schemes  used in falklands  white stripe ones carried Commandos etc on raids

those are HC.4 used by Fleet Air Arm....

RAF used only HAR.3 version and as I said only single one was deployed.

edit:

not trying to be a dick or something...just guy asked about RAF.

As for templates, I've made one some time ago when releasing some Sea King skins...But If I remember correctly I've lost it somewhere. So maybe someone has it from me.

Edited by yakarov79

If you watch the Falklands War footage the Sea Kings have a all green scheme, are they RAF or RN Sea Kings?, Actually I think they were RN HC.4 

40 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

those are HC.4 used by Fleet Air Arm....

RAF used only HAR.3 version and as I said only single one was deployed.

edit:

not trying to be a dick or something...just guy asked about RAF.

As for templates, I've made one some time ago when releasing some Sea King skins...But If I yE it somewhere. So maybe someone has it from me.

Just realized they were Royal Navy so I changed the title from Raf to RN

16 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

if you have Photoshop (or picked up GIMP for free) we would be glad to talk you through creating one yourself though.

everyones gotta start somewhere

I can give it a go can you send a link please

If anyone is gonna mention Prince Andrew don't mention you know just his role in the Falklands since it relates 

10 minutes ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

If you watch the Falklands War footage the Sea Kings have a all green schem

I have watched some footage. And also I have a quite large private database on Sikorsky/Westland Sea King...(just in case for future). And yes most of the Sea Kings were painted 'green'. But those were Fleet Air Arm, not Royal Air Force.  You asked in your question above about green RAF.

As the topic is very interesting for me - unique deployment of only one RAF Sea King - thought you were referring to RAF as stated above.

I'm kind of helicopter history prevert....so bear with me.

Edited by yakarov79

1 minute ago, yakarov79 said:

I have watched some footage. And also I have a quite large private database on Sikorsky/Westland Sea King...(just in case for future). And yes most of the Sea Kings were painted 'green'. But those were Fleet Air Arm, not Royal Air Force.  You asked in your question above about green RAF.

As the topic is very interesting for me - unique deployment of only one RAF Sea King - thought you were referring to RAF as stated above. 

I corrected my mistake 

Pictures of Green Sea Kings during the Falklands are rare. Lots of pics of RN birds in South West Asia with their big sand filters.

Oh here is another one from my collection.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1b219b956b425c43cf0c81fa5cb2ea1.jpeg

CL

9 minutes ago, charlielima said:

Pictures of Green Sea Kings during the Falklands are rare. Lots of pics of RN birds in South West Asia with their big sand filters.

Oh here is another one from my collection.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1b219b956b425c43cf0c81fa5cb2ea1.jpeg

CL

There is footage of the Sea Kings lifting logistics will under attack in San Carlos Water, I post when I can

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JohnLewis141997 said:

Hi guys

Is there a Green RN Sea King skin for the Falkland mod as the Sea Kings used during the War was green but the Sea King in the mod is blue, If there isn't one could someone create one please

Good Snivel. Another challenge tho is I believe the RN Sea Kings flying the Royal Marines about did not have the sponsons. CL

Just now, JohnLewis141997 said:

It doesn't show Sea Kings but you can see a Westland Wessex near the end 

• Like 1

ZA298 flew in Falklands and received damage to tail..1:52 when the 4 A4`s attacked....see here she is in retirement in RNAS Yeovilton she served in both gulf wars and in bosnia among other missions.

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

ZA298 flew in Falklands and received damage to tail..1:52 when the 4 A4`s attacked....see here she is in retirement in RNAS Yeovilton she served in both gulf wars and in bosnia among other missions.

You seen the BBC Live doc of the Falklands, especially the part when the BBC crew were in the Wessex as two Skyhawks came close to them  

yeah saw that when it was broadcast m8....also met Flight Lieutenant David Morgan  in Dorset few years back by accident ...he was coming out of pub as we were going in....he shot down 2 enemy a\c in his FRS1,later  his buddy ward had died. he shot down 2  A4 1 c130 and a pucara iirc

Edited by russouk2004

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

yeah saw that when it was broadcast m8....also met Flight Lieutenant David Morgan  in Dorset few years back by accident ...he was coming out of pub as we were going in....he shot down 2 enemy a\c in his FRS1,later  his buddy ward had died. he shot down 2  A4 1 c130 and a pucara iirc

I'm only 22 but I quite a History Buff of WW1, 2 and the Falklands. Who Sharkey? 

Sharkey Ward was a famous sea harrier pilot in the falklands.Just had a quick play and you are looking for something like the attached pics ? (replacing the sponsons is a bit beyond my modest abilities !)

img00008.JPG

img00034.JPG

• Like 3