Hello all!

I've been ini dancing for hours trying to see If I could get the seat on my F-5a (which is not a separate LOD but part of the main model) to function in game .. meaning to separate from the aircraft after ejection..

I'd really like not to have to make a separate seat model LOD; does anyone know If it can be done?

PS: It an be achieved easily with weapon stations, FTs etc.. but the entries in the aicraft data for the seat don't really provide for a node call .. I added one but it doesn't work..:sad:

[Pilot]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0,3.10,0.9
PilotModelName=HGU26AW.lod
SeatModelName=F-5a_Seat
ModelNodeName=seat_frame ..............this doesn't work
SeatPosition=0.00,1.6,0.33
MinExtentPosition=-0.25,2.86,-0.22
MaxExtentPosition= 0.25,3.87, 1.00
CanopyNodeName=Canopy_Main

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Sophocles

it will not work , there are 2 reasons to get the seat seperated from the aircraft model , you will reduce the lod size of the aircraft model  and  the seat will seperate after ejection

Edited by ravenclaw_007

1 hour ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

it will not work , there are 2 reasons to get the seat seperated from the aircraft model , you will reduce the lod size of the aircraft model  and  the seat will seperate after ejection

Bingo!

It is possible, but you must assign seat to canopy (or glass).

Not perfect solution but working.

Check Jarek's AV-8.

32tr7.jpg

You can have fueltanks drop when built in the planes lod....and it has a seperate entry in the weapons folder.....try same with seat....copy an existing seat ini file folder \ etc ...o\c you need rename it to your seats name .and delete the seat LOD you use..and try that..see if it works.  justa thought

Edited by russouk2004

it is possible. 

as guuru said. I've linked seat into the canopy. Seat pops up when 'ejected' with canopy.

check my Harrier.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sophocles said:

Hello all!

I've been ini dancing for hours trying to see If I could get the seat on my F-5a (which is not a separate LOD but part of the main model) to function in game .. meaning to separate from the aircraft after ejection..

I'd really like not to have to make a separate seat model LOD; does anyone know If it can be done?

PS: It an be achieved easily with weapon stations, FTs etc.. but the entries in the aicraft data for the seat don't really provide for a node call .. I added one but it doesn't work..:sad:

[Pilot]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0,3.10,0.9
SeatModelName=F-5a_Seat
ModelNodeName=seat_frame ..............this doesn't work
SeatPosition=0.00,1.6,0.33

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Sophocles

Try this, provided the seat node name is correct the seat will disappear with the canopy when you eject.

[XXX]
SystemName=Pilot
SystemName=EjectionSeat

[Pilot]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0,3.10,0.9
SeatModelName=
SeatPosition=

[EjectionSeat]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0,0.0,0.0
PilotModelName=FakePilot
SeatModelName=
SeatPosition=
SeatID=2
Mass=0
MinExtentPosition=
MaxExtentPosition=
CanopyNodeName=seat_frame

• Like 2

I used to have seat with model now I have it with model...make sure position is correct and add it as seperate Lod now...much easier

IIRC theres a Mk16 about...F5A uses the MB Mk16 if im not mistaken...T38 uses new model MB seat nowadays.

Edited by russouk2004

6 hours ago, guuruu said:

It is possible, but you must assign seat to canopy (or glass).

Not perfect solution but working.

Check Jarek's AV-8.

32tr7.jpg

Thanks guuruu, this looks lke a solution..

1 hour ago, russouk2004 said:

I used to have seat with model now I have it with model...make sure position is correct and add it as seperate Lod now...much easier

IIRC theres a Mk16 about...F5A uses the if im not mistaken...T38 uses new model MB seat nowadays.

The F-5a had the standard Northrop seat Russ, with some countries including Greece substituting them for MB Mk10s

Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, dtmdragon said:

Try this, provided the seat node name is correct the seat will disappear with the canopy when you eject.

Brilliant  dtmdragon!!  The seat not only ejects but also separates from the canopy!!

Much appreciated!!!!  :good::good::drinks:

What a community!!

ejection.JPG

• Like 7

8 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

and where is the pilot ??? :yikes:

Darn it! I knew I missed something ...:biggrin:

Seriously though, it appears that only by incorporating the seat as part of the main LOD and using either yakarov79's or  dtmdragon's methods,

can we get the seat to appear during the ejection sequence.  With the seat as a separate LOD, all I've seen so far by experimenting in-game is that the seat

disappears from the main model ie. it's not visible in the aircraft after ejection.  In all cases however the pilot disappears completely..

Can someone confirm that this is the case please?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, sophocles said:

the pilot disappears completely..

Maybe he is hero ? He dropped canopy and seat to make plane lighter and went to engine section to check what is wrong ?

Another option ... it was too big G during ejection and he is still on seat, but so flat that invisible ?

Edited by guuruu
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sophocles said:

With the seat as a separate LOD, all I've seen so far by experimenting in-game is that the seat

disappears from the main model ie. it's not visible in the aircraft after ejection..nor does it show separating from the aircraft as the canopy parts do.  In all cases however the pilot disappears completely..

Yeah guys I know it's hillarious:wink: .. and sometimes we (I at least :wink:) take this hobby way too seriously .. I'd really like someone to confirm that this is the case for stock aircraft and for those that have seats added as separate LODs.

Thanks fellas.. You're the best!!:good:

When you have also pilot as part of model he is not using Star Trek teleportation system.

The seat and pilot disappear as the stock TW ejection effect and camera angle are from the pilots perspective after ejecting. Hence you are the pilot sitting on the seat. That is why you see the aircraft and separated canopy disappear off below you. 

Edited by dtmdragon

45 minutes ago, dtmdragon said:

The seat and pilot disappear as the stock TW ejection effect and camera angle are from the pilots perspective after ejecting. Hence you are the pilot sitting on the seat. That is why you see the aircraft and separated canopy disappear off below you. 

Ofcourse dtmdragon,  I'm  not refering to the pilot's perspective but to viewing the ejection from an external view as in the pics of the av-8b and the F-5 further up in the thread.